Comment

• Elbee

Comment

• Elbee
          Elbee commented
          Editing a comment
          I bee likin' it.

• Badass scheme Smithy!
        (Although I'm missing the black paint of the cockpit interior!)

Ask wife to please get a video of you flying it someday! :D

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
          Ask wife to please get a video of you flying it someday! :D
          Ahahahahaha .... you've clearly never met her, she's really cool about my obsessions with model aircraft, but that's where it ends 😶

Comment

• Originally posted by The43rdHammer View Post

Ahahahahaha .... you've clearly never met her, she's really cool about my obsessions with model aircraft, but that's where it ends 😶
            Wow those graphics are incredible, and so much to chose from. I'll be ordering some. What area did you have to paint?

Comment

• Originally posted by The43rdHammer View Post

Lol, better keep it that way then!

Comment

• Holy Moly The43rdHammer , you've got some serious campaigning going on in this thread and others. The last winning strategy I saw was to lock yourself up in a basement and make no public appearances, but then I've never been all that bright. So I'll join in to the photo war. All we need is uscanuck1xa and his outstanding 2018 Canadian conversion and others to join the fray. Then we can really bore the pants off everyone. Fortunately for all of us, the best F-18 this year with a multitude of over the top modifications isn't even in this contest, Elbee and his Black Aces (but maybe he'll enter it next year if the Corsair build follows typical delivery times into 2023) So mine took three weeks of painting/prep/electronic mods/servo mods/EDF upgrade/AB's and other work on the airframe and another 3 weeks just on the cockpit. Thankfully I was locked in the basement at the time otherwise it would have taken a year.

And after this, no more public appearances, I'm going to spend my time at the field flying this baby some more! This bird may not win any static contests but in the air with that 12 blade inrunner it's untouchable!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200419_184337.jpg Views:	0 Size:	180.5 KB ID:	304687Click image for larger version  Name:	20200406_090935.jpg Views:	0 Size:	191.4 KB ID:	304688Click image for larger version  Name:	20200427_173439.jpg Views:	0 Size:	230.9 KB ID:	304689
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20210307_141636.jpg Views:	0 Size:	286.8 KB ID:	304691

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210307_141837.jpg Views:	0 Size:	163.8 KB ID:	304692

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200427_175743.jpg Views:	0 Size:	317.1 KB ID:	304690
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                  Holy Moly The43rdHammer , you've got some serious campaigning going on in this thread and others ... All we need is uscanuck1xa and his outstanding 2018 Canadian conversion and others to join the fray. Then we can really bore the pants off everyone. Fortunately for all of us, the best F-18 this year with a multitude of over the top modifications isn't even in this contest
                  😂😂🤣 you may not believe it but I didn't want to post those pictures here again, I'm even boring the tits off myself with them now but they should live on the F-18 thread.

I didn't do the cockpit because I want to fly her and don't want to add the weight. There's one very small part of her that isn't quite as well done as I'd have liked, but she's going to fly, she's made of foam, she's going to travel back and forth to the field in my car and she's going to get the odd knock and bump along the way... no queen bees in my hangar, everything flies or dies.

Am I proud of her, yes I am. Will I be rushing out to buy my next customisation project, absolutely not. Would I have preferred to buy a stock scheme in the first place... at the time yes, but alls well that ended well.

Bring on more F-18 pictures I say, the more the merrier...

Comment

• The43rdHammer a picture is worth a thousand words as they say, so just making a little humor (obviously very little). Your Super Bee is outstanding, would love to have one as well and was thinking of that livery when I did mine and hope to add it to the Hangar one day soon as well, along with the other Canadian and the outstanding fractured camo. Too many great schemes, too few dollars to accommodate. Actually would kill to have virtually every aircraft that was submitted this year, including the ones that didn't make it. Who said modeling is dead! Get those kids off the computers, put a MRC aircraft in their hands and tell them to get their butts outside and live a little!

