X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Get in line Pat. I just sent one to Paul and have three more in the queue to do. :)
    Steve,

Consider me queued up. Thanks!
    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
      We sell a pack of the plastic male/female slotted attachments that Freewing uses on the F-4's other pylons. If you want to use that same mechanism to keep things easily interchangeable, buy a set.

For 3DP designers, it may be useful to integrate the female side into your ordnance. Installing a male side into the foam is very easy. In fact, the opposite is just as easy.
      That's what I did for my Sparrows, just added the female receptors into the fuse and was good to go!
      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
        That's what I did for my Sparrows, just added the female receptors into the fuse and was good to go!
        Bingo!
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post

Mate - There's no way the female side is as easy as the male side... at least not in my experience lol ;)

edit: that reads a bit wrong, I haven't tried the male side. :)
          Haven't seen a recovery that fast, since Monica brought out the blue dress! ;):)

Comment

Freewing mechanically limits the turning radius on many models to minimize the risk of tipping them over after a landing when enough speed has not yet been scrubbed. It's common to see pilots trying to turn around too soon at too high a ground speed, resulting in scraped wingtips or worse.

To tighten the turning radius, move the clevis to the outermost hole on the steering servo. In models with a steering arm on the nose strut as well (instead of the captive sliding arm), move the clevis to the innermost hole. Experiment with your model and verify that the nose wheel doesn't bind in the retracted position. Two mixes may prove helpful:

1) A mix that cancels nose strut steering when the landing gear is retracted (this requires the steering servo to be in a separate rx port, however).
            2) A mix that limits the steering throw as the throttle increases. i.e. on 0% throttle, the steering can move 100% of its range. At 30% throttle, the steering can move 60% of its range. Etc, etc. You'll need to experiment with your specific model (and runway surface) to find a balance between having the thrust to get moving, and having enough steering to matter.

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I usually put the steering servo on a separate channel, give it the maximum travel available without binding and jack up the expo to 40%.
            Understand all the reasoning, but it would be preferable to allow pilots to make their own decisions as to what is too much nose turn angle. Dual rates can be used here to address that reasoning, and still allow a tight turning radius when needed.

As can be seen in the photos below, this model doesn't have clevises (or any devices) to allow throw adjustments. Drilling or wholesale replacement of the linkage are seemingly the only options; this is why I tossed the issue out for discussion.

And yes, I have the nose steering servo on a separate channel from the rudder. This is de rigueur for tricycle gear models.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	F-4 Nose Linkage 1.jpg
Views:	541
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	128057Click image for larger version

Name:	F-4 Nose Linkage 3.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	128058Click image for larger version

Name:	F-4 Nose Linkage 4.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	128059

Comment

• This is what George will see from the back seat of my F-4. LOL

Name:	IMG_20180410_221350.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	128162

Name:	IMG_20180410_221405.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	128163

Comment

• He's probably thankful that you haven't conjured up an ejection seat since you've perfected the chute eject system. LOL
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Give him time CB!

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Hmmmmmm.:Thinking:

Comment

• Are those 1/12th JHH pilots ?

Comment

• Yes.

Comment

• Just a tease...

More to come.

Comment

• Very nice. Are the canopies functional or just static?

Comment

• While we wait on more of everyone's awesome mods, some formation flying and jamming here in Utah

Comment

• Pretty cool mate

Comment

We sell a pack of the plastic male/female slotted attachments that Freewing uses on the F-4's other pylons.....
                                  OK well, where are these parts? They could be listed as accessories under any one of dozens of Freewing planes on the site. Please help me, give me a clue! (and don't say: Check under "foil".) LOL

(I checked under the Phantom's parts page of course, but they aren't listed there)
                                  Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Look under spare parts for the 90mm F-16. Currently they are out of stock though.

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

OK well, where are these parts? They could be listed as accessories under any one of dozens of Freewing planes on the site. Please help me, give me a clue! (and don't say: Check under "foil".) LOL
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Thanks guys, added to the "notify me when it arrives list" - along with the B24 props and a bunch of other stuff.... <finger tapping> Is it here yet??
                                        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                          Huh, thanks for the idea. I've got two AIM-120 AMRAAMs from an F-14 that may double as a Sparrow missile... although I think they are too large scale-wise. A buddy gave me two AIM-9 from his A-10 kit he wasn't using that I am adding to my MiG-21 as K-12 Atolls. I mean, they were copies of the AIM-9 so why not? ;)

Comment

Working...
                                          X