Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heng Long T34-85 “Nikki II” out for a drive. What a reliable tank this has been. All stock gearboxes, motors and road wheels.

For more cool r/c tank photos and short videos visit my Instagram @ fsttanks
    Click image for larger version

Name:	D6662277-D47F-4A2C-973F-430388186EC6.jpeg
Views:	891
Size:	411.6 KB
ID:	262814

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post

The NO BEARINGS in the road wheels was a deal killer for me. Sold it before I even got it in. Plastic on plastic will last only a few hours of running for me.

Did you try a set of Challenger 2 bearing road wheels on it? They used Challenger road wheels on the prototype. They might have kept the design close enough. Unfortunately I sold my Chieftain before I tried this combination out.

Your Chieftain is the first dirty one I have seen anywhere online👍👍👍

Thats a good idea for the road wheels, might just have to give that a shot. I'll forfeit 100% scale appearance to keep the vehicle running, especially since I just love the Chieftain hull so much.

And thanks! When it arrived and I saw the... rather garish green/black camo I was excited. Those kinds of saturated tones really settle down and look fantastic under some wash layers and pigments. Naturally weathering tanks works, but I like to use washes and pigments to build a good dirty baseline to let the real wear settle in on top of. And weathering is fun!

Originally posted by Rubicon99 View Post
      Heng Long T34-85 “Nikki II” out for a drive. What a reliable tank this has been. All stock gearboxes, motors and road wheels.

For more cool r/c tank photos and short videos visit my Instagram @ fsttanks

Name:	D6662277-D47F-4A2C-973F-430388186EC6.jpeg
Views:	891
Size:	411.6 KB
ID:	262814
      Lovely weathering job on this too, that turret really looks quite fantastic!

Comment

• fuchstraumer I missed your Chieftain earlier, what a stunner! The driver's hatch is a nice touch on that model. Please consider making a new thread dedicated to the Haya Chieftain, I'm sure others would be interested in a closer look.

I agree with you about the WPL, too. Their Ural is a good base for a P 18 radar conversion. One day!
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
          fuchstraumer I missed your Chieftain earlier, what a stunner! The driver's hatch is a nice touch on that model. Please consider making a new thread dedicated to the Haya Chieftain, I'm sure others would be interested in a closer look.

I agree with you about the WPL, too. Their Ural is a good base for a P 18 radar conversion. One day!
          I'll try to throw together a thread on the Haya Chieftain after work, then. I've got enough pictures/materials to fill it out, and have enough experience with various RC tanks that I can also "review" it a bit. It's got a bunch of unique little traits and tweaks that make it quite the vehicle!

Comment

• From today's outing!
            Attached Files

Comment

• My 5 years old KV 1 upgrades to V 6.0S.
              It's a 5 years old version 5.2. And second rebuilt to version 5.3. Now go to newest version tk 6.0S.
              Attached Files

Comment

• A friend of mine played with photo effects on my M41.

Name:	9B0FB0F6-5A2D-45E5-8463-541168E996F4.jpeg
Views:	737
Size:	216.8 KB
ID:	266147

Attached Files
                Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• Bulldog in the jungle. Click image for larger version

Name:	5252C481-7B59-4C6C-A7A8-C94F943135F3.jpeg
Views:	710
Size:	338.8 KB
ID:	266377

Name:	7081CCB1-41F8-4A38-9541-E87B676E2D43.jpeg
Views:	704
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	266376
                  Twenty six tanks, and not done yet!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	5E2A374F-4396-4C68-A5C2-3B988C154614.jpeg
Views:	673
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	267947Click image for larger version

Name:	57927473-8CBD-433E-B51A-6B581D646C82.jpeg
Views:	677
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	267945Click image for larger version

Name:	DB21DB8D-C684-4396-BB75-5AC6883F602D.jpeg
Views:	662
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	267944Click image for larger version

Name:	CFFB0658-BDB6-4707-A672-08E7905E84D1.jpeg
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	267943 A few shots of the on going restoration of my Tamiya Leopard A4 Click image for larger version

Name:	3CA3C25F-20ED-44CC-B81F-62B7F0AEAEE4.jpeg
Views:	689
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	267942
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Wow, I haven't seen a Tamiya A4 in what feels like ages!

Please consider creating a separate thread so we can follow along with your restoration. It's be interested to see what updates/refits you end up doing to restore this tank to new glory.
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Meter Rat View Post

Name:	5E2A374F-4396-4C68-A5C2-3B988C154614.jpeg
Views:	673
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	267947Click image for larger version

Name:	57927473-8CBD-433E-B51A-6B581D646C82.jpeg
Views:	677
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	267945Click image for larger version

Name:	DB21DB8D-C684-4396-BB75-5AC6883F602D.jpeg
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	267944Click image for larger version

Name:	CFFB0658-BDB6-4707-A672-08E7905E84D1.jpeg
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	267943 A few shots of the on going restoration of my Tamiya Leopard A4 Click image for larger version

Name:	3CA3C25F-20ED-44CC-B81F-62B7F0AEAEE4.jpeg
Views:	689
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	267942
                        Now that is one tank Tamiya needs to bring back with “modern” electronics and gearboxes. I have two of these old Leopards and they are cool tanks but stock they don’t run as well as we have come to expect form r/c tanks today.

