Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory jogged…

Comment

• At least yours can be jogged. Mine is often times in a state of permanent hibernation.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
        Your airbrake set up is very intricate. I don't have the talent to do it. I was hoping that Motion was going to bring out the airbrake kit when they brought out the vector thrust nozzles.
        Do you know if the airbrakes actually help reduce the ground roll after landing? Being such a heavy plane, my MiG rolls "forever". Airbrakes or reverse would really be of help.
        Hi I don't really know yet if they do slow down the plane, but I would think down to a certain speed they would. She hasn't flown yet, that day was for pics and runway tests. My intensions are more for inflight use of the brakes (we'll see). It has nothing to do with talent it is just about patients making mods like that (about two weeks from the idea to finish, same with the cockpit ore the elevators)

stefan

Comment

• [QUOTE=heisteff;n360168]Hi folks

roughly one year of work, here is my version of the mig

Wow!!
          Masterful work!
          enjoy flying her.

Thanks for sharing

Comment

• Originally posted by heisteff View Post
            the white stick shows just about the correct lenght of the axle. hope it helps
            Outstanding work!
            Now the stabs deflect in a proper scale fashion!
            Could you please send some pics of the model with the stabs deflected pitch up and pitch down? :D

That configuration should indeed reduce the stress translated to the airframe, the stress seen by the own stab and the torque around the shaft that a servo would have to overcome. But since you didn't change the servo angle and it still actuates parallel to the airplane's longitudinal axis, that kinda spoils the mechanical advantage of having the correct scale axis.
            Ideally the servo linkage should act perpendicularly to the shaft. That said, the whole thing at least should translate to a more robust construction, more scale looking and more accurate flight dynamics to the full scale jet :)

Comment

• Hi
              here are some pics of the stabs (maximum deflection/way to high for in flight of course). yes the servo is not positioned optimal, but the problem is the space in the tailsection, the two balllinks help a lot to keep the "pushforce" straight (see pics). For the maingeardoors i have not had a idea to make it work without "wheelscratching" them, but who knows.

Stefan

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0339.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	360843Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0342.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	360844Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0345.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	360845Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0341.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	360846Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0344.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	360847Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0340.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	360848Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0343.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	360849

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post

Outstanding work!
                Now the stabs deflect in a proper scale fashion!
                Almost - there's some anhedral to the stabilators, too.

There's a "stump" portion towards the front to provide clearance due to this angle.
                Attached Files

Comment

• But would he be willing to do the powered-descent-with-flaps scenario?​

Comment

• Well I finally decided to go ahead and get one. After getting it out of the Box and Inspection done. All I have to say is What did I wait so long ?? Plan on painting this one RED' WHITE & BLUE. I have already started sanding the horizontal stabs

Comment

• I knew if I started, I would be up all night. I started with the tail, ( Horizontal stabilizer's ) So far, so good. I was up all night.

Click image for larger version  Name:	D2C1B007-752F-48E9-BF8D-0ADA54607F9C.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.6 KB ID:	361603Click image for larger version  Name:	1A45CA37-9735-4533-B484-36FFBA7B983C.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.5 KB ID:	361604Click image for larger version  Name:	4B03AD20-4FB0-4969-BE60-20EFC641EB5E.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.1 KB ID:	361605

Comment

• Rumor has it Santa is bringing me one to add to the hanger. It appears that between MotionRC and most of the mods seen on this forum, it's become a very nice airplane. My question is can you just cruse around with it like i do with my F22?

Comment

• Yes but if you get the TVs you won't.

Comment

• And if you don’t get the TV, it may not last you long.

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                              Yes but if you get the TVs you won't.
                              Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
                              And if you don’t get the TV, it may not last you long.
                              -GG
                              These are the greatest "one-two punch" replies I've ever seen here.

Comment

• We’re being forthcoming!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post
                                  I knew if I started, I would be up all night. I started with the tail, ( Horizontal stabilizer's ) So far, so good. I was up all night.

Click image for larger version Name:	4B03AD20-4FB0-4969-BE60-20EFC641EB5E.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.1 KB ID:	361605

Couldn't want a better image than that to see why the elevator servo loads are high on this model.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post

These are the greatest "one-two punch" replies I've ever seen here.
                                    Well it's coming from Santa but the TVs I ordered myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Couldn't want a better image than that to see why the elevator servo loads are high on this model.
                                      Kallend So you tell me?How does .008 kg. going to raise the load substantially on the new heavier servo's for the horizontal stabilizers? Stock stabilizer .058 kg. Sealed sanded and painted stab. .066 kg. That is only an added weight of the finished stab just a tad over 1/4 oz. by .003 kg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post

Kallend So you tell me?How does .008 kg. going to raise the load substantially on the new heavier servo's for the horizontal stabilizers? Stock stabilizer .058 kg. Sealed sanded and painted stab. .066 kg. That is only an added weight of the finished stab just a tad over 1/4 oz. by .003 kg.
                                        I think (I'm sure) he's referring to the position of the axis of rotation, so far forward, i.e. there's a LOT of surface behind the rotation point, requiring very high torque from the servo to move this surface.

Comment

• Exactly. He's not talking your paint, he's talking the pivot point. And use grams instead of minute kg.... 0.003kg is 3g.

Comment

Working...
                                          X