• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
    Dang!!! It happens. Those airplane magnets are everywhere.... :(
    Especially at junior high schools. :Loser:
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Especially at junior high schools. :Loser:
      You need to find you a new field to fly at, You put the spitfire on the roof there also. Sorry for the loss. :Crying:
      AMA 424553

Comment

• Sorry to toot my own horn here but given the circumstances of feeling like hot garbage after plowing her into a light pole I have to point out that on the flight before, I had the lowest pass I think I have ever accomplished on a jet. This is a screen cap of the video in the lowest point of the pass (no this is not takeoff footage)...

Even a broken clock is right twice a day! :Silly:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	lowpass.JPG
Views:	530
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	173443
        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

You need to find you a new field to fly at, You put the spitfire on the roof there also. Sorry for the loss. :Crying:
          Tell me about it! Unfortunately I don't have much options around where I live, hence why I fly at a school in the first place. The local AMA club has a short field hosted on an old garbage landfill complete with methane pipes ON the runway. Sigh.
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
            Hey Tom, I agree with Steve....great work! Is the hud screen clear or green like Steve's?
            Thank you guys! Brad, the HUD "glass" is clear plastic I covered with green transparent tape.,, which I also put over the hole that leads down to the cavity the light's in. I think Steve sourced green transparent styrene for his.
            Here's a shot with the hood off.
            Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Tell me about it! Unfortunately I don't have much options around where I live, hence why I fly at a school in the first place. The local AMA club has a short field hosted on an old garbage landfill complete with methane pipes ON the runway. Sigh.
              I’m in the same boat. I fly off a golf course surrounded by trees and sand traps. I stopped flying at the school when I got into jets.
              Fortunately there is a club at Beale AFB in CA where I work. The runway is actually a non maintained road in a section of the base that used to be a German POW camp. All the buildings are torn down now and the street is basically roped off. I don’t like flying there because it’s usually really windy, always a crosswind, and there are inch wide cracks in the concrete. It’s still cool to be able to fly in winter time. Whenever I have “appointments” scheduled... that’s where I am :)

The field is actually on the Real Flight simulator V6.

Comment

• I mounted the gyro under the battery tray and cut a small window in the tray to access the gain pot. Don't worry about the servo frequency. Factory default setting works fine.
                Thanks again for the info RCjetdude-- I also ended up mounting under the battery tray as far back as possible -- but did not think about having access to the first pot. Took the tray back out and made that change!

I also set my pot to 10:00 as you mentioned. I also have gain on a Tx knob. Do you as well, or just do it through the Rx pot?

Comment

• If it will make you feel any better, everybody has bad days. Here's my latest collection that includes at least one true crash n burn

My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

Thank you guys! Brad, the HUD "glass" is clear plastic I covered with green transparent tape.,, which I also put over the hole that leads down to the cavity the light's in. I think Steve sourced green transparent styrene for his.
                    Here's a shot with the hood off.
                    Tom
                    Thanks Tom, that's very helpful. I'm about halfway through Steve's operable canopy mod and will be doing the cockpit upgrade more or less the same time. Did you use a green led too or just white? BTW does anyone know how to tell what color the leds are without plugging them in?

Comment

• It's white Brad- the old landing light, left over as I went to duals. Why can't you plug in your LED's to test them?
                      Tom

Comment

• Help from you guys who are using the Spectrum AS3X programming

So if i decide to use the
                        At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

for this jet. Its likely that ill need to get it programmed. I have a DX9. Can someone list all the accessories ill need to get this programmed for any particular plane. I see there are more than a few people going this route and i too like the AS3X performance with the EFLITE BNF models.

Also second question is the AR636 rx has a single satellite port. Do any of you know if the LemonRX/Admiral satellite is compatible with this RX? has anyone tried this and verified the signal integrity?
                        At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post
                          It's white Brad- the old landing light, left over as I went to duals. Why can't you plug in your LED's to test them?
                          Tom
                          I can plug them in, I just have so many for the formation(slime)lights,nav lights,landing lights, etc. just wondered if there was a simple identifier on each led itself like what's on household lights. Call me lazy.:)

Comment

• Originally posted by tengarang View Post
                            Help from you guys who are using the Spectrum AS3X programming

So if i decide to use the

for this jet. Its likely that ill need to get it programmed. I have a DX9. Can someone list all the accessories ill need to get this programmed for any particular plane. I see there are more than a few people going this route and i too like the AS3X performance with the EFLITE BNF models.

Also second question is the AR636 rx has a single satellite port. Do any of you know if the LemonRX/Admiral satellite is compatible with this RX? has anyone tried this and verified the signal integrity?

All you need is a cable to connect to your phone or computer. There is also a Bluetooth controller you can use. So 3 different cables or options. You have edownload the app on your phone, or off the Spektrum website on a computer.

Yes, the non-Spektrum sat will work.

If you need a .spm file for a similar plane I can send it to you. It’s basically completely setup, you just upload it into your TX via SD card. If you need help, let me know. I have 5 636s in use

Comment

• Whistle ground and flight test

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post

All you need is a cable to connect to your phone or computer. There is also a Bluetooth controller you can use. So 3 different cables or options. You have edownload the app on your phone, or off the Spektrum website on a computer.

Yes, the non-Spektrum sat will work.

If you need a .spm file for a similar plane I can send it to you. It’s basically completely setup, you just upload it into your TX via SD card. If you need help, let me know. I have 5 636s in use
                                Thank you, is it possible to share the link to this cable i see a few of them and just want to be sure i get the correct one.
                                edit: i found this...for the computer, maybe this is the one ill need? https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/...rodID=SPMA3065

acknowledged on the no. Spectrum satellite appreciate the confirmation.

Ill pm you in a bit after i get some work done in the office

appreciate all the helpful responses

Comment

• I wish that Freewing would do away with gluing in servos and go back to installing servo trays with covers like on the F-15. F-22 Raptor a new model with old gluing methods.

Comment

• As was stated in reply on RCG, F-22 servos all have pockets and covers except for the rudders which are glued (this was necessary as there is not enough foam to have the pockets), and the elevator servos which are screwed in and not glued.
                                    Pat

Comment

• Does anyone know how to change the timing of the stock 130A ESC from the 6S version F-22? I couldn't find the ESC manual on Motion's website. I'm switching the EDF to a Wemotec Midi Evo and the inrunner motor requires low timing.

Comment

• It’s on the motion site where the planes manual is... or where any other 90mm EDF manual is. Default is low timing.

Found on the Stinger 90 page.

Comment

• Got it, thanks! I forgot to check other 90mm jets.

Comment

Working...
                                          X