Don't worry about a little extra weight, I flew the original F-18 BA stock with it's 9 blade inrunner and even though the Canadian has a ton of extra weight in it and was on the original stock outrunner , it still flew almost identical. The new 9 blade is a nice upgrade in the grey version, but I recently went with the 12 blade because I wasn't broke enough (also now in my 2 F-4's and F-16) and let me tell you, I think it could haul an anchor around with that fan, what a difference. And the sound of the 12 blade is just a bit more whoosh and guttural than the 9 blade. That 12 blade inrunner hauls my F-16 around while using a lead brick for a battery, the Hobbystar 8000 mah. It actually flies and climbs just as well as it does on an HRB 6000, so a little extra weight "ain't no big thing" for the 12 blade. Over 5 minutes of flight time is also nirvana on the F-16 and that sounds insane. Trying to fit that battery in the F-18 but not sure I'm going to accomplish it, but if I do, I'll really have a flying Moose (appropriate for the Canada scheme). I'm already at 4 1/2 minutes on the F-18 on a 6000 (flying very aggressively), so maybe I can get to 6 or 7 on the 8000.
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Is it too late to enter my submission?

Click image for larger version

Name:	6thcrash.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	371.2 KB
ID:	304707
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                        .. a picture is worth a thousand words as they say, so just making a little humor (obviously very little). ...
                        No, no.... I got it mate and it did make me laugh 🤣 (honest)

Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                        ... I'm already at 4 1/2 minutes on the F-18 on a 6000 (flying very aggressively), so maybe I can get to 6 or 7 on the 8000.
                        Now this is what I was going to ask, but you've just answered it. Seems the F-18 is a little bit temperamental to fly, is that fair? Our Covid lockdown ends on 29 March (since the end of December 🥴) but I'll be flying my L-39 a few times before I maiden this just to blow the cobwebs away.

Originally posted by Aros View Post
                        Is it too late to enter my submission?
                        I might well have something similar to contribute soon 🙄

Comment

• Great job to both of you guys

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                            Is it too late to enter my submission?

Click image for larger version  Name:	6thcrash.jpg Views:	11 Size:	371.2 KB ID:	304707
                            If you enter that I got a couple to go up against it, may the worst man win! I did get this replaced with an ARF (actually by MRC, but that's another story) and the 3D cockpit was easy to fix, so now have about 100 flights on it, but as I said before, just put the 12 blade inrunner in it so the next mishap may leave it in itty bitty pieces.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20181028_134116.jpg Views:	0 Size:	190.2 KB ID:	304715Click image for larger version  Name:	20181028_134251.jpg Views:	0 Size:	168.6 KB ID:	304716
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Nooooooooo!
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hey guys. I want to say all the work you guys have done on these has inspired me! This is the first jet I’ve taken a lot of time to work on. One thing I’m trying to find is where are you guys getting the full bodied pilots for the printed cockpits?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rc4me21976 View Post
                                  Hey guys. I want to say all the work you guys have done on these has inspired me! This is the first jet I’ve taken a lot of time to work on. One thing I’m trying to find is where are you guys getting the full bodied pilots for the printed cockpits?
                                  R4, I can't speak for everyone, but I used the Jet Hanger Hobbies,1/12th Modern Pilot and I I believe most guys have also. Best, LB
                                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

R4, I can't speak for everyone, but I used the Jet Hanger Hobbies,1/12th Modern Pilot and I I believe most guys have also. Best, LB
                                    Thanks LB that’s what I was thinking!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Hey LB the full pilot is 1/10 and they only show a bust for 1/12.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rc4me21976 View Post

Hey LB the full pilot is 1/10 and they only show a bust for 1/12.
                                        Either one although I used the the full body 1/10 scale in mine, slightly larger than the 1/11th scale of the jet, but he still fits in nicely and has the biceps to yank and bank. Go big or go home!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210307_141226.jpg
Views:	763
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	305164
                                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Working...
                                        X