Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice repair work! Only thing is, it looks even more like a Penguins plane. Go Predators.

Comment

• Haha!

Comment

• I'm using Pulse 5000 45C batteries. They weigh 748g. I have the stock PNP version of the Avanti.
        My battery placement is with the battery strap at dead center of the battery.
        With the battery in this position, I've been having great flights and easy landings. Inverted flight requires just a touch of down elevator.
        My recipe for landings is full flaps, fly it in low with reduced power until I know I'm going to make the runway. Cut all power, get it about 1ft off the runway and gently flare it so the rear wheels gently hit first.
        I had it out all day today, must have got in at least a dozen flights in 10mph crosswind. Still used full flaps for landings.

Awesome plane!!!

Remember, when flying inverted, down is up and up is expensive...

Comment

• Gave my pilot the option to bail.

Comment

• Originally posted by afjetmech View Post
            Gave my pilot the option to bail.
            Nicely done! I've seen you fly. The pilot is in good hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

Thanks! I completely agree that Motion should carry it. I looked for the product first on Motions website, but it wasn't there so I had to look elsewhere. It's made by Hangar-9, and is there Peel and Stick line called UltraTrim (for the carbon fiber roll, it's ITEM #: HANU91000). They come in 3-3/8"x78" small rolls. It's perfect for trim pieces and accenting not only because if it's size, but because it is peel and stick, and therefore requires no heat to activate the adhesive, which is ideal for our foam planes. Hangar-9 has all sorts of colors, and some carbon fiber patterns. Some other vinyl manufacturers carry Peel and Stick versions of their vinyl covering material/products, but some are more like stickers and don't conform well to edges and rounded surfaces. The UltraTrim is very thin (and comforms a bit better than all the others I've tried). Being extra thin helps with weight and conformity, but the downside is it doesn't hide imperfections underneath nearly as well and the other thicker materials. However, it's still much better and worthwhile over the other covering products I've tried. Just my opinion though, and that's worth....maybe nothing. LOL

http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Def...odID=HANU91000
              Well thanks to you we are going to start carrying this! Perhaps as soon as tomorrow. Always a good thing to know if you folks find something we don't sell but think we should, by all means let us know. If it's something we can carry and could be a popular and useful item, we're all for it!

My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Well thanks to you we are going to start carrying this! Perhaps as soon as tomorrow. Always a good thing to know if you folks find something we don't sell but think we should, by all means let us know. If it's something we can carry and could be a popular and useful item, we're all for it!
                That's excellent news Aros! Looks like I'll have my favorite place to order it from now :). Thank you!

Comment

• I've said it before, T-CAT speaks :Ligthbulb:, :Gift:for all of us. Nice.. Aros, that is great news, MRC rocks as always:Cool: thanks again. Just remember, I need Flyers orange man ;)

Comment

• If we could just get him to say Cool:

Comment

• Ha-ha, every now and then I come up with a decent idea LOL.

Comment

• Hey guys,

For those who purchase the "ARF Plus" versions of the 80 mm Jets, we now offer specially designed 80 mm Inlet adapters for Freewing air frames. These adapters slip right on to the Jetfan 80mm EDF housing so the fan basically drops right in, with no inlet ring trimming or foam removal. Only a small slot is required for the fan hatch to over the Jetfan mtg gussets.
                        My #1 Avanti (there will be two) has the HET 700-60-2085 motor. After the 3 1/2 min maiden flight, the Revolectric, 60C, 4400's came down with 47% remaining. During some speed runs with T-cat's Avanti (700-68-2100 motor) we recorded 110mph averaged upwind / downwind speed. This is about 10-15 mph faster than reports 95-100 of the stock setup. I will radar the stock set up myself, when I have the opportunity.
                        The videos are T-CAT giving mine a good workout, and his, doing the RADAR runs, (Radar gun is a calibrated Prospeed CR-1K). For those who want a super efficient set up. With about the same power as stock, but with an even longer flight time, I'd suggest the very light lower kv, 650-58-1970 motor. This would the best (IMO) for great aerobatics and the longest flight time. Aerobatics are the forte of the Avanti air frames.It won't compare to a Habu 32 composite, but for those who have the need for speed, I suggest the HET 700-60-1738 motor on 8s, or the "hot" (high amp) HET 700-60-1865. Speeds should be close to 140mph. My #2 Avanti will most likely have that setup. There are already some 1738 and 1865 set up in the works by customer's and theirs will probably be flying before mine.

