Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To answer you question.....Yes I'm working on a "BRRRRRRRRRT" sound file, for both the Mr. RCSound Aspire, Shockwave2, and ESS Air sound systems. It's really not that hard to do. and I think based on Size and weight, and cost, Im looking at the ESS Air system as a better choice

Actually already have it done....weeks ago ;) will show it off and demonstrate when the plane arrives.
    Brandon Moon

Comment

• who besides me drives down the highway and intentionally runs off the edge a little just to make your car sound like the A10 firing lol
      www.TSHobbies.com
      Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Chevy Chase, Christmas Vacation, "Drum Roll please"
        BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon Moon View Post
          To answer you question.....Yes I'm working on a "BRRRRRRRRRT" sound file, for both the Mr. RCSound Aspire, Shockwave2, and ESS Air sound systems. It's really not that hard to do. and I think based on Size and weight, and cost, Im looking at the ESS Air system as a better choice

Actually already have it done....weeks ago ;) will show it off and demonstrate when the plane arrives.
          Hey Brandon, doesn't the Shockwave2 already offer the A-10 sounds? I too sent some sounds samples to the folks at Mr. RC Sound since I currently have the Aspire and v 4.1

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Hey Brandon, doesn't the Shockwave2 already offer the A-10 sounds? I too sent some sounds samples to the folks at Mr. RC Sound since I currently have the Aspire and v 4.1

Steve
            I don't know? If they did or do? I wasn't aware of it?
            Brandon Moon

Comment

• I got sound samples from www.modelsoundsinc.com of an A-10 TF34 and GAU-8 cannon for the Shockwave2 sound system they sell. The A-10 is just one of many plane sounds they offer. Is that who you are referring to or am I way out in left field?

Comment

• yep same place. But the sound I have is different than his.
                Brandon Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                  You know, there's something about this plane that I've always liked, not that its pretty, but it is eye catching. Tony, what's it like to fly? It appears to me that she flies pretty easily, so is it a good first jet?

Grossman56
                  The A-10 is graceful and smooth. For seasoned pilots, I would recommend it as a great first jet. Due to it's size, you have more reaction time, verse flying smaller jets. To me, it flies like a powered glider, in the a clean wing configuration. I'm looking forward to evaluating the Hog fully loaded. Another huge plus is the hardy landing gear. The trailing link main gear can take the punishment of rough surfaces and hard landings.

Wishing Hobby Squawkers Happy Holidays! I hope a few Motion RC boxes show up at your doorstep tomorrow and next week. ;)

Comment

• If any of you are interested, this month's Air and Space has some interesting stories from A-10 pilots, and some history on the plane.

Comment

• Time to freshen up the thread with new images.

Here's a photos taken this afternoon during three test and evaluation flights, off our unimproved runway. Taxied the Hog across rough terrain and even into rain soaked soil. Yep, plowed the nose wheel right into the soft dirt several times....fun stuff! The landing gear can take some serious punishment.

Man...do I love this A-10 and you guys will too!

Videos coming soon.

Comment

• Love it can't wait till is out Amain hobbies is taking pre orders

Comment

• Looking good, Xplaneguy!

Mavdriver, welcome to Hobbysquawk! Amainhobbies has the smaller 70mm A-10 from FMS on Pre-Order. To be clear, this thread is about an entirely different aircraft, the 80mm A-10 from Freewing. The FMS is 1500mm wingspan, the Freewing is 1700mm wingspan. Some of the photos earlier in this thread show this Freewing aircraft next to an A-10 made by LX, which has a 1524mm wingspan. The FMS is slightly smaller than the LX, but in general gives viewers a general sense of the difference in overall size displacement between the 70mm LX and FMS A-10s, and the 80mm Freewing A-10. Something for everyone ;)
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks Alpha! Hope you're well and we look forward to flying with you when you return home.

Wishing you safe travels and Happy Holidays!
                              Tony & Evelyn

Comment

• Really impressed with the plug in wing design....Nice work.
                                Brandon Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy
                                  Flight testing this Freewing Twin 80mm A-10 (Prototype) with two Admiral 6S 5000 batteries. This flight was 6 minutes at various power setting with 14% remaining in both packs. Usable semi-cleared runway length for this flight is 300 ft. In this video you will see evaluating hard steering on takeoff, aborted landing on rough surface with minimal departure distance. Also evaluating, half and full flap performance at various power settings with gear up and down. Also, looking closely at wing flex under G-loads.

So far, I'm very impressed and will continue putting this amazing A-10 through it's paces in the coming weeks.

Video by Evelyn:
                                  It's quite remarkable that you can get 10,000mah worth of batteries in this plane. My LX has to fly on a 4000mah. A 5000mah won't fit without some extensive reaming out of foam. So, would one be fairly accurate to say that on 1 - 5000mah, this plane will fly for 3 minutes? Do you think the 90mm would be an even bigger battery drain?

Comment

• OUTSTANDING....I Love it....great job Tony and Evelyn. Never fail to inspire
                                    Brandon Moon

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy
                                      Flight testing this Freewing Twin 80mm A-10 (Prototype) with two Admiral 6S 5000 batteries. This flight was 6 minutes at various power setting with 14% remaining in both packs. Usable semi-cleared runway length for this flight is 300 ft. In this video you will see evaluating hard steering on takeoff, aborted landing on rough surface with minimal departure distance. Also evaluating, half and full flap performance at various power settings with gear up and down. Also, looking closely at wing flex under G-loads.

So far, I'm very impressed and will continue putting this amazing A-10 through it's paces in the coming weeks.

Video by Evelyn:
                                      Tony...........would ya provide some insight on to who's oleo's your using for the suspension mod.

Thanx,
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                      X