X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
    Warbird, Scale Jet, Sport Jet, oh my! Can't ever say we don't diversify.

I want to see a picture of this plane being put together on my work table...
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0302.PNG
Views:	525
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	59302Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0301.PNG
Views:	543
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	59301 Alpha,

On the production model is there plans to make the attachment hole(s) and screws less noticeable on the Pave Penny Pod pylon, and the lower mid fuselage fins?

Maybe a rubber/plastic grommet/plug for the Pave Penny pod hole, and some slightly recessed wood holes for shallow countersunk screws for the fins would work, etc.

Comment

• Hi T-Cat, I'll leave it to the modeler to tape and paint over the hole on the Pave Penny. I usually paint over the servos and control rods and clevises on my bigger planes, anyway, and at that point if the hole bothered me I'd point the airbrush at it, too. But we're not including a flush grommet because the idea is customers may unscrew the Pave Penny for transport, and a grommet would have to be dug out every time.

The fins are glued on the 64mm Freewing and 70mm FMS version, but for this 80mm Freewing, the glue just doesn't hold as dependably. Because these fins bear the weight of the fuselage on a table/floor when the wings are off, we're using plywood and screws screwed into plastic receivers, for the most sturdy arrangement. The wood, however, is still too thin to be countersunk for a flush mounted screw. Here again it would be up to the modeler to customize if the screw head really bothers them.
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Makes sense, thanks! I'm okay with modifying depending on the need.

Comment

• I would have to also agree with that. Doesn't bother me. I like to do some of my own detailing and customizing....it's part of the fun of it all :)
            Brandon Moon

Comment

We're closing in on our original target of $499 for the 80mm A-10 PNP's pre-order, with the pre-order starting in about ~4 weeks. Still unofficial for now, but we'll have official, 100% confirmed information around Feb 11.
              Nice. just curious where do I get my "pre-order" number so I can have my place in line ? .

Thanks
              Mike
              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

We're closing in on our original target of $499 for the 80mm A-10 PNP's pre-order, with the pre-order starting in about ~4 weeks. Still unofficial for now, but we'll have official, 100% confirmed information around Feb 11.
                Isn't February 11th the official end of the Chinese New Year?

Comment

To give a rough idea compared to his weapon scales, our AIM-9 is 10.75" long and the Mk.83 bomb is 12.5" long.

So a scale note. The Aim-9 should be 10.8 to 11.5" depending on variant, while the Mk. 83 should be about 11.5 ". The Maverick should be 9.5", based on your posted photo it is very close to that. So not bad...Pete M

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Isn't February 11th the official end of the Chinese New Year?
                    Yes. (darn 10 character minimum)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

Two different nacelles same size scale outline with different sized internals.

lay it on me fellas! Can't wait!
                      Awesome!

Comment

• :)
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

Yes. (darn 10 character minimum)
                          Fixed that. Was bugging me too. :)
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by pmisuinas View Post
                            So a scale note. The Aim-9 should be 10.8 to 11.5" depending on variant, while the Mk. 83 should be about 11.5 ". The Maverick should be 9.5", based on your posted photo it is very close to that. So not bad...Pete M
                            The Maverick is indeed 9.5" in length, Pete ;)

Comment

• Comment

• Trust me, I'll be online when the preorder goes live... no matter the time.

Comment

• Go Ugly Early!
                                  Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• We're grateful for your support and excitement, guys. Our final testing is wrapping up and we're thankful for your patience as we've taken our time to make the aircraft that we first set out to make and one we can be proud of.

We're also finishing up a new scale pilot mold, all new for this aircraft. Say goodbye to bobbleheads and mittens!

Comment

We're grateful for your support and excitement, guys. Our final testing is wrapping up and we're thankful for your patience as we've taken our time to make the aircraft that we first set out to make and one we can be proud of.

We're also finishing up a new scale pilot mold, all new for this aircraft. Say goodbye to bobbleheads and mittens!
                                      Awesome! Say, I was curious as to how much room and adjustability the battery bays have for running lighter weight 80s and heavier 90s? Quite a bit or?

I wanna keep this one light, nimble, and quick! : )

Thanks!

Comment

We're grateful for your support and excitement, guys. Our final testing is wrapping up and we're thankful for your patience as we've taken our time to make the aircraft that we first set out to make and one we can be proud of.

I for one appreciate the extra effort you all put into these releases.

Thanks
                                        Mike
                                        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post

Awesome! Say, I was curious as to how much room and adjustability the battery bays have for running lighter weight 80s and heavier 90s? Quite a bit or?

I wanna keep this one light, nimble, and quick! : )
                                          Hey Alpha10, there's quite a bit of wiggle room for different batteries. We've tested from 6s 4000s to 6s 6000s. The 6s 4000s is nimble and quick on the stock 80mm. Even the 5000s, in Xplaneguy's videos back on Page 16 or so, shows how agile the plane is. The weight allows the plane to penetrate without feeling too heavy, and light enough to maneuver like the real A-10 without needing full throttle all the time.

Thanks, Mike, we appreciate the support!

Comment

Working...
                                          X