X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by \o/woohoo View Post
    Im so confused. Can i run an A3L gyro while using the blue box? The gyro needs to recieve signal from ailerons but the ailerons are the ribbon cables.

and the aileron lead from the bb goes to the rx. :Confused:
    It doesn't matter. You've got the idea slightly backwards. It's the ailerons that need the signal from the RX and it doesn't matter if there happens to be a gyro in between. The leads go from the RX to the gyro, then the leads from the gyro go to the wires that "used" to be plugged into the RX.
    It so happens that my Avanti S is on the table for some modding. It has the "blue box" like the L-39. See how the A3-L simply goes between the RX and the blue box. The blue box is under that wooden tray I built for the gyro.
    PS. The Avanti S doesn't really need a gyro. I did it when I first got it to show something to someone and I've forgotten now what the point was. If I need a gyro for some other plane, I'll just yank it out. Same goes for the L-39. It really doesn't need a gyro. However, in crosswinds and buffeting situations, the gyro does make the plane quite solid, even more so than they already are.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3383.JPG
Views:	989
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	199076

Comment

• Yes, no problem, the A3 goes between the receiver and BB.

Comment

Ok so im using an admiral pro 6000 6s pushed as far back as i could and at 103mm shes still super nose heavy. Does anyone run 6000's? Or do i need to get smaller batteries?
        I use HRB 6000 50C and have no problems. Go to Amazon and compare the HRB weight to what you have.
        You can also cut foam up to the blue box of course at your own risk. Not sure if 6000mAh batteries are recommended for this jet but I usually fly 5000 or 6000 no sweat.

Comment

• you guys are going to laugh but for the past week I've been building Jets and World War II planes using these Gyros and connecting them successfully and it gets me to the l-39 where I'm confused lmaoLOL

I got it guys thank you so much. :Cool:

Comment

• Sorry, can't help you on yours, I don't use a gyro on this one, very stable and so easy to fly and land, maybe a gyro would help in windy conditions......:Cool:

Comment

• I don't use gyros either but I know how to wire them up...
              :Cool:

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
              Sorry, can't help you on yours, I don't use a gyro on this one, very stable and so easy to fly and land, maybe a gyro would help in windy conditions......:Cool:

Comment

• I enjoy these beasts without a gyro but with one its even BETTER;)

Comment

• Okay, first off I was away when this big brown box showed up and I knew it was waiting on me to open it up when I got home, I was like a kid on Christmas, that was the longest 2 1/2 hr drive home ever.:)
                  So here it is, just had to throw it together and it has to be the best looking paint job on any FW jet, it is stunning.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                    I don't use gyros either but I know how to wire them up...
                    :Cool:

Why did you quote me Evan, didn't get that one?:Confused:

Comment

• You said you don't use gyros... I don't either. Nothing else, nothing sinister. :)

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Why did you quote me Evan, didn't get that one?:Confused:

Comment

• Top secret! ;):Cool::Cool:LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                          You said you don't use gyros... I don't either. Nothing else, nothing sinister. :)

Take that back, I do use one gyro out of my 15 EDF jets, the 90mm F-104 came with one and was all hooked up for me, that jet is a must have a gyro installed, I did fly it a few flights without one but it was hang on to your shorts every flight, now with the gyro on all the time it's like flying a trainer, can't see the L-30 needing one, but to each their own I guess.

Comment

• Dcorsair how about that paint scheme huh? ;)

Comment

Dcorsair how about that paint scheme huh? ;)
                              Oh man, it it outstanding, by far the best camo on any EDF jet..............:)

Comment

• Glad to read you really like the camo version DCCORSAIR. It really does look great. It's time to get my airbrush out and paint mine to the what if scheme I mentioned to you. Enjoy.

Comment

• Ok guys, got it ready to maiden. Now I wanted to clarify something that I didn't notice at first and I don't know why, but if you look at my pics versus the Motion website you will see that video and their pics it looks to be more of a desert camo but it is actually green on green camo, just wanted to let others know this just in case your about to order one and your expecting green and tan.

Comment

• For any here that may have both. how do you compare the L-39 to the Freewing F-86? I consider the F-86 a very easy plane to fly and I'm looking for something similar.

Edit Thanks Evan, Alpha and DC.

Comment

• Correct! Thanks for pointing this out. The Czech/Russian L-39s from the late 70s into the late 90s used colors similar to FS14079 and 14255, both of which are greens. The first code is the darker green and the second code is the lighter green. These are FS codes, so they're not exact to an aircraft from that region and that time period. But, they're fairly close, and based on our color samples, our L-39 is color scaled to represent those general colors. The lighter green is warmer and closer to tan, but seems less green especially in pictures when considered in contrast with the darker green beside it. If you were to separate the two colors onto separate swatches, most people would agree they're both green. But putting them side by side in certain lighting, there would be less consensus as to if they're both green or if one is decidedly less so. These factors are probably why the scheme has worked as an effective camo for decades, because the colors are relative to each other and yet not relative to each other in other ways. It's confusing. Which is what camo is supposed to do.

We were hesitant to release this color scheme for visibility concerns, but the gray belly and yellow tips and nose to enhance visibility to an acceptable degree. Plus, the scheme just looks so darn cool. :Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00858.JPG
Views:	1910
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	199215
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• The F-86 is the easier of the two but not by much. It has a lighter feel to it. If you have flown a warbird (P-51 or similar) you know that they feel heavier, the L-39 has a little bit of that feel to it. The L is faster. Both are rock solid flyers. The gear on the L is much better. Either or the Avanti are great first EDFs.

Comment

• I agree with Evan D's assessment. The F-86 feels lighter on the wing, which is good in some respects and not in others. The L-39 "penetrates" better through wider wind conditions. It feels very locked in, which is typical of a model carrying a bit more speed and a bit higher wing loading. If you're comfortable with your F-86, I don't think you'd have any problem acclimating to the L-39. They're similar enough to where it won't feel like you're jumping a chasm in difficulty, yet they're still different enough where flying them back to back offers something unique for both.

The real advantage the L-39 has, in my opinion, is the undercarriage as Evan D pointed out. The L-39 has larger and stronger undercarriage, and it still has a respectably slow and controllable approach speed, so all that suspension is just extra insurance. My F-86 had a tendency to hop if I didn't pin her down correctly. The L-39 tends to soak up my bad landings better, and its wheels are larger which is always an advantage of plowing through grass or riverbed or whatever I can fly off of here.
                                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
                                          X