Thank you for sharing yours.

Comment

• Thank you. The model has been in the loft for maybe 25-30 years. It was bought by my wife for a birthday present. Motor is a Tamiya Gold can. Modern two channel radio gear. Alpha, if you think people would be interested in a separate thread?

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200808163937992.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	268061

working on a TUSK upgrade and repainting job on my Heng Long Abrams. Wishing I had done the anti-slip coating, but couldn't find a good technique to make it happen and wasn't sure if it was wholly worth the rather large risk and time investment (if done wrong, I felt it'd significantly worsen the finish of my model)

Also think I need to probably unfortunately use more stuff like Mr Surfacer on the various 3D printed parts: I'm worried that as soon as I add a wash, it'll just get trapped in the little ridges and make them pop more. I already did 2 generous coats of Mr Surfacer 500 on the armor panels, and it helped quite a bit, but it's still less ideal than I'd like.

always comes down to the question of what I'm really gonna see though - none of my tanks are shelf queens and all see heavy use, and in that case it's unlikely you'll have the time to notice a bit of ribbing on some parts that are rarely up close and at eye level haha

Comment

• Heng Long T34/85 with newly installed muzzle flash & barrel smoke unit.

Comment

• Did another layer of dirt on the Chieftain - a little generous for sure, but I wanted to make sure it lasted. Especially if I try another layer of sealant. Also, I just have fun weathering my tanks up like this. Making them look motor-pool fresh is all fine and dandy, and there's a lot of wear we can get on our vehicles just by driving them, but it's a little harder to get a good coating of dust and dirt on the upper hull without being generous. And applying this dust is a great way to spend a rainy day or a sunny afternoon on your patio!

Click image for larger version  Name:	MVIMG_20200806_113149.jpg Views:	0 Size:	255.8 KB ID:	268495

Click image for larger version  Name:	MVIMG_20200806_113156.jpg Views:	0 Size:	220.0 KB ID:	268494

edit: also still working on a thread about the Haya Chieftain. Trying to incorporate a good amount of pictures reviewing the unique features on this particular hull is taking more time than I anticipated, as I've been so preoccupied with my project tanks haha. This particular tank is my "cosmetic mods and work only" hull, so I'm not touching it or fiddling with it as often and as such it's not always on my mind.
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Wow! That's awesome.

Comment

• Finally got to take the King Tiger outside. We went to the "Ginkelse Heide", a beautiful natural area close to where we live. It was one of the drop zones used by British parachutists in 1944 during the Battle of Arnhem, as a prelude to Operation Market Garden.
                                    More information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Arnhem
                                    During the outing two Apache helicopters of the Dutch Royal Airforce showed up, maybe they thought there was a German invasion going on. Just kidding, there's a military traininground nearby, so they were just doing practices.

It was fun to finally drive the tank outside. It had some difficulty with the terrain in the "low" engine setting. But with the "high" setting it worked pretty well. I think I will need to install red motors sometime though, as I feel I was taxing the motors in this terrain.

My dad took these pictures:

Name:	Ginkelse Heide_140820_033.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	268592

Name:	Ginkelse Heide_140820_003.jpg
Views:	564
Size:	195.0 KB
ID:	268589

Name:	Ginkelse Heide_140820_016.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	268590

Name:	Ginkelse Heide_140820_025.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	267.3 KB
ID:	268591

Name:	Ginkelse Heide_140820_010.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	283.4 KB
ID:	268593

Made it look like a wartime photo:

Name:	bw style.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	347.8 KB
ID:	268594

Comment

• Originally posted by UltraVargen View Post
                                      Finally got to take the King Tiger outside. We went to the "Ginkelse Heide", a beautiful natural area close to where we live. It was one of the drop zones used by British parachutists in 1944 during the Battle of Arnhem, as a prelude to Operation Market Garden.
                                      More information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Arnhem
                                      During the outing two Apache helicopters of the Dutch Royal Airforce showed up, maybe they thought there was a German invasion going on. Just kidding, there's a military traininground nearby, so they were just doing practices.

It was fun to finally drive the tank outside. It had some difficulty with the terrain in the "low" engine setting. But with the "high" setting it worked pretty well. I think I will need to install red motors sometime though, as I feel I was taxing the motors in this terrain.

My dad took these pictures:

Made it look like a wartime photo:
                                      Looks good and right at home. Great job!

Comment

• That looks amazing, UltraVargen . As Beeg said, she looks right at home.

Comment

• Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                                          X