Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are having fun dogfighting from the cockpit using head-tracking FPV and reflector sight. Wondering if the shots would actually hit? Time to install a laser tag system…

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• [QUOTE=sfcfury;n361358]
      Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
      Got the Robans out today, did mostly hovering because I haven't flown for a bit, also wanted to see how my new pilot looked in the Magnum PI and with the lights on, I think he looks about the right scale, need to get some pilots in the Cobra now, not sure what size I need though to look right, here they are after hovering, they are ready to be put away again until I get more time to take them out for some full flights.

For the cobra, I used the 10" warbird pilots. He sent with the white helmets and I painted them the color I wanted them. I did chop about an inch off of them... which is easy to do with the warbird pilots.
      Corsair, I had Adam come up with a TC replica for me. So far I haven’t been able to finish the build due to work. I didn’t think it was right to make the Island Hopper scheme and not put TC in it.

On another note, I really want to cut down my landing gear struts on my MH-6.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Roguemonkey;n370011]
        Originally posted by sfcfury View Post

Corsair, I had Adam come up with a TC replica for me. So far I haven’t been able to finish the build due to work. I didn’t think it was right to make the Island Hopper scheme and not put TC in it.

On another note, I really want to cut down my landing gear struts on my MH-6.
        Yeah, I thought about seeing if I could get a TC pilot made or find something close, but I guess mine is the modern tourist version so no TC in mine...

I thought about chopping the legs on my Magnum as well, I did my AH-6 and the OH-6, those were really shortened, on the Magnum it just needs to be shortened very little to look more scale, I just haven't done it yet, its very easy but time consuming, to lazy I guess.

Comment

• I have an MH-6 and the blue Jive MD-500E. I just think that tall legs look so odd. I’m trying to find the picture of my TC, but it is elusive. We also lengthened our blades to 800mm. The stock blades and tall legs are really an eye sore for me. I also use dimension engineering lights. It allows me to program them to the pattern I want as well as flip them on and off when I want.

Comment

• Finally had some relatively light winds for a change and got a bunch of flights in on the Spitfire, Extreme Flight FW 190, upgraded SU-30, F-16 and F-18. The more the merrier, but unfortunately that's all that fit in the truck!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20230301_105902.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	294.2 KB
ID:	372602Click image for larger version

Name:	20230301_105920.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	306.1 KB
ID:	372603
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
              Finally had some relatively light winds....
              Holely Molely Wildman, what a Day, Huh?! Envious for sure, Brother. Glad to see you were out and about, Sir. Best, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Anybody got any skis? We don`t normally get snow mid March here in the UK

Name:	Pitts snow photo.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	373126

Comment

• We fly with floats when it snows here.

Comment

• Yup, floats are much better. To use skiis, they have to be over-sized for the plane they go on or it submarines and buries itself in the snow. Skiis only work if the snow is very hard and crusty.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                      Yup, floats are much better. To use skiis, they have to be over-sized for the plane they go on or it submarines and buries itself in the snow. Skiis only work if the snow is very hard and crusty.
                      Floats sounds better. Our field is next to the river and tends to flood once a year so the floats will be dual purpose.

Comment

• For this years Easter fun fly event we are having a target egg drop competition so I have attached 2 rare red speckled eggs to my Mustang bomb release mechanism to double my chances of success from zero to double zero.

Name:	egg drop Mustang.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	333.6 KB
ID:	374644

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post
                          For this years Easter fun fly event we are having a target egg drop competition so I have attached 2 rare red speckled eggs to my Mustang bomb release mechanism to double my chances of success from zero to double zero.
                          Paul, that's just awesome. Good Luck, SIr and Happy Easter. Best, LB
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post
                            For this years Easter fun fly event we are having a target egg drop competition so I have attached 2 rare red speckled eggs to my Mustang bomb release mechanism to double my chances of success from zero to double zero.

Name:	egg drop Mustang.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	333.6 KB
ID:	374644
                            Cute, can't weight to see the video. I can think of a few people I'd like to drop some eggs on, rotten ones at that!
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Sharing some dogfight action with a Flightline Corsair in my little 1.2M T-28 Trojan. I strive to fly as realistically as possible. It was very rewarding watching the bent wind bird maneuvering in its element. Hope you enjoy it, too. Dogfight starts at 2:50

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/motionsic
                              Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FPVAirCombat
                              Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fpvaircombat/channel/

Comment

• Haven't flown anything today, but yesterday and the day before, I flew our snow blower!! We got over a foot of the white stuff on Friday night, Saturday morning!! Welcome to
                                Spring in Wyoming

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• Got a few flights in on the Roban 500 Apache yesterday

Comment

• We got in places upwards of a foot of snow in northwest Wyoming where I live over the weekend. Regular flying probably won't be doable for about a week, maybe a little less if the sun helps us out.

With nothing else to fly today, I took my reliable Timber out to our field and flew the crap out of it for about 45 minutes. The snow covering the asphalt runway made it perfectly smooth, and I had a blast doing a TON of takeoffs and landings. A friend gave me this plane a couple of years ago. I was going to put the wheels back on, but thought we might get that one extra storm this winter (Spring!) so I still got to get out in the beautiful sunshine and no wind conditions. The pontoons work great on snow.

I think it might have been about 26 degrees F when I flew, but with no wind, at 5000' MSL, it felt like heaven under the brilliant sunshine!

I took just one pic for posterity in the snow. Hopefully next time I fly it, it will be on wheels with a dry runway. But today was marvelous!

Cheers

Davegee

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	374767

Comment

• Yep, float flying is fun so I painted one up and is dedicated float.

Name:	GTIS4533.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	374779
                                      AMA 424553

Comment

• Thanks Dave, saves me a trip to see what flight conditions are at the field

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                          Thanks Dave, saves me a trip to see what flight conditions are at the field

Grossman56
                                          Not good, except for snow skiing, Dan. I wouldn't try taking the short road to the field HQ from the "main" road as it is still full of snow and it is easy to get stuck. Don't ask me how!

I think it will be several more days until we can fly our normal planes out of there again. I think they probably got close to a foot of snow in that area.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                          X