Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a somewhat routine landing in heavy crosswind, actually did one 6" bounce, and the battery hatch door popped off. Taxied back and noticed the fuselage was cracked clean through at the back end of the battery compartment, held on only because of the wing. When I got it home, I noticed that this section is the weakest place of the entire fuselage, with several channels cut in it and the carbon fiber tube running along side the battery stops at this point; which makes no sense to me. I'm flying with a 5000mah battery and the Mr. RC Sound "speakers are just in front of the break point, so there is quite a lot of weight in the nose forward of the "weak" spot. Reinforced the channels with square wooden rods and carbon fiber rods running further forward and aft of the position, then epoxied the hell out of it. Wonder if anyone else is seeing this. Granted, some of my first landings when I got the plane were a little "rougher", so this crack must have been developing for some time. Just glad it didn't break loose in flight! That would have worthy of a video.

Got it back together, as you can see, and I think it's much more robust in that area.
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hi Hugh , this is a really impressive job , especially the ''sound maker'' .Thanks for sharing :Ligthbulb:

Comment

• Hi to all, I finally realized that we and we who live in Europe can enjoy buying quality models directly from: Motion RC Europe....They announced that they started in June from NetherlandLOL
        NOTE: My apologies I got here because, it's all about the Spitfire 1600, which I'll finally buy;)

Comment

• Where are people sticking a gyro. Sucks the little pocket behind the battery is oriented the wrong way.
          AMA 1102566

Comment

• Comment

• James announced in the recent Motion R/C video that there is a 3D cockpit upgrade available for this plane as well as a wingtip mod/3D printed pieces for a clipped and clapped version of the Spitfire. Any news on when these will be available??

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Hope it will be soon. Just finished putting my spitfire together. What a nice plane. The cockpit would just put this over the edge.

Comment

• Finally getting around to working on mine... Removed the cockpit floor to add a pilot from Warbird Pilots http://www.warbirdpilots.com/category_s/1850.htm with moving head. Repainted the interior RAF interior green and detailed the seat. Decided to paint the fuselage stripe instead of using decals... It is coming along!!!

Comment

• Looking forward to the 3D printed cockpit kit!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
                      Hope it will be soon. Just finished putting my spitfire together. What a nice plane. The cockpit would just put this over the edge.
                      She looks great!!! Welcome to Hobby Squawk!! Have a great weekend....

Comment

• The decal option for the leading edge of the wing didn't seem too fun to apply, or look to be very practical... So after an hour of masking, here are the results...

Comment

• I sprayed the rear stripe too as that decal solution was um not good.
                          AMA 1102566

Comment

• The nomenclature decals are poor as well, mine look hazy and peel off easily even with a coat of Minwax,

CALLIE!!

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                              The nomenclature decals are poor as well, mine look hazy and peel off easily even with a coat of Minwax,

CALLIE!!

Grossman56
                              I would rather masks be supplied. I can use a spray bomb or too
                              AMA 1102566

Comment

• I mixed the colors using Tamiya acrylics and spayed using a Badger basic gun... No need for the airbrush. Masks would be great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                  The nomenclature decals are poor as well, mine look hazy and peel off easily even with a coat of Minwax,

CALLIE!!

Grossman56
                                  I ordered them yesterday!!! :Cool: Callie is the best... https://callie-graphics.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

I ordered them yesterday!!! :Cool: Callie is the best... https://callie-graphics.com/
                                    I would prefer those in masks as well. Someone should ask her if she can make stencils.
                                    AMA 1102566

Comment

• Any rumors about the release of 3D files?

Comment

• I'm hovering over the order button when they are available!!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Hi Alpha, First I would like to personally thank you for designing such a beautiful Spitfire... I currently have two of them.
                                          I would like to suggest a couple of possible modification for the 1600mm Spitfire.
                                          Rudder modification which would retain the original hing points and control horn while providing a realistic profile of the teardrop design
                                          The proposed 3D printed Instrument panel maybe somewhat less than scale and may not fit my old warbird...?
                                          And, may I suggest that you up-size this Spitfire design one more time to a 2000+mm wingspan...
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by dblmars; Jun 25, 2018, 12:58 PM. Reason: word ommission...

Comment

Working...
                                          X