Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing 80mm Avanti S Sport Jet Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

Either that or a Minion! :Cool: Wish I had one of my sisters "trolls" from when we were kids. That would look great in the Avanti.
    Beeg,
    My 6 year old daughter had a Foam Minion she got when the minion movie came out. When she saw the Avanti s she just came to me with the Minion and told me " dad I have a pilot for this plane" and handed the Minion to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Btpalc View Post

Beeg,
      My 6 year old daughter had a Foam Minion she got when the minion movie came out. When she saw the Avanti s she just came to me with the Minion and told me " dad I have a pilot for this plane" and handed the Minion to me.
      That actually goes perfect in the jet.....and it's yellow! Ha-ha

Comment

• Originally posted by Donu View Post
        I'm normally not a pilot in my plane type guy but when I flew the Avanti S the other night in the presence of my Grandson he looked at it after it touched down then taxied back to us and he said to me, Grandpa you need a pilot in there. When I asked him what he would put in the jet for a pilot he said he had just the thing and would bring it to me the next night when they came over for dinner. This is what he brought me, it's not mounted in the canopy yet as the jury is still out on it, need some opinions and feedback on what some of you think about this? Let me know Thanks
        By the way in case you don't recognize it, it's Einstein!
        Ollie?
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
          24 flights down and I'm still lovin this plane. :)
          Hey Shirty.. When are we going to see those legendary 3D manoeuvres on your Avanti..;)LOL

Comment

• Hahaha. I was trying hard yesterday. (almost decked it once or twice lol). Not long mate, vid should be done next week or so depending on work. ;)

Comment

• Ron lake,

I was thinking of doing that with mine. My batteries are running 115 - 120 degrees F after 3:30 flights, which is hotter than I like. As far as I can tell, once the front gear doors close there is no air flow at all over the battery, which is not good. Did you also open up the area directly under the front canopy tab, inside the fuse? Looks like that opening is mostly closed off once the canopy is on. How much did your air inlet lower your battery temps?

Comment

• I haven't flown it yet the weather hasn't been good. I tested it with the canopy on and there is a strong enough vacuum on the hole to hold a piece of paper up so it has to be much improved. If I were to do anything more I would make the hole forward of the icm a little bigger.

Comment

• I failed to mention the holes under the canopy

Comment

• OOPS wrong thread.

My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• So I posted this on the Freewing Facebook page. Let's see if we get an answer!
                      "I received my new Avanti S but haven't flown it yet. There have been some crashes documented online where the integrated circuit module is being accused of being the problem. Uncommanded movement of flaps and ailerons. Can you clarify the function of the module? Is it simply a junction for the control surfaces combined with a light controller? Is it also a gear sequencer? Should we be using a dielectric grease on the connectors? A wiring schematic would be helpful. I would not want to see this beautiful jet crash due to a faulty electronic component!"

If the board is simply a junction box for the control surfaces I don't see how it could input any control , maybe intermittent control due to poor connections. We definitely need more info about the module!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron lake View Post
                        I would make the hole forward of the icm a little bigger.
                        Ron, what is the icm?

Comment

• Integrated circuit module

Originally posted by hotdogx View Post
                          Ron, what is the icm?

Comment

• Originally posted by fairplane View Post
                            So I posted this on the Freewing Facebook page. Let's see if we get an answer!
                            "I received my new Avanti S but haven't flown it yet. There have been some crashes documented online where the integrated circuit module is being accused of being the problem. Uncommanded movement of flaps and ailerons. Can you clarify the function of the module? Is it simply a junction for the control surfaces combined with a light controller? Is it also a gear sequencer? Should we be using a dielectric grease on the connectors? A wiring schematic would be helpful. I would not want to see this beautiful jet crash due to a faulty electronic component!"

If the board is simply a junction box for the control surfaces I don't see how it could input any control , maybe intermittent control due to poor connections. We definitely need more info about the module!
                            I think it's poor connections to/in/from the module. I've already mentioned that one of my flaps didn't work out of the box until I discovered that one of plugs wasn't fully seated, then the flap worked. I made sure I wiggled all connections and ensured they are all pushed in firmly. Have never had a problem since.
                            Since there is nothing to "sequence", I doubt there is a sequencer. The nose gear door is a simple spring that the gear strut pushes on. No magic there.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
                              I think it's poor connections to/in/from the module. I've already mentioned that one of my flaps didn't work out of the box until I discovered that one of plugs wasn't fully seated, then the flap worked. I made sure I wiggled all connections and ensured they are all pushed in firmly. Have never had a problem since.
                              Since there is nothing to "sequence", I doubt there is a sequencer. The nose gear door is a simple spring that the gear strut pushes on. No magic there.
                              I hope you have better luck with your module.. I see them as ticking time bombs.. Never had good luck with them.. A few encouraging flts & then they play up.. I've had 45 flts on mine so far .. With the module no issue for about 30 odd flts & then both the Retracts started to have a mind of their own opening & closing intermittently .. I bypassed them by Y-harness & no issue after that.. Flt 46 both ailerons twitched like a wild seagull after I connected the battery to begin the flt .. I disconnected the battery thinking it may have been an anomaly.. When connected up again it started twitching even more.. Luckily the issue with the Retracts & Ailerons all happened on the ground so Totally grateful for that..Murphy's call for me to go back to Old school Y-harness & Bin the module & all associated connections.. No issue since .. That's what I have done with my Freewing planes that have developed module issues & no issues after back to Y-harness for all control surfaces..The module is a great idea but the execution is a little to be desired especially Q/C with soldering,etc.. I guess old habits die hard..

Comment

• Mines been fine touch wood.

Comment

• Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post

I hope you have better luck with your module.. I see them as ticking time bombs.. Never had good luck with them.. A few encouraging flts & then they play up.. I've had 45 flts on mine so far .. With the module no issue for about 30 odd flts & then both the Retracts started to have a mind of their own opening & closing intermittently .. I bypassed them by Y-harness & no issue after that.. Flt 46 both ailerons twitched like a wild seagull after I connected the battery to begin the flt .. I disconnected the battery thinking it may have been an anomaly.. When connected up again it started twitching even more.. Luckily the issue with the Retracts & Ailerons all happened on the ground so Totally grateful for that..Murphy's call for me to go back to Old school Y-harness & Bin the module & all associated connections.. No issue since .. That's what I have done with my Freewing planes that have developed module issues & no issues after back to Y-harness for all control surfaces..The module is a great idea but the execution is a little to be desired especially Q/C with soldering,etc.. I guess old habits die hard..
                                  Perhaps, over time, I'll replace the board with Y's and triples.

Comment

• OK guys; here is my 7 min flight with a 3300 mah 6S 30C /// I DON'T recommend this battery but it will work. I welcome all comments ; questions opinions. :Cool: Kenny

Comment

• Originally posted by HellHathNoFury View Post

you wouldn't be by any chance flying spektrum would you? ;) Kenny

Comment

• Originally posted by HANGER FIFTYONE View Post

What's this got to do with Spektrum anyway? Let's not get into a "I hate Spektrum" rant. :Yawn:

Comment

• Originally posted by HANGER FIFTYONE View Post

FYI I do but what's it got to do with intermittent issues.. As soon as I binned the Module all those issues went away like Magic..;)

Comment

Working...
                                          X