Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you. That's what the chat said. All is good. Just checking. Appreciate your reply.

Tony

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonybons View Post
      Thank you. That's what the chat said. All is good. Just checking. Appreciate your reply.

Tony
      Tony,

I hate to ask, but I'd feel worse if I didn't, and you managed to get her off the ground under 4s power.... You are using a series connector and not a parallel connect right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

Tony,

I hate to ask, but I'd feel worse if I didn't, and you managed to get her off the ground under 4s power.... You are using a series connector and not a parallel connect right?
        Phantom, Thank you for asking - better safe then sorry. I appreciate it. As I said I am new to this kind of aircraft. I haven't flown it yet. I have 2 admiral 4S 5000 mah batteries using the 2 batteries in and 1 line out connector that Motion sells. Is that correct?

I was going to post here today as well re CG. The manual says to balance at 190mm - RC Informer said in a video that 190 was tail heavy. I am currently at 180mm. What CG have you all felt is best. Thanks.

Tony

Comment

• Here is the connector..

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post

Tony,

I didn't actually answer your question - yes series connector as in pic above.

Tony

Comment

I just finished putting a Freewing F4 8S version together and everything works. I fly large scale aerobatic planes and turbines. This is my first electric. I am using 2 4S batteries connected to the motion 2 into 1 connector. I have been chatting with Motion on this question but thought I would also post it here. I am not getting the 8 beeps denoting my 8s setup when I plug my battery in. I have plugged it in with the UBEC switch on and off and still not getting the beeps. I get a long tone then 3 beeps and another long tone.. I have initialized the ESC following the steps and the video on the motion site and again have done this with the UBEC switch on and off and I am putting throttle stick up and down and instructed always with throttle trim low. the chat said not to worry about the beeps if everything is working. Has anyone experienced this. Thanks. Tony
              So you have the throttle trim all the way down, transmitter on, throttle all the way up at 100% then connect the batteries and turn on the switch? Get a couple of beeps then retard the throttle? Still not getting the 8 beeps after all that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogietrim View Post

So you have the throttle trim all the way down, transmitter on, throttle all the way up at 100% then connect the batteries and turn on the switch? Get a couple of beeps then retard the throttle? Still not getting the 8 beeps after all that?
                I have done this process a couple of times and repeated it with the UBEC switch on and off - turn on radio, throttle stick to high and trim at low, plug in the batteries, i get 2 beeps and then a longer tone, throttle stick to low and get a couple of beeps then a longer tone and,everything works perfectly. Turn off batteries and radio then turn on and I get a long tone, 3 beeps and a longer tone. Everything perfect. I have only done a taxi test today but did not fly so I can't tell if I am getting 8S thrust..

Comment

I have done this process a couple of times and repeated it with the UBEC switch on and off - turn on radio, throttle stick to high and trim at low, plug in the batteries, i get 2 beeps and then a longer tone, throttle stick to low and get a couple of beeps then a longer tone and,everything works perfectly. Turn off batteries and radio then turn on and I get a long tone, 3 beeps and a longer tone. Everything perfect. I have only done a taxi test today but did not fly so I can't tell if I am getting 8S thrust..
                  I think the above is exactly as described on the Motion site video. I definitely do not get all the beeps the video describes. I was wondering if my using the in series connector is affecting that. I am considering re-linking my tx to rx. Also the person I was chatting with on motion said its ok as long as everything is working. I also spoke to a club member of mine that is flying a Freewing F22 on 8S and he also does not get 8 beeps. It doesn't make sense to me which is why I am still questioning and I am open to any thoughts and input on this. Thanks for your help.

Tony

Comment

• Finally got my JF90 with a HET 700-68-1500 installed in my F-4. Flew it four times today and really like this combo. I’m running 6+2 config 5200mah packs. Started off at the book
                    C/G and move the batteries back each flight.

1st was the stock 6s set up, went to the stock 8s, but the current JF set up is by far!

Evan D Thank you for the recommendation!

Comment

• Cool!

Comment

• Originally posted by John Bergsmith View Post
                        Finally got my JF90 with a HET 700-68-1500 installed in my F-4. Flew it four times today and really like this combo. I’m running 6+2 config 5200mah packs. Started off at the book
                        C/G and move the batteries back each flight.

1st was the stock 6s set up, went to the stock 8s, but the current JF set up is by far!

Evan D Thank you for the recommendation!
                        John B, So 1st flight at manual CG. Do you know where your CG is after you moved batteries.

thanks. Tony

Comment

John B, So 1st flight at manual CG. Do you know where your CG is after you moved batteries.

thanks. Tony
                          Hi Tony,

To be honest I have no idea. I started at the specified CG and move the battery back each flight until it feels right. Unfortunately I never figure out where the actual CG is in terms of a measurement. Maybe I should.
                          I think over the next few flights the batteries will move back some more.

That being said, the specified CG for the F-4 is a good starting point. Sorry I can help you more.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Bergsmith View Post

Hi Tony,

To be honest I have no idea. I started at the specified CG and move the battery back each flight until it feels right. Unfortunately I never figure out where the actual CG is in terms of a measurement. Maybe I should.
                            I think over the next few flights the batteries will move back some more.

That being said, the specified CG for the F-4 is a good starting point. Sorry I can help you more.
                            Thanks John. That's helpful. I watched an RC Informer maiden video where he stated that 190mm was too far back and was suggesting 170mm and I haven't seen anything else where he changed that view. Since that video, everyone that has commented on this thread and others has stated the opposite. I have set my CG at the 190mm and as you say once I start adjusting to get the right feel, I never go back to check. I also made the elevator mod last night using he suggested Hitec 5245 with 4-40 turnbuckles and 4-40 hardware that I use on my turbines. Is your F4 the 8S version. If so, are you getting the 8 beeps when you power up. Just curious.

Comment

• I’m between 195 and 200mm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                I’m between 195 and 200mm.
                                Interesting. Thank you. Maiden later this week. My ongoing question - If you are flying an 8S version - do you get the 8 beeps. As stated in previous posts - I am using 2 4S 5000 batteries connected in series using a Motion 2 -1 series connector and when I plug in I get a long tone followed by 3 beeps and a longer tone. Does this sound normal.
                                Tony

Comment

• Agree with Evan D , I fly mine on a RT 6250 mah 35C (stock outrunner) at about 195-197 mm and get about 4 1/2 minutes of aggressive flying. Got 4 flights in today on the F-4 and four flights each on 3 others, the more I fly it, the more I like it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200601_090502.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	247.1 KB
ID:	257579
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Thank you Hugh. Very helpful.

Tony

Comment

• Hugh, I meant to also say your jets look great. Love the phantom. I'm waiting on Callie Graphics for this scheme

Comment

Hugh, I meant to also say your jets look great. Love the phantom. I'm waiting on Callie Graphics for this scheme
                                        That's going to be one sharp looking Phantom, I love all the different graphics Callie has for this and you picked a great one.
                                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Thanks Hugh. I have 1 more pre maiden question for the group - are you flying with aileron, elevator and flap throws included in the manual. I initially set up my throws to what I felt were the right deflections and they are lower than what the manual shows. Just curious what you all are using Thanks.

tony

Comment

Working...
                                          X