Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing 90mm F-4 Phantom II Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ludovic View Post
    Salut à tous, voici un de mes futurs pilotes à qui j'ai apporté une petite modification 😍 . La tête devient désormais mobile avec un petit micro servos dans le buste !!! Il reste à faire la finition du tableau et du second et en peinture ainsi que les parties 3D du cockpit également en attendant la livraison de mon F4 ..... 🙄
    I think you made the video private, cannot view. Check your settings on YouTube.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waconut View Post

I think you made the video private, cannot view. Check your settings on YouTube.

Yes !! oops i just made the modification thanks for the info the goal is that i share this video !!!!😁👍

Comment

Hi guys,
        I used the light gray from the bottom and mixed in some gray from the top. I applied the rivets with an airbrush to the bottom of one of the stabilators. The rivets are subtle.
        What do you think?
        WN, Subtle detail indeed. I think many times rivets are overdone to the point of distraction from the overall. We've all seen 1:1 aircraft and it is rare I remember the rivets more than color nuances, panels, and markings. Bravo Zulu, SIr and Happy Easter. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I may regret this, it took me 4 hours to spray the rivets on the bottom of one wing panel, good thing I don’t have much to do for a while . I am going to have to cut at least one more page of rivets.
          Attached Files

Comment

I may regret this, it took me 4 hours to spray the rivets on the bottom of one wing panel, good thing I don’t have much to do for a while . I am going to have to cut at least one more page of rivets.
            Incredible detail, I would say the 4 hours were well spent.
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by A320jockey View Post

Hi RCJ!

I am currently modifying my F-4 using RCGeek's kit. Would like to know what white bracket are you using on the nose gear strut to open and close the front gear door. I am also using a gear door internal hinge for the front gear door.

Thank you in advance fror your help!

Carlos Cordova
              FLL
              I used a clip from the F-14 nose strut brace I believe but the early Phantoms used a nose strut with a groove on it that the clip fit in. Later models came with a strut that did not have the groove. If I recall correctly I had to add the groove to mine.

Comment

• Good morning all,
                I wanted to know if among you, you had a piloting aid like for example (Eagle Gyro Super 3 V2 from Eagle) see the photo?
                what if it was worth it? 🤔
                thank you for coming back👌

Comment

• Ludovic, Though not a necessity, certainly a good addition. I have the the Eagle A3 Pro installed in my Phantom and though the F-4 is a great flyer anyway, I do like that it's there especially on cross-wind days. Got to fly her home anyway, so it is one less thing to worry about. Hope I've helped. Best, LB
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Spent 11 hour’s airbrushing rivets today. I will be seeing dots in my sleep. The bottom side is done.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• I’m not one to typically use gyros and the F-4 doesn’t need one but many like them and use the one you have. I like the simpler versions of that brand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                        I’m not one to typically use gyros and the F-4 doesn’t need one but many like them and use the one you have. I like the simpler versions of that brand.
                        Not me, I'll take all the help I can get. As I've said before, every one of my planes has an AR636 AS3X gyro in it, even my 60" Extreme Flight 3D planes. Originally I did not put a gyro in the first F-4 I got and I had my good friend (and super EDF flyer) Brinka maiden it and set it up. He is one of the best EDF pilot's I've ever seen and he got it dialed in quickly, but felt it was a bit "twitchy" in crosswinds and gusts (something we have a lot of here in Florida). I then installed the AR636 to see what difference it made and the next time he flew it, he couldn't believe the difference, stating that it was incredibly stable, even in cross and gusty winds. I never got to fly it without a gyro, but just the fact that I can fly it at all tells me that the gyro certainly helps, at least for me. I've also noticed that many of the large turbine jets at our field (and the majority of pilots at our club are into large scale gas and turbine jets) have gyro's installed. I'm one of the few foamy electric pilots there and I wouldn't go up without a gyro (although I do shut it off for certain 3D maneuvers).

If I ever get accomplished enough, I suspect that I will loose the gyro, but that may not happen until hell freezes over.
                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• hank you for your answers which directs me towards the purchase of one (Eagle Gyro Super 3 V2 d'Eagle) for my F4😉👍

Comment

• Hi guys,
                            I have to say I have learned a lot about airbrushing in the past couple days. Air and paint flow control takes a while to learn. I am using latex in my airbrush which isn’t easy. I have found that you need to double strain the paint to keep it from clogging up the airbrush. Also tip dry is a constant issue.

I did get a color mixed for the top rivets this morning. The top of the stabilizers and one wing panel is finished. On the top of the wings I am subscribing to the theory less is more. There are going to be a lot of rivets on the fuselage and a lot of graphics being applied. I can always go back and add more if needed.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys,
                              I have to say I have learned a lot about airbrushing in the past couple days. Air and paint flow control takes a while to learn. I am using latex in my airbrush which isn’t easy. I have found that you need to double strain the paint to keep it from clogging up the airbrush. Also tip dry is a constant issue.

I did get a color mixed for the top rivets this morning. The top of the stabilizers and one wing panel is finished. On the top of the wings I am subscribing to the theory less is more. There are going to be a lot of rivets on the fuselage and a lot of graphics being applied. I can always go back and add more if needed.
                              Looks spectacular. Are you sure all of the rivets were properly installed and are securely fastened? You may want to go back and check each one again to make sure, shouldn't take more than about 18 hours.
                              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• I am so getting tired of airbrushing rivets. Looks like the fuselage top side will be a 2 day job.
                                Attached Files

Comment

I am so getting tired of airbrushing rivets. Looks like the fuselage top side will be a 2 day job.
                                  So what's the problem, you got a baseball or hockey game to go to?
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

So what's the problem, you got a baseball or hockey game to go to?
                                    True, just monotonous as hell. After you spray the first 4,000 the rest start to get a little old.

Comment

True, just monotonous as hell. After you spray the first 4,000 the rest start to get a little old.
                                      WN, The detail is amazing. My thought was one way to save some time is don't paint rivets where the marking are placed, since a painted marking would also have the rivet shape. So do you add rivets over rivets once the markings are in place or are the rivets 'proud' enough off the surface to show through vinyl markings? Inquisitively, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hi LB,
                                        The rivets are undetectable, they will not show thru the vinyl. It would probably take me longer to lay out where all the vinyl will be going down than to just paint all the rivets. I don’t want to risk trying to paint the rivets after the vinyl is down. If something bad were to happen good luck getting the vinyl off.

Comment

• Looks fantastic though so you will be rewarded for all the monotony.
                                          My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X