X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
    Some scale details I've been working on. Pitot tubes, intake covers, and landing lights on the mains. The pitots and covers were 3D printed from the files Alpha posted on the F-22 3DPUP thread.

I did the covers in white PLA, and since the F-22 logo was recessed, all I had to do was paint the red around it. I then created and added the Remove Before Flight decals. And yes, the starboard side cover has the logo reversed. Unfortunately Alpha only posted the file for the port side, so I just took that and did a mirror image in slic3r. I am not yet savvy enough with slic3r or Fusion360 to fix it.

The lights on the mains were some white LEDs I had laying around. They are just hot glued to the doors, and then I hooked them all on a Y to the landing light slot in the MCB-E. I also cut recesses in the foam to allow for the lights.

Also, based on some pics I saw there is another dark grey square that goes under the pitot tubes. I cut these from the large rectangles I still had left from the decal sheet.
    Great job on the landing lights on the mains Pat! Don't know if I'll get that far but definitely going to do the Nav lights. I'm stripping the lights out of my first A-10 carcass from before I had the landing gear upgrades. Recycling parts from damaged planes somehow makes me feel better about losing one.:)

Comment

• I still want to do the nav lights, and possibly the slime lights too. And I'm currently painting up my 3DPUP cockpit parts. As soon as Steve uploads the .stl files for the canopy opening mod, I'll do that too.

Oh, and I just put a JF90 with a HET 700-60-1120kv motor in it, and will run 12S 5000 on my next flights. :)
      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
        I still want to do the nav lights, and possibly the slime lights too. And I'm currently painting up my 3DPUP cockpit parts. As soon as Steve uploads the .stl files for the canopy opening mod, I'll do that too.

Oh, and I just put a JF90 with a HET 700-60-1120kv motor in it, and will run 12S 5000 on my next flights. :)
        Wow, have to see video of that 12s system flying!! What are the slime lights?

Comment

• Someone has already flown one on 12S I think and in my opinion it is just insanely fast and looses it's appeal as a result but hey, different strokes for different folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

Wow, have to see video of that 12s system flying!! What are the slime lights?
            "Slime lights" are those yellow strips that are on the verticals, wingtips, and on the forward fuse under the canopy. These are position markers or "formation lights" for flying formation at night. Jeremy Solt has already done these on at least the verticals.

Watch the below video. Skip to about 25 seconds and at 33 seconds you can see the pilot turn them on.

Pat

Comment

• light weight setup for the 8s stock setup, im going to go with these packs

they are as light as a single 3300mah 4s pack per pack

Comment

• hello,

what is the consumption and power of the freewing turbine in 8S ?

thanks,
                D@v

Comment

• PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

To all of you guys that are enjoying the F-22, check your nose gear! Maidened this morning really successfully, greased it on for the landing. Took it back to the bench to swap packs to go up again. Was mid-takeoff rollout when the front gear came off and sent the front of my beautiful F-22 into a dirt nap. Guess that's life with a grass field :(. Gonna contact Motion to get them to replace my gear doors and maybe gear assembly if the damage is too bad. All things considered, I'm glad it happened earlier than full rotation speed since the 8s bird is pretty heavy. Just such a shame to see my spotless new bird dinged up at all... Looking forward to getting back in the air though! Have a pic of the scene but HobbySquawk won't let me upload it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patriotic_Banana View Post
                    PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

To all of you guys that are enjoying the F-22, check your nose gear! Maidened this morning really successfully, greased it on for the landing. Took it back to the bench to swap packs to go up again. Was mid-takeoff rollout when the front gear came off and sent the front of my beautiful F-22 into a dirt nap. Guess that's life with a grass field :(. Gonna contact Motion to get them to replace my gear doors and maybe gear assembly if the damage is too bad. All things considered, I'm glad it happened earlier than full rotation speed since the 8s bird is pretty heavy. Just such a shame to see my spotless new bird dinged up at all... Looking forward to getting back in the air though! Have a pic of the scene but HobbySquawk won't let me upload it.
                    Try resizing the picture, it's probably a file size limitation.

Welcome to Hobby Squawk, sorry about your trouble:(
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by Patriotic_Banana View Post

I have checked mine several times and it is still rock solid. Only 4 flights on it though but all off of grass.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

I have checked mine several times and it is still rock solid. Only 4 flights on it though but all off of grass.
                        I re-tightened mine and used this to take up any slack between the pin and yoke.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8329B996-D576-4F55-A66F-2015A541242A.jpeg
Views:	807
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	168808

TiredIron Aviation
                        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your Dirt nap issue. Another member had the same issue before take off. He posted a few pages back.
                          Being Primarily a helicopter pilot I always check and Loctite anything metal to aluminum. It doesn’t look like free wing Loctite any parts on their models.

Comment

• I have a buddy who has an issue too witnessed first hand

His steering servo locked on Takeoff and it drove into the fence beyond rotation speed, this was the ARF kit as he put his own 6s setup

Beware and check the steering servo as well as the nose gear mechanism Diligently Please

Comment

• These are 459g each. Add a series adapter and you are 920g or more. That is not light. Look at the 8S 5200 pack at RCJuice.com

Originally posted by tengarang View Post
                              light weight setup for the 8s stock setup, im going to go with these packs

they are as light as a single 3300mah 4s pack per pack

Comment

• Pat, if you saw the 12S in person you would be impressed.

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                I still want to do the nav lights, and possibly the slime lights too. And I'm currently painting up my 3DPUP cockpit parts. As soon as Steve uploads the .stl files for the canopy opening mod, I'll do that too.

Comment

• Exactly what came apart?

Originally posted by Patriotic_Banana View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                    Pat, if you saw the 12S in person you would be impressed.
                                    Hoping to be impressed in person on Saturday. :)
                                    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                      These are 459g each. Add a series adapter and you are 920g or more. That is not light. Look at the 8S 5200 pack at RCJuice.com

good find, ill have to verify the weight of the two packs i posted, including the series adapter on my scale later today which I will for sure post the result; as i have two of them including the series adapter i made for it using XT90 ant spark connectors.

it serves me best to have two separate 4s packs which then would enable me to use those individual packs for other fleet activity purposes to maximize efficiency in tengarang fleet operations

Comment

• I rewired mine and added thrust vectoring. I have full span ailerons, full span flaps, crow (up ailerons and down flaps), tailerons, elevator to flap mix and rudder air brakes (both rudders in with elevator compensation). Flies absolutely awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UtXjl_rg4c

Comment

• The person here is using a JP set up. What is the person there using?

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                          Hoping to be impressed in person on Saturday. :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X