Please shoot me an email for additional information. effluxrc@gmail.com

This is a great flying jet! Sorry for the noise in one of the videos. It was a busy day at the basin.

thx, Gary

Comment

• I wish we could have done more aerobatics instead of general flying with yours. We still had some room, but more people kept taking to the skies and some of the large 3D gassers were up at times doing hovering near the runway centerline. We had to constantly watch extra carefully to ensure enough separation. We'll eventually find a more open day at the field. It was a zoo that day. LOL. The gasser noise ruined the fun EDF sound we love. Bummerrrrrr. Thanks again for letting me fly your jet. It was great seeing you and everybody at the field.

It's a great flying jet and the Jetfan on 6S does a nice job adding some thrust and speed, while still remaining relatively light and agile. The power system is a bit heavier, so that allows a bit more capacity battery to be used and still CG with no issues. I did add another battery strap to the front though for extra assurance.

Comment

I wish we could have done more aerobatics instead of general flying with yours. We still had some room, but more people kept taking to the skies and some of the large 3D gassers were up at times doing hovering near the runway centerline. We had to constantly watch extra carefully to ensure enough separation. We'll eventually find a more open day at the field. It was a zoo that day. LOL. The gasser noise ruined the fun EDF sound we love. Bummerrrrrr. Thanks again for letting me fly your jet. It was great seeing you and everybody at the field.

It's a great flying jet and the Jetfan on 6S does a nice job adding some thrust and speed, while still remaining relatively light and agile. The power system is a bit heavier, so that allows a bit more capacity battery to be used and still CG with no issues. I did add another battery strap to the front though for extra assurance.
                            It was a blast, but yeah the noise was a bit excessive. The busyness and the noise never fails when we are doing radar runs or video. the noise doesn't affect the radar, but you can't make clean downwind passes over the runway. We should try to get down there during the week if possible, for some open skies. (maybe) Give me a holler if the opportinity arises. Thanks again for flying while I manned the camera. And thanks again to Tim for manning the radar gun. :-)
                            I did manage to get 4 flights of my own in. It was a busy day. I didn't even have a chance to fly my 10s Avanti mini (composite)

I always put velcro on the battery tray and on all my batteries. Then use one strap as well. Never had a battery move.
                            I tried to use a super light Revolectrix Graphine 6s, 40c, 4500' HV (4.35V) packs that I have for other jets, but they were just too light, to CG the plane, without moving the junction board. The 4400 Revo's worked just great, and I have 5 of them that are used the 200mph Habu.
                            For my 8s version, I have some old Revo 4s, 60C, 5000's, that were for my 8s Jetfan powered Freewing F-16. Those (at 4.20V) will be plenty enough power for the 8s, 1865 set up. It's going to be pretty hot with custom trust tube in it. Keep in mind the we are flying these setups with an outlet dia designed for the 12 blade freewing fan. The Avanti S outlet is 2.76" !! That's way bigger than the outlet of a stock HAbu 32. and is WAAAY more than 100%FSA of the Jetfan 80. I built, flew and videod miy 6s set up with the stock outlet, since most guys don't want to hassle making and fitting a custom thrust tube with reduced FSA.
                            My 8s version will have a custom tube. Squeeze that puppy (with a Jetfan EDF) down to 80-85%, and get some efflux velocity. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by efflux RC View Post

It was a blast, but yeah the noise was a bit excessive. The busyness and the noise never fails when we are doing radar runs or video. the noise doesn't affect the radar, but you can't make clean downwind passes over the runway. We should try to get down there during the week if possible, for some open skies. (maybe) Give me a holler if the opportinity arises. Thanks again for flying while I manned the camera. And thanks again to Tim for manning the radar gun. :-)
                              I did manage to get 4 flights of my own in. It was a busy day. I didn't even have a chance to fly my 10s Avanti mini (composite)

