Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Steve!! What happened to the gear?
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
      After two years of on and off tinkering here is a short video taken today at TiredIron Aviation of my A-10
      Bravo Zulu on the 2-point. :Whew: A+ on the powder cannon. :Win: Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
        Nice Steve!! What happened to the gear?
        It just did not want to drop. It happens.. damage was so minimal it was fixed and ready to fly again in about 15minutes.

Comment

• Killer beard Steve :Cool:

Comment

Good luck on your maiden! I just put mine together this evening. It's been a couple years since I had mine so I too wouldn't mind a confirmation on CG. As for me I am using an Admiral rx with satellite. I mount it along the starboard side of the inside fuse, 90 degrees, yes.

I plan on maidening this weekend, hopefully on grass as I don't want any Bucking Bronco landings on a maiden! :Scared:

Click image for larger version

Name:	pre-maiden.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	187139
            did u upgrade gear or stock?

Comment

• Originally posted by bbolz View Post
              Beautiful Mike T. Thanks for the tip. If I buy shelf paper my wife may have other ideas for me! Guess I better buy enough! I know the Flipper scheme was just an Arctic camo experiment but I think it's so cool, no pun intended.
              LOL, that's the main reason I bought clear.

MIke
              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by p51mustangman View Post
                did u upgrade gear or stock?
                Stock gear for now but depending on how my first dozen or so landings go will determine if and when I upgrade. I recall I never had any issue on grass. It was pavement that could bite. I am going to maiden this evening or tomorrow at the school track where I can land on grass.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Stock gear for now but depending on how my first dozen or so landings go will determine if and when I upgrade. I recall I never had any issue on grass. It was pavement that could bite. I am going to maiden this evening or tomorrow at the school track where I can land on grass.
                  For what its worth (probably not much) my experience is that "bucking bronco syndrome" is mainly due to factors other than the landing gear. Not saying that the mods won't help, but I don't think that's the cause. To avoid the problem you need to:
                  - move the CG back from the stock setting (the stock setting is nose heavy). You've done that!
                  - use full flaps before touchdown (I mean ALL the way down) and let the plane slow down. It will slow WAY down if you raise the nose right before it touches down.
                  - land without cramming the nose gear into the ground first.

Easier said than done - if you're nose heavy. Once I moved the battery back a bit, my landings improved a LOT.

I'm looking forward to your flight report!!

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Good advice! So where do you have your CG currently and what batteries do you use? I will be maidening with RT 5500 6S 70Cs....
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

For what its worth (probably not much) my experience is that "bucking bronco syndrome" is mainly due to factors other than the landing gear. Not saying that the mods won't help, but I don't think that's the cause. To avoid the problem you need to:
                      - move the CG back from the stock setting (the stock setting is nose heavy). You've done that!
                      - use full flaps before touchdown (I mean ALL the way down) and let the plane slow down. It will slow WAY down if you raise the nose right before it touches down.
                      - land without cramming the nose gear into the ground first.

Easier said than done - if you're nose heavy. Once I moved the battery back a bit, my landings improved a LOT.

I'm looking forward to your flight report!!

x2! you using the 86mm back?

Comment

• Originally posted by p51mustangman View Post

x2! you using the 86mm back?
                        Hey guys, sorry my bird is laid up until warmer weather gets here and I can't tell you exactly where the CG is. But I can tell you as far as where I put the batteries, the one in the lower tray is all the way back and the upper one is to the very back edge of the top shelf. I'm using 6S Admiral 5000's and also RT 6350's. (I have the 80mm edf model)
                        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Somewhere I read about someone shaving down the back of the landing gear fairing to allow the inboard flaps to travel further down.

Does somone one know where I can find that post again I’d also like to see some pictures. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Hey guys, sorry my bird is laid up until warmer weather gets here and I can't tell you exactly where the CG is. But I can tell you as far as where I put the batteries, the one in the lower tray is all the way back and the upper one is to the very back edge of the top shelf. I'm using 6S Admiral 5000's and also RT 6350's. (I have the 80mm edf model)
                            Yeah that's where I have mine both from 2 years ago (6S Admiral 5000s) and prepping for the maiden (6S RT 5500s). I think I should be okay...
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Yeah that's where I have mine both from 2 years ago (6S Admiral 5000s) and prepping for the maiden (6S RT 5500s). I think I should be okay...
                              I'm rolling with the 5100 graphites and rt6230s, can't wait but we just got snow so its going to be a bit longer....

Comment

• Also, remove the junction board and reinstall with the front holes of the board in the rear holes of the ply mount. That way you can move the rear battery back a little further. I use RoaringTop 5800s and 6250s, and the front edge of the batteries are at the battery straps. This will help you get back to 86mm CG.
                                Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                  Also, remove the junction board and reinstall with the front holes of the board in the rear holes of the ply mount. That way you can move the rear battery back a little further. I use RoaringTop 5800s and 6250s, and the front edge of the batteries are at the battery straps. This will help you get back to 86mm CG.
                                  Whoa. You just went Matrix on me bro.
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Maiden success!

Man, I forgot how easy and smooth this bird is to fly. Such a *****cat with HUGE PRESENCE! Not much of a thrill ride, I just wanted to get her trimmed out (just needed a couple clicks of left), cycle the gear, check the flaps (too much down elevator mix, may remove altogether) and land without any Bucking Broncos in the vicinity, lol. Now I can paint her up in Arctic Camo! Callie decals already on the way. Not selling this one!

UPDATE: Just bought the upgrade main oleo struts. I am not going to take my chances since many times I will have to fly off pavement.

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• After spending last year reading these wonderful posts and seeing these amazing models, I thought I better join and get involved. I have to say all these posts have spurred me on. I am from the uk. So I will upload my efforts which is still in the process of finishing.

My first time on these forums.

Great Video.

Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk from across the pond NJP! WHOA LOVE YOUR ARCTIC CAMO!! :Drooling:

Please share your weathering technique...Wow that looks GREAT!!
                                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Welcome! Beautiful looking Hawg NJP! Very nicely done.

Comment

Working...
                                          X