Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was a great video Lon. Do they do that with other aircraft as well. I really enjoyed it. Thank-you for bring it to our attention.
    Dewey l

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post

Did I miss these coming in stock? Gone already??
      I think that took about 5 to 6 days to sell out. There must be 100's, maybe 1000's of these planes out there. Even if 10% of owners bought these struts, that's quite a few. I'm thinking Motion never got more than 100 of these, probably less not knowing how well they'd sell.
      Some things in this hobby sell out in less than an hour after stock is in.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
        I think that took about 5 to 6 days to sell out. There must be 100's, maybe 1000's of these planes out there. Even if 10% of owners bought these struts, that's quite a few. I'm thinking Motion never got more than 100 of these, probably less not knowing how well they'd sell.
        Some things in this hobby sell out in less than an hour after stock is in.
        Dang! I had done the "Notify"...never got a email, AND i was checking online most every day. Oh well.
        Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Dang! I had done the "Notify"...never got a email, AND i was checking online most every day. Oh well.
          Yeah, I don't know how Motion does it, but if they're anything like another seller I deal with, while they wait for stock to come in, people buy these things out and when stock does arrive, once they fulfill all the orders that have been paid for, there's none left to notify anyone about. Sometimes, that's the only way to get something. I hate paying in advance of stock arrival but if I really want it, I'll do it.

Comment

• Wow they must have exhausted the supply before they got to you. Hate you missed out. Hopefully they have more coming soon. I'm sure they do. Like Viper said there is no telling how many have been sold. It would be great if Motion could at least post how many so far. Think that would be impressive.
            Dewey l

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
              Yeah, I don't know how Motion does it, but if they're anything like another seller I deal with, while they wait for stock to come in, people buy these things out and when stock does arrive, once they fulfill all the orders that have been paid for, there's none left to notify anyone about. Sometimes, that's the only way to get something. I hate paying in advance of stock arrival but if I really want it, I'll do it.
              I asked Motion about per-ordering and they said they can't do that. Their system is not set up to do so.
              Bob Duncan

The only real helicopter is the CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!

Comment

• Originally posted by BadBob View Post

I asked Motion about per-ordering and they said they can't do that. Their system is not set up to do so.
                Interesting. I guess they had more notifications than they had supply coming in.

Comment

• Hey guys, I think we might be getting most of our exercise from jumping to conclusions. I'm not sure the gear upgrades ever came in at all! Maybe Aros or Alpha can fill us in on that- just sayin' Brad

Comment

Did I miss these coming in stock? Gone already??
                    No, they show them but not in yet. when the thread for the struts had a post stating that I went and got on the list and I have not got an email as to them being in. :cool:
                    AMA 424553

Comment

• Well...the struts i ordered from Castle showed up. Want to get the ones from MRC too, compare. These are all metal for sure. Decide which plane to try them out on, get them installed.
                      Lon

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Same here, I never saw them come into stock nor did I get an e-mail. I just went to the website and asked to be notified when they come in and it said I was already set to get notified.

Are we sure they actually came in?

Comment

Well...the struts i ordered from Castle showed up. Want to get the ones from MRC too, compare. These are all metal for sure. Decide which plane to try them out on, get them installed.
                          These look nicer that FLRC's, I might order these instead.

Comment

• I just ordered the landing gear from Castle. Can't wait to get and install them!

Comment

• Short clip of new strut.

Lon

Comment

• Were they drop in replacements or did you have to do "stuff" to make them fit?

Comment

• dkalwishky
                                  The mains drop in. But it should be noted i'm using the stock wheels. On that note of stock wheels...I have flown with the Du-Bro low bounce, and the Dave Browns. Bottom line is that i've gone back to the stock wheels and like it. The #1 reason is ground handling. Dave Browns are in my opinion for this plane, too soft. The Du-Bro are a little bit better handling on the ground. The weight of this plane i believe is the reason the softer tires cause handling issues, specially on landings. NOTE: Most all my flying is from hard surface and...well..I'm pretty consistant on smooth and soft touchdowns with this 38.

The nose strut will NOT just drop in. In a earlier post by xviper2 he states it well " The cir-clip that they provide with the shaft that goes into the retract is so big that it won't nest between the 2 forks of the strut holder" Go to xviper's post on page 107 to read what he did.

Now i hope late today before the sun goes down, to go fly and see how they do(with stock nose strut)
                                  Lon

Comment

• UPDATE: Got two flights in tonight before the sunset. I could tell the difference with the new struts on the mains. Yes, i greased both landings. But could tell by the sound of touchdown, that those shocks were doing their job!!
                                    Lon

Comment

• Looking for a little help. Don't know if it was here in RCG or over in Hobby Squawk. Someone posted a site which had instrument dials that are unique to the P-38.
                                      I've looked up and down but can't find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                                        I just ordered the landing gear from Castle. Can't wait to get and install them!
                                        Me 2. In see these have the scissor struts on the mains only. The ones from Motion have the scissor strut on the nose only.
                                        Bob Duncan

The only real helicopter is the CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!

Comment

• Originally posted by BadBob View Post

Me 2. In see these have the scissor struts on the mains only. The ones from Motion have the scissor strut on the nose only.
                                          I guess one could order a set of each to get the scissors on all struts, however, kind of a shame and waste of money to get a set the way we want them.

Comment

Working...
                                          X