I always put velcro on the battery tray and on all my batteries. Then use one strap as well. Never had a battery move.
                              I tried to use a super light Revolectrix Graphine 6s, 40c, 4500' HV (4.35V) packs that I have for other jets, but they were just too light, to CG the plane, without moving the junction board. The 4400 Revo's worked just great, and I have 5 of them that are used the 200mph Habu.
                              For my 8s version, I have some old Revo 4s, 60C, 5000's, that were for my 8s Jetfan powered Freewing F-16. Those (at 4.20V) will be plenty enough power for the 8s, 1865 set up. It's going to be pretty hot with custom trust tube in it. Keep in mind the we are flying these setups with an outlet dia designed for the 12 blade freewing fan. The Avanti S outlet is 2.76" !! That's way bigger than the outlet of a stock HAbu 32. and is WAAAY more than 100%FSA of the Jetfan 80. I built, flew and videod miy 6s set up with the stock outlet, since most guys don't want to hassle making and fitting a custom thrust tube with reduced FSA.
                              My 8s version will have a custom tube. Squeeze that puppy (with a Jetfan EDF) down to 80-85%, and get some efflux velocity. :-)
                              Bingo. If I were going for all out speed, a thrust tube is a must. The stock outlet diameter does great for the stock fan unit, but the Jetfan needs much less. The thrust tube install looks like it would take some shaving of foam around the rear area of the EDF shroud to provide enough clearance for the tube. I'm looking forward to seeing your install.

We'll see if there is a week day I can make happen. It's such a fun time during the week when the field is almost completely open. Talk about a different experience than the weekends. Ha-ha

Comment

Bingo. If I were going for all out speed, a thrust tube is a must. The stock outlet diameter does great for the stock fan unit, but the Jetfan needs much less. The thrust tube install looks like it would take some shaving of foam around the rear area of the EDF shroud to provide enough clearance for the tube. I'm looking forward to seeing your install.

We'll see if there is a week day I can make happen. It's such a fun time during the week when the field is almost completely open. Talk about a different experience than the weekends. Ha-ha
                                Yeah just for the speed guys. May be too much effort for the PNP folks. But not much effort required, really. It would take more time to make the tube actually. Only the area where the tube slides over the fan (1/2") and maybe another 3/4-1" further down would need to be enlarged. It's certainly not as painstaking as installing the tube in my 142 mph (downwind speed) 6s, Habu 2 foamy. That was a pain casue the foam outlet got smaller and them bigger again. Use one of these 3M Flap wheels and it's a snap. :-)

Photos are the Habu 2 foamy.

Attached Files

Comment

• Stock Avanti S with Revo 6S 70C 5000 mAH GO pack charged to 4.2 per cell. Yes the 133 mph run was coming out of a decent dive. The others were all WOT and flat. I'd planned on going with the same JetFan / 1738 kV / 8S setup I'm using in my Habu but for now the Avanti is proving to be fun just the way it is

Comment

• Looks good Supertoyz, welcome to the Squawk and keep up the great videos !!

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Flying the Avanti today in 15+ mph winds... no problem! Used take off flap setting for landing, worked great!

Comment

• I saw the 80mm Avanti S first hand this weekend and it was a beast!! Very well done model and it has not bad habits of any kind! Awesome bird! I got the FMS 70mm Avanti because of its size and am very happy with it thus far too! What I noticed is that these are 2 totally different planes but they both fly amazing! Hats off to Freewing and FMS for these birds! I got a flight with it too... take a look...

Click image for larger version

Name:	19105947_10213460836741357_8287824409951658872_n.jpg?oh=471a9cccef553b692648ebb4ed854145&oe=59DB2E36.jpg
Views:	767
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	80760
                                        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• If you're having problems with batteries warmer than you like you might want to try this modification.

Comment

Working...
                                          X