X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Elbee​ is there an Stl available?
    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Real nice Elbee. Maybe After I get my printer this fall I can print some of your new items. Going to look great when you get done with it.
      Best Regards, Rex

Comment

• e4dragongunner, jetfool,

I will post myriad STL's when I finish the model.

Probably, add these to the Cockpit series of F-18C files at Prusa Printables.

It will take some time to sort and publish, but all the files will be free as usual.

Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
          Hey Korsair Kids, been busy with everything that is not RC airplanes for a few weeks, but I did manage to finalize the Strut Door and hinge design

Looks pretty okay, I think.

On to more filling/sanding then Minwax, then...well, y'all know how that goes.

Best, LB
          Rembrant or any of the artist would b proud.... will b more like a mini scale aircraft than a model anyone watch wesley unbox and assemble ( f4u 1600) ye im a tragic... the 2 xtra screws hold wing halfs tgether ,,, sure he nows that by now

Comment

• Elbee
            Elbee commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Aussie, and good catch on the video. I started it, but have not finished it. Good to see a different perspective on assembly. Freshens things up a bit. It is an amazing model, for sure. Best, LB

• I see now on motion that the decals come pre applied. Are these stickers or water slide? I was getting ready to buy this to do the Marines Dream livery but didn't really want to get into painting and all that. Should of bought it sooner I guess.

Comment

• My Corsair came with the decals installed. They came off fairly easy,take your time. I did repaint mine but the foam underneath was not harmed. This is a beautiful plane and I highly recommend it.
            Best Regards, Rex

Comment

• Rex thanks thats what I wanted really know. I plan on removing them and doing a differnt livery with the stock paint.

Comment

• Callie Graphics has the decals for Marines Dream. She made up my decals for my Ken Walsh Birdcage version and her prices are very reasonable. Check her website.
                Post pictures of your bird as you progress.
                Best Regards, Rex

Comment

• Hello Corsair fans, I recently bought this Fogel as well. Can someone please send me an instrument picture. Of course your great 3D files (STL) would also be very helpful.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	399
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	378779

Comment

• Originally posted by Rucky View Post
                    Hello Corsair fans, I recently bought this Fogel as well. Can someone please send me an instrument picture. Of course your great 3D files (STL) would also be very helpful.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	149.5 KB ID:	378779
                    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1052/4162/products/17_d9b0dbec-2808-47d8-ae2c-2c241696a121_1024x1024.jpg?v=1544455296 FlightLine F4U-1A Corsair 1600mm (63") Wingspan The F4U Corsair was a carrier-based and land-based aircraft developed during WWII. Its unique inverted sea-gull wing is its distinctive feature, as well

Rucky, check Post Number 24 on this page of this forum. All the STL files for the OEM Cockpit are there. Also, Callie Graphics has the "picture" that fits the IP. Best, LB
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I finished the repaint on my Corsair. I'm a long time, old school scale builder, so I wanted something quick to throw into the air. I gotta say I am very impressed by this foamie! I wanted something different. Having lived down under in New Zealand from 1995-2000, I decided a RNZAF scheme would be nice. I used Tamiya rattle cans. I thought I wouldn't need that much. Was I wrong! It's a big airplane. 6 cans of AS-19 Intermediate Blue, 3 AS-20 Insignia White, and 3 AS-26 Light Ghost Grey. Great paint, though. Next time I think I'll use Warbird Colors. It'll be cheaper. Weathering was done with Tamiya Black Panel Liner, black and grey chalk pastels, and artists oils with white spirits. These airplanes got absolutely filthy and beat up. The roundels were painted on with Tamiya acrylics using masking and my airbrush. Numbers, letters, and Irate Donald Duck are from Callie Graphics. Notice the roundels. When the RNZAF got the airplanes, they quickly overpainted the star and off the airplane went. No time for anything fancy. I'm thrilled with how it came out. In the photos, it looks much bluer than in real life. It's a more subdued colour than the photos make it look. Haven't flown it yet. Hoping to do that on Wednesday.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• vonJaerschky, She is a beauty!. Nicely done, Sir. Best, LB
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Great job, but make sure you have several sets of eyes on her, that blue is the perfect camo for a blue sky.

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

• First flights went great. Very impressed. Unlimited vertical, so heaps of power, but level speed is not stupid fast. Very easy to fly at scale speeds. Love it!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Congrats!

Comment

• Looks great in the air. Congratulations

Comment

• It does look amazing in the air!

Comment

• Hi you all,

It has probably been asked before, but i'm not keen on going trough all the pages again, but is there already an ( aftermarket?) replacement or fix for the weak LG ?
                                    Really a shame on such a nice plane...

Thanks,

Didier

Name:	P1050036.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	379374Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050034.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	379377

Name:	P1050033.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	379378
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Unfortunately there isn't. Not plopping the landing is the cure. Keep your airspeed up especially with full flaps.

Comment

• That s sad to hear, my landings are all smooth , running into the grass at low speed was enough to break one...

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                        X