X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Daneflyer View Post
    Hello Elbee, and thank you so much for all the files you have shared for the F-18. I have a file for the missle rail and I don’t honestly remember where I got it from. My problem is that it is too big fit on the platen I guess. Cura won’t let me slice it because Its too big. But actually I am not sure the platen size shown on Cura is the actual size on the printer. Anyways, do you have a design that is two piece so I can print the parts separately and then glue them together? Thanks for your help.
    DF, I do. I found the rails over at RCGroups and I cannot remember the author, but it is to his/her credit I have it. It is in 2 pieces, you will want to rotate these 45 degrees to fit on a 200 mm x 200 mm heat bed and probably print with the inner side down. Use the "Lay Flat" button in your Prusa PE Slic3r. Post pictures after you print these. I, too, have made a a couple of Christmas Cookie Cutters for Tamms and she loves those. Merry Christmas! Best, LB

[ATTACH]n222427[/ATTACH]

Click image for larger version

Name:	F-18 Missle Rails From RCG.JPG
Views:	765
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	222428
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hi LB, you were right in saying raising the seat the canopy would not fit. I raised it by 1/4" but to counter that I had to lower the headrest by a little bit more. Once I lowered the headrest the canopy fits fine. I also find that tacking RG's coaming to the top of the OEM shroud and pressing it down it looks good along with the HUD. The extra two pic's from a model is what I'm using as a guide to paint the cockpit once I get it all together. I'll post more pic's once I'm done with the pilot in the seat.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Looking at making the corsair a night flyer. I used see through filaments so should be able to make it work

Comment

• Dustman, I like it, Sir. I, too will post some pics later today when I do the 'dry fit'. Great to see your work. Best, LB
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Some shots of the diamond plate flooring.

Name:	18.jpg
Views:	688
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	222889

Name:	19.jpg
Views:	678
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	222890
            TiredIron Aviation
            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Looking excellent George!

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                Some shots of the diamond plate flooring.
                TIG, Outstanding! Best, LB
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• anyone doing anything for the 737?​​​​​​

Gilatrout , I haven't seen anyone mentioning anything, though I presume someone has designed a Fuel Delivery Boom for the new KC-46A Refueler that I saw in the AL37 forum. Best, LB

Comment

• Thinking about the habu lately. 1/15 scale makes for some large parts and I was wondering if a 300x300mm bed would be needed. Knowing the troubles with ABS, a quick test would help with decisions and figure out feasibility for the project. I cut a nose section from a blackbird desktop model STL to match the scale and did a simple 2-perimeter shell print.

I expected warping, so this confirms a larger printer wouldn't do much since the parts need to be sliced into segments to prevent warping/buckling.

I'm on the fence for my next 3d design project, and have it narrowed down to a 1.2m YAK-15/17, 70mm Nighthawk, or 1.2m OV-10. I'm going to do a similar print test of a nighthawk to see warping to help me decide. The Habu is slated later next year as long as my thrust tests don't show large losses.

Comment

• Elbee
                      Elbee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      DD, You are an amazing designer, I can't even decide which shade of green to paint my F-18 pilot. I vote Nighthawk after the Habu. Best, LB

• OV10

Comment

• Woblin Goblin!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                        anyone doing anything for the 737?​​​​​​

Gilatrout , I haven't seen anyone mentioning anything, though I presume someone has designed a Fuel Delivery Boom for the new KC-46A Refueler that I saw in the AL37 forum. Best, LB
                        Jeremy Solt did a tanker version with the retractable fueling boom.

Comment

• On second thought DD, I think you should do the Stink Bug first...

Comment

• A bit too much wobblin

Comment

• Making progress on Lynxman's L39

Comment

• Elbee
                                Elbee commented
                                Editing a comment
                                DD, Looks great. Best, LB

• that the 105mm or 120 version? I can't remember.

Comment

• Thanks LB. Rifleman, it's a 120mm, and the fan can even be printed too. Files on 12S 5000mAH, so im already set with packs since I have 5000 6S for the freewing A10

Comment

• I keep considering that plane, just haven't quite pulled the trigger yet, but with the success of my F86, and seeing your results when you fly, that might push me to ba build. I want to try abs on my next plane. I'm gonna rebuild the pt17 now that I have a makeshift enclosure for my printer. Figure itll be worth a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                    Okay Lads and Ladies, Here are the STL Files for the LB Non-Ejection Seat for your Freewing F/a-18C. My prints fit very well, so I don't foresee any probs, but as always let me know here if you have an issue, particularly overall height with the canopy in place. I did print the Seat and Headrest with support from "Everywhere" when I sliced it, using default PLA settings on all. Please note, I did NOT print these in one print, though you all know how to print so 'do that thing you always do'. Best, LB

[ATTACH]n218647[/ATTACH]

Name:	Capture LB Ejection Seat.JPG
Views:	946
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	218648

I printed the ejection seat for the F-18, enlarged it a bit for my plane, since its a little larger.

Trying to assemble and have a few questions.
                                    1. Where do those green parts go, the 2 smaller parts?
                                    2. Whats the correct angle for the headrest?

Anyone have some pics of it put together?

thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken LaPointe View Post

I printed the ejection seat for the F-18, enlarged it a bit for my plane, since its a little larger.

Trying to assemble and have a few questions.
                                      1. Where do those green parts go, the 2 smaller parts?
                                      2. Whats the correct angle for the headrest?

Anyone have some pics of it put together? thanks
                                      Ken, The 2 'green' parts: 1) larger 90 degree part goes above the seat and below the "headrest" with the 90 up and facing forward, 2) the 'channel' part is the back of the parachute box and mounts between the seat rails in those channels against the inside top of the headrest and is the last part I glue in place. The angle for the Headrest can be adjusted some, but fit tight it is mostly correct. I angled mine a bit tipped forward as I liked the look. Hope this helps. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                      X