Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice. Practical and easy enough to do for those dealing with hot batts.

So far I haven't had an issue with overheated batteries...But then again I am in the Pac NW where temps are rarely over 75 except in the dead of Summer where we get 90's+. I'm also vigilant about my timer and throttle management. I haven't had a puffed battery in two years or more. Admirals most of the time...Had some NanoTechs/Turnigy's as well. I've always liked the Admirals (and no, I am not paid to say that, lol) but the new gen Admirals are noticeably more efficient with the same generally low internal resistance the originals displayed.

I pushed a couple Admiral 5000's through her today...What more can be said that already hasn't been said about this jet? Feeling inadequate about your stick skills? Fly this jet. Instant Happy Ego. LOL

My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I flew mine again on Friday. Four flights including one right at sunset with the lights on. Really makes a hit with everyone at the field. This airplane is a winner. Great flying airplane liked by everyone that sees it. I have put a little expo in the ailerons and elevators. I also reduced the flap throw from what I had set. Lands very slow and handles grass beautifully.

Comment

• Got to the field a bit late for the afterburner mod demo but it looks okay; probably not the brightest mod out there because the afterburner ring is turned inward.

Comment

• Nice as always urrl...Did some wheelies of my own in your honor last weekend. :)
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Three great flights yesterday in fairly stiff wind. 3 perfect landings on gopher field. Last one was a semi-wheelie. Stinger 90 will be going to its new owner on Thursday.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
              Stinger 90 will be going to its new owner on Thursday.
              Heard in someone's hangar recently:

Stinger 90: "Oh sure, you're the hot little dish now, but someday you too will be discarded for the hot new number in town! Believe THAT missy!!"

Avanti S: "Who are you again? Oh well, never mind...Here's my ride! See ya at the flying field! ...Or not..."

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Heard in someone's hangar recently:

Stinger 90: "Oh sure, you're the hot little dish now, but someday you too will be discarded for the hot new number in town! Believe THAT missy!!"

Avanti S: "Who are you again? Oh well, never mind...Here's my ride! See ya at the flying field! ...Or not..."
                LOL Hope that Hot new number will be a BVM Bandit..:)

Comment

• I'm normally not a pilot in my plane type guy but when I flew the Avanti S the other night in the presence of my Grandson he looked at it after it touched down then taxied back to us and he said to me, Grandpa you need a pilot in there. When I asked him what he would put in the jet for a pilot he said he had just the thing and would bring it to me the next night when they came over for dinner. This is what he brought me, it's not mounted in the canopy yet as the jury is still out on it, need some opinions and feedback on what some of you think about this? Let me know Thanks
                  By the way in case you don't recognize it, it's Einstein!

Comment

• It's perfect! Especially considering where he came from. :)
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Great story! Leave it in there.:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Donu View Post
                        I'm normally not a pilot in my plane type guy but when I flew the Avanti S the other night in the presence of my Grandson he looked at it after it touched down then taxied back to us and he said to me, Grandpa you need a pilot in there. When I asked him what he would put in the jet for a pilot he said he had just the thing and would bring it to me the next night when they came over for dinner. This is what he brought me, it's not mounted in the canopy yet as the jury is still out on it, need some opinions and feedback on what some of you think about this? Let me know Thanks
                        By the way in case you don't recognize it, it's Einstein!
                        Either that or a Minion! :Cool: Wish I had one of my sisters "trolls" from when we were kids. That would look great in the Avanti.

Comment

• Another great maiden of the Avanti at the "pre" Jet Jam today. As what everyone is hearing repeatedly, A great flier and well worth the wait. Plan on getting plenty of flights this weekend at the Jam and for each flight, a ticket in the pot for daily pilot prizes. I for see lots of tickets being put in by me!

Comment

• Grats!

Comment

• Thanks Shirty.
                              I silll hope that Pilot Ryan and Mike can still plan to attend. Havent seen these guys since Muncie on our first Jam session.

Comment

• The more I fly the Avanti the more I love it! I got another 6 flights on her over the weekend and it was just great, especially loving the noise it makes as it whistles by with out power on.
                                I must admit when I first got it is wasnt overly taken, preferring the scale lines of my F86 but the vertical performance and all round ability is winning me over. I do like my scale planes but this is a great addition to the hanger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                  Nice. Practical and easy enough to do for those dealing with hot batts.

So far I haven't had an issue with overheated batteries...But then again I am in the Pac NW where temps are rarely over 75 except in the dead of Summer where we get 90's+. I'm also vigilant about my timer and throttle management. I haven't had a puffed battery in two years or more. Admirals most of the time...Had some NanoTechs/Turnigy's as well. I've always liked the Admirals (and no, I am not paid to say that, lol) but the new gen Admirals are noticeably more efficient with the same generally low internal resistance the originals displayed.

I pushed a couple Admiral 5000's through her today...What more can be said that already hasn't been said about this jet? Feeling inadequate about your stick skills? Fly this jet. Instant Happy Ego. LOL
                                  We are flying two of the Avanti's with telemetry and the highest battery temp we have seen so far is 125F on a 82 degree day. I tend to run mine a little harder than my buddy does. We have not seen any puffing either. We are running mostly Gens Ace 5000's but will try the Admirals the next time we need batteries.

Rick Pellicciotti
                                  Avanti Jet by TriStar models is a web site devoted to Sebart RC Avanti jets.

Comment

• 24 flights down and I'm still lovin this plane. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                                      24 flights down and I'm still lovin this plane. :)
                                      42 on mine if that tells you anything about how I feel about it. ;)
                                      My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Slightly ahead at 45flts..;)LOL Minus the time bomb Board..

Comment

• Lol. Such a nice flyer, I can't get enough of it. Did a couple flights yesterday with a möbius on each wing for my avanti video. Also did a speed test against a mates new hsd viper which is the same size as the avanti, the hsd is waaay quicker, but I think the avanti flies better.

Comment

Working...
                                          X