• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicely Done!:Cool:

Comment

• That is one sweet looking Hawk! Well done sir
      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Freewing MiG-21, Tamiya acrylic airbrushed over stock silver and gloss coat.

Comment

• Awesome!!! I did the same thing when I got mine... After I started with the green patches, it felt as though it was a never ending project!!!

Comment

• A-4 RNZAF.... Neat plane!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
              A-4 RNZAF.... Neat plane!!!
              Way to go! Looks fantastic.....(even if I may be a bit biased on this one he he). Looks very realistic and I remember these in our small Air Force back in the 80’s.

Comment

• Just to prove that people do read and learn from all the useful information that gets posted on here - My first attempt at weathering my FMS Tigercat, using all the tips I learnt from Hobbysquawk and elsewhere.
                I know it's not completely scale, but I just wanted a highly visible scheme.
                Thanks you all for sharing your knowledge, and adding to my enjoyment of our hobby.
                And thanks to Callie Graphics for the excellent service.

Comment

• Welcome!!!! What a nice looking bird! You did a great job 123! :Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Nice job on the Tigercat

Comment

• My first airbrushing project. Walmart craft paints. Krylon clear. Decals by Callie.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by seaviper View Post
                        My first airbrushing project. Walmart craft paints. Krylon clear. Decals by Callie.
                        Very nice work!!!

Comment

My first airbrushing project. Walmart craft paints. Krylon clear. Decals by Callie.
                          Gorgeous! Where have you been?

Comment

• Been hibernating waiting on warmer weather

Comment

Looks really cool!!! Love the shark effect!!! Nice job! :Cool:

Comment

• Thanks man. I had a few paint peels. I also stuck a soldering iron into the nose by accident while making an 8" extension for the nose gear. But a little puttty, sanding, and paint made it all go away.

I hand sketched the peeling paint effect then cut out a paper mask. Worked just fine.

Also I used this Post-It note tape that I found while in Joann's Fabrics with the wife. It works great and does not lift paint off foam.
                                Attached Files

Comment

• Looks great! Nice job, dig the shark! Well done for your first airbrushing!
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Really love to customize the birds and make them stand out at the field, amazing what a little work can do for these great plans from Motion RC

Comment

• You guys are amazing. I have zero aptitude for all this painting and weathering.

Comment

• Here is the bird with scale tanks and a few more decals. The placement of the flag on the back is correct for another aircraft in this squadron. I changed the tail paint scheme slightly from the original. The camo tanks are correct as referenced in two photos. I personally believe these tanks were temporary and were probably borrowed from another anniversary painted aircraft in this squadron.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• SV, Truly beautiful work...Bravo Zulu, sir. Best, LB
                                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X