X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

I would expect the A-10 to use pretty much identical TER for rockeyes vs regular GBUs really.
    My comments was regarding a "paper" loadout vs actual documented used of TERs with Rockeyes on the A-10

Comment

• DD, many thanks for sharing the stl.files for the scale nozzles. Two flights today, feels and sounds better than with the stock ones.

Frank

Comment

• Hey Y'all, Tech question...I have 2 RT 6s, 6250mah, 35C batteries I would like to use with this 80mm bird. Am I pushing the envelope on "C" rating with these? Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Nope. I use 35C batts in mine all the time.

Comment

• RCJetDude, Thank you, sir. Best, LB
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
              Hey Y'all, Tech question...I have 2 RT 6s, 6250mah, 35C batteries I would like to use with this 80mm bird. Am I pushing the envelope on "C" rating with these? Best, LB
              I use 6S 5000 30C batteries in mine and have never had an issue.
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Hey Y'all, Tech question...I have 2 RT 6s, 6250mah, 35C batteries I would like to use with this 80mm bird. Am I pushing the envelope on "C" rating with these? Best, LB
                With those you may have an issue with being nose heavy. I'm using RT 5800 35Cs in mine (4 minutes flight time with 30% left in the tank at landing) and I had to move the junction board back to the rear mount holes, and have the packs as far back as they will go.

As far at RTs go, my 5800s test out at a true 22C, which means they'll put out about 128A constant without damage to the packs. My packs come down barely warm, and that's mostly because there's not much in the way of cooling air coming through the battery area (although I modded mine to have more air flow through).
                Pat

Comment

• Gentlemen, With your experiences in mind I bought some more. Repainted A-10 OEM ordinance for check flights, but will add 3DP as I get those built. We, she who has all authority and I, hope to get to a jet fly-in this summer. I think I remember one in Grapevine, TX coming up. An easy peasy drive from ICT. Have a great weekend! Best, LB
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

The RT 6250 is ideal for the A-10. I use them routinely. I also use the the RT 5800’s and even the HRB 6000’s. All good. With the 6250’s I can get around 5 min.

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Elbee,

I’m the CD for Warbirds over Grapevine . Hope to get Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike back this year. Field is very condusive for edf. We had a bunch last year. EG A-10’s , A4’s, Venoms, etc.

C’mon down and join us. It’s a great weekend . The main event is Saturday but we’ll have open flying available Friday and Sunday.

And.... the Ft Worth Alliance airshow will be going on about 20 minutes away featuring the USAF Thunderbirds.

Hawk
                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• It got warm enough to paint outside in the Great White North, so finally finished.....

Comment

• I would bet that livery is a one of kind for the FW Warty. :Cool:
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                            Elbee,

I’m the CD for Warbirds over Grapevine . Hope to get Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike back this year. Field is very condusive for edf. We had a bunch last year. EG A-10’s , A4’s, Venoms, etc.

C’mon down and join us. It’s a great weekend . The main event is Saturday but we’ll have open flying available Friday and Sunday.

And.... the Ft Worth Alliance airshow will be going on about 20 minutes away featuring the USAF Thunderbirds.

Hawk
                            Hawk, We will certainly do our best. I see the 5th annual is scheduled for Saturday, October 13th, 2018. It is now on our calendar. Sounds like big fun. Best, LB
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Spammer View Post
                              It got warm enough to paint outside in the Great White North, so finally finished.....
                              Well done Spammer!:Cool:

Comment

• Thanks,

Canada has been trying to get a replacement aircraft for the team for a while now. thought I would propose something useful.... :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Spammer View Post
                                  Thanks,

Canada has been trying to get a replacement aircraft for the team for a while now. thought I would propose something useful.... :)
                                  We can barely afford run the Tutors. A bunch of A-10's would burn up the fuel and maintenance budget in one training session. LOL

Comment

• Those Tutors have being flying since the Centennial back in 1967, when they were called the Golden Centenaires….

Anyone else old enough to remember that?
                                    They have a bunch of F-18's mothballed because, well, its Canada and that's what we do...

Always laughed at the arrestor hooks on them, as if we have an aircraft carrier!

Oh yeah, I forgot, I immigrated!! (legally)

Sorry guys, just remembering the Canadian way of life ;)eh.

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• As long as they keep sending us non-watered down Molson and good hockey players, I'm a happy camper. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                        Always laughed at the arrestor hooks on them, as if we have an aircraft carrier!
                                        Those hooks are for snagging gophers.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                          As far at RTs go, my 5800s test out at a true 22C, which means they'll put out about 128A constant without damage to the packs.
                                          Sorry if this is a dumb question. How do you do these calculations?

Comment

Working...
                                          X