Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey RCjetDude. Just wondering how much battery you had left after your flights. I have the 8S version set up on one 6S Admiral 5000 (50c) and one 2S Admiral 5000 (60c) to get to my 8S. Temps are great here in Oklahoma but 20 mph winds a bit more than I want to tackle for a maiden in a light weight foam jet.

Comment

• Waiting on my receiver to arrive but I got my Fms fan and 150a esc mounted. I’m going to go with a full mix taileron setup. Just wondering if I should mix in some ailerons like on the f14 rcgeeks setup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
        Waiting on my receiver to arrive but I got my Fms fan and 150a esc mounted. I’m going to go with a full mix taileron setup. Just wondering if I should mix in some ailerons like on the f14 rcgeeks setup.

I'd recommend programming two flight conditions in your radio, that will allow you to toggle a switch to enable Aileron mixing. That way, you can evaluate the merits of either configuration. However, before you do all that I'd recommend first maidening in the configuration I set in the manual. This will give you a benchmark for how we intended the model's flying surfaces to be configured, from which you can then experiment and draw your own conclusions as to which is more advantageous for your flying style.

As for throws, I always program three rates, with the manual's rates being either High or Middle. It's nice to have at least one seeing lower than that.
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Near as I can tell based on an internet search, here's where the extra decals go on the bottom. I have no idea where the extra two large decals would go.
          Pat

Comment

• 4th flight. https://youtu.be/QiQ5_gg-OMY

Comment

• Originally posted by sailing1 View Post
              Hey RCjetDude. Just wondering how much battery you had left after your flights. I have the 8S version set up on one 6S Admiral 5000 (50c) and one 2S Admiral 5000 (60c) to get to my 8S. Temps are great here in Oklahoma but 20 mph winds a bit more than I want to tackle for a maiden in a light weight foam jet.
              For the second flight I had 52% left.

Comment

• Originally posted by sailing1 View Post
                Hey RCjetDude. Just wondering how much battery you had left after your flights. I have the 8S version set up on one 6S Admiral 5000 (50c) and one 2S Admiral 5000 (60c) to get to my 8S. Temps are great here in Oklahoma but 20 mph winds a bit more than I want to tackle for a maiden in a light weight foam jet.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                  Near as I can tell based on an internet search, here's where the extra decals go on the bottom. I have no idea where the extra two large decals would go.
                  You're right, Pat. The four dark rectangles go on the central belly, and the two squares (one light gray and one dark gray) go on the forward belly just aft of the intakes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wx_camera_1544291372951.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	166117
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by JazzmanB View Post
                    Smooth flying. 6s or 8s? Everything set up by the book?

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

That's nice to hear. 3 min flight times or 3:30?

Comment

• Originally posted by WAY BAD View Post

That's nice to hear. 3 min flight times or 3:30?
                      My timer was set to 3 minutes so I think it could attain 3-1/2 to 4 minutes with throttle management. I doesn't need a heavy throttle stick to fly well.

Comment

• Rite on. Yeah, you can tell from the videos so far, it looks very efficient in the air.

Comment

• So is everyone liking the C/G call out in the Manual ?

Comment

• [QUOTE=WAY BAD;n166130]

Thx, 6s fms 1900kv. Very light setup. The only thing by the book or close was cg and their 5mm of up elevator for neutral is perfect. I dont even look at recommended throws. I just fly: and setup how i like) Lots of elevator btw!!:)

Comment

• [QUOTE=JazzmanB;n166168]
                              Originally posted by WAY BAD View Post

Thx, 6s fms 1900kv. Very light setup. The only thing by the book or close was cg and their 5mm of up elevator for neutral is perfect. I dont even look at recommended throws. I just fly: and setup how i like) Lots of elevator btw!!:)
                              https://youtu.be/F6knuyy72IE
                              I’m going with same setup. Glad to see it work well.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DF73B3E8-8A1B-4050-A06B-ADD4ACC7900B.jpeg
Views:	679
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	166228Click image for larger version

Name:	4A22758B-4EE3-47C2-8A9B-0A9A2B89D640.jpeg
Views:	650
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	166229Click image for larger version

Name:	6E828A10-BB87-42E4-BDE9-0F409905A27F.jpeg
Views:	673
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	166227Click image for larger version

Name:	D9825A49-70CF-434F-BA93-87B10DCCF614.jpeg
Views:	661
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	166226Click image for larger version

Name:	4EB26017-10CA-427E-AE7A-FF42A3440857.jpeg
Views:	726
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	166225 The quality of this F-22 is outstanding! I’ve noticed Freewing didn’t use lightening holes on the battery tray. Since I have the 8S version I’d like to save as much weight as possible. I’ll probably cut the battery tray the same as in the F-4 Phantom. I saved about a half ounce in my A-4 Skyhawk.

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

You got a link to what you used?
                                  You'll love this stuff.
                                  TiredIron Aviation
                                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

You'll love this stuff.
                                    Thanks George!

Comment

• I made some notations about where to actually place the decals on the bottom per Alpha's reply.
                                      Pat

Comment

• Thanks Pat- that's helpful! I wonder what they mean?
                                        Hey, look what arrived yesterday! (Not the dogs, they were already here.) A quick examination showed no damage and a beautiful model and away it went till the 25th- c'mon Christmas!
                                        Tom

Comment

• For those who couldn't wait till Christmas day and have already assembled the Raptor, could you help me confirm/clarify one step in the assembly process:

When attaching the horizontal stab to the fuselage the manual calls for two 3x10mm screws to secure the pivot rod to the fuselage. The only screws I can find in the parts bag this size are these pan head self tapping screws. Once fully screwed in, the outer screw does not sit flush with the fuselage. It is protruding out by about 1/4" from the hole. Does this look correct? Wanted to make sure I'm not using the wrong screws.

Comment

Working...
                                          X