X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post
    That looks like about the same as my old LX needed.

Mike
    Indeed, it does. I thought there was some information posted earlier that this UP elevator was designed out of this Freewing version and none was needed. I know for a fact that the FMS version also requires quite a bit of UP elevator to fly level. A guy at my field has the FMS and that's what he noted along with very weak retracts. One fell off on the maiden landing and 20 feet later, the other one fell off. Easy enough to reinforce, I guess.

Comment

• OK I guess this is nit-picking but I found the that markings for the battery cover on the real plane are different than what was shown in the decal layout page. I was able to remove and relocate the decals without much problem, simply by re-wetting them. (I'm going to seal them when I am done. 2956 decals to go....). I am also going to paint the exposed part of the gun flat black. and maybe enlarge the barrel openings if I can do it without ruining it. Here are some detail pics. I especially like this first one because of all the detail it shows. Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	105.6 KB ID:	79663
      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Sorry, I couldn't help myself:Silly:
        Ha ! IMO, there's no effing way two A-10 wings can fit inside the 76cm bag. Will try 90cm
        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
          OK I guess this is nit-picking but I found the that markings for the battery cover on the real plane are different than what was shown in the decal layout page. I was able to remove and relocate the decals without much problem, simply by re-wetting them. (I'm going to seal them when I am done. 2956 decals to go....). I am also going to paint the exposed part of the gun flat black. and maybe enlarge the barrel openings if I can do it without ruining it. Here are some detail pics. I especially like this first one because of all the detail it shows. Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	105.6 KB ID:	79663
          Is it my imagination or is the FW A-10 barrel stick out to far? I flat blacked all the plastic parts of the FMS A-10 also. Too shiney.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper2 View Post
            Indeed, it does. I thought there was some information posted earlier that this UP elevator was designed out of this Freewing version and none was needed. I know for a fact that the FMS version also requires quite a bit of UP elevator to fly level. A guy at my field has the FMS and that's what he noted along with very weak retracts. One fell off on the maiden landing and 20 feet later, the other one fell off. Easy enough to reinforce, I guess.
            Mine turned out just the opposite. The top of the elevator is flush with the horizontal stab. Flies like it's on rails and no bad habits when deploying the flaps. I have the flaps on slow mo which helps setting up the final approach to land.

Comment

• For the included decals for the arsenal, it would be nice to have a pic to determine which one goes on which. EG Where's the rectangular blue piece used ?
              Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
              Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
              I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Anyone take off the gear and paint them white? Don't particularly like silver gear hanging down.

Comment

• Got these in today! Dont particularly care for the way they sculpted the arms on the pilot, but it'll do. probably shouldve just ordered the seat itself and used an action figure or something. got my book in too for some crazy detailing .... what sucks is, we have to put everything in storage next week to put our house on the market...so my A10 will have to sit in the box for well over a month possibly till we settle into our new home.
                  www.TSHobbies.com
                  Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• What book is that, and where did you get it? Hard to see the writing in your pic.
                    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                      For the included decals for the arsenal, it would be nice to have a pic to determine which one goes on which. EG Where's the rectangular blue piece used ?
                      It is supposed to be the window on the sniper pod. I just made a window instead of using the decal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_10795.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	79687

Comment

• Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
                        Got these in today! Dont particularly care for the way they sculpted the arms on the pilot, but it'll do. probably shouldve just ordered the seat itself and used an action figure or something. got my book in too for some crazy detailing .... what sucks is, we have to put everything in storage next week to put our house on the market...so my A10 will have to sit in the box for well over a month possibly till we settle into our new home.
                        My pilot figure. From England Scale Model Pilots. 3d printed and painted. I do have another that's more scale with actual flight suit and posable.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post
                          Anyone take off the gear and paint them white? Don't particularly like silver gear hanging down.
                          I plan to paint mine. I may do that this evening.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                            What book is that, and where did you get it? Hard to see the writing in your pic.
                            Reids book
                            www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post

My pilot figure. From England Scale Model Pilots. 3d printed and painted. I do have another that's more scale with actual flight suit and posable.
                              yeah thats where I got this one..wish his arms were separate like the one you got.
                              www.TSHobbies.com

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

I plan to paint mine. I may do that this evening.
                                I painted the FMS gear with gloss white plasticote. After it dried, I used 3&1 oil to loosen everything up. Worked like a champ and very springy now. After 3 flights off grass haven't lost the yet. Greased every landing. Making the more flexible with oil on all the parts including the strut helped soften the landing.

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post

Ha ! IMO, there's no effing way two A-10 wings can fit inside the 76cm bag. Will try 90cm
                                  Yeah, I doubt they'll fit together in a 76cm bag. However, the wings do fit perfectly in the 76cm bag with just one wing in each bag, which I why I purchased two originally, to keep them separate from one another.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

I wondered what the decal sheet that had colored bands was for, now I know - ordinance!
                                    Actually, they're for the ordnance...

Comment

• Mine is coming today, but due to work and travel it will sit in its box for 1 month. My apologies to the first person who missed the initial pre-order....I didn't know the timing was going to work out this way.

Comment

• After 5 hours, my decals are done. I did mine in Osan Air Base livery, so if anyone needs the included liveries for a re-do, just PM me your name and address and I'll get them in the mail for you. First come, first served.

Now time for the build.

Sean

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

Yeah, I doubt they'll fit together in a 76cm bag. However, the wings do fit perfectly in the 76cm bag with just one wing in each bag, which I why I purchased two originally, to keep them separate from one another.
                                          Came across this bag for a possibility. Soft padded divider - one bag, two wings - Team Wing Tote

Comment

Working...
                                          X