Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure who here frequents RCGroups, but I am offering kits of the 3D printed cockpit upgrade I recently designed. I posted a blog post there compiling all the information.

Comment

• Did the main gear upgrade yesterday. Took all of 10 minutes.

Mike
      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Hey Ya'all. I just received the 3DP cockpit and fuselage parts being offered by DirtyDee and these are Sierra Hotel. Simply outstanding workmanship and fit. I will have to post pics when I finish the install. Thanks again for your efforts, DD. Best, Elbee.
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
          Did the main gear upgrade yesterday. Took all of 10 minutes.

Mike
          I spent a little more than 10 minutes.:Cool: I also reversed than mains. I just liked the look better. Fixed the nose gear door clearance issue too. I wanted to maiden this weekend but it's raining.

Comment

• What did you wind up doing to get the nose gear door clearance? Hard to see with the pave penny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phatbob View Post

I spent a little more than 10 minutes.:Cool: I also reversed than mains. I just liked the look better. Fixed the nose gear door clearance issue too. I wanted to maiden this weekend but it's raining.
              I left the nose gear stock. I had no issues with the gear at all, just liked the lock of the upgrade mains.

Mike
              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                What did you wind up doing to get the nose gear door clearance? Hard to see with the pave penny.
                A simple fix: I stretched the center of the door spring and put a piece of shrink tube over it, pushing the door out further and away from the wheel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phatbob View Post
                  A simple fix: I stretched the center of the door spring and put a piece of shrink tube over it, pushing the door out further and away from the wheel.
                  I just stretched mine. Didn't put anything over it. It just stays stretched and holds the door far enough it doesn't interfere with the tire. Still pulls the door fully closed when wheel is up.

Comment

• Today I had a scary thing happen...I have the upgraded mains with the stock nose gear. On the nose gear strut there is a collar at the top of the scissor link, and it is held to the strut by a single, tiny machine screw. That is the only thing holding the wheel and scissor assembly to the strut for steering. As I was rolling out after a landing I lost the steering and it went off the runway into the dirt. Upon inspection I had lost that screw! A few seconds earlier and it would not have been pretty (praise the Lord). Once I find a replacement, I'm going to Locktite it with red...I recommend you guys check yours!! Rob

Comment

• I've had that same screw come out on other planes (namely the F-5). Loctite is the way to go.
                      Pat

Comment

• Did you ever find a source for replacing them Pat? Or do you know the specs for it? Rob

Comment

• So for the second time I've somehow lost the little piece that is glued onto the nose gear door that pushes the door out of the way. When I put the second one on I had ever intention of putting a small bolt and nut through it to hold it into place and I didn't.

What I need is the little part with the blue arrow pointing to it. I can once again buy the plastic parts pack that has it but I'd rather just 3D print one.

Has anyone seen the files for one? I checked Thingiverse and came up empty.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
                            Did you ever find a source for replacing them Pat? Or do you know the specs for it? Rob
                            Never tried locating a source. Lucky for me I had one the same size in my parts stash. I NEVER throw anything away! :)
                            Pat

Comment

• Would that little screw be included in the A-10 screw set for 8 bucks?

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                So for the second time I've somehow lost the little piece that is glued onto the nose gear door that pushes the door out of the way. When I put the second one on I had ever intention of putting a small bolt and nut through it to hold it into place and I didn't.

What I need is the little part with the blue arrow pointing to it. I can once again buy the plastic parts pack that has it but I'd rather just 3D print one.

Has anyone seen the files for one? I checked Thingiverse and came up empty.
                                Just bend one from soda can aluminum. You may had to experiment a bit but going from the picture you should be pretty close first try.
                                FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                  Would that little screw be included in the A-10 screw set for 8 bucks?
                                  No, there is no screw for this part. I would add it as a little upgrade.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                    Would that little screw be included in the A-10 screw set for 8 bucks?
                                    I don't see it in the picture, but it's hard to tell. I've PM'd Alpha and MRC, so I'll update you all on what I hear! What's weird is that both sides of the strut are machined for a screw, but I'm pretty sure it only comes with one? :Confused:Rob

Comment

• Hey Dave-
                                      Guess what I have.....LOL Still need one?
                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3721.JPG
Views:	619
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	132536

Comment

• I like the look of this but what about space? I have around 100ish feet of softball field to take off of. I need this :a10

Comment

• Originally posted by Grady.c View Post
                                          I like the look of this but what about space? I have around 100ish feet of softball field to take off of. I need this :a10
                                          You can get off the ground in 100 feet, if you know how to do it.... LOL Landing is another issue!!! Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory!!! Good luck. Just saw you are at 5000 ASL, so wow... Takeoff Flaps and full throttle!!!! ;)

Comment

Working...
                                          X