X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post

Kallend So you tell me?How does .008 kg. going to raise the load substantially on the new heavier servo's for the horizontal stabilizers? Stock stabilizer .058 kg. Sealed sanded and painted stab. .066 kg. That is only an added weight of the finished stab just a tad over 1/4 oz. by .003 kg.
    Location of the pivot point is sub-sub-optimal. Talking aero loads, not weight.

See, for example, posts 2712 and 2842 in this thread

Comment

• thanks for the info. Understood. Just use a bigger servo as far as all the math I am sure the people who designed this jet had all this done. I have seen some using servo's on the tail of this bird I personally would not use in a small trainer. One thing back there I got rid of before starting was the metal clevis on the short aluminum horn and there are many other changes I will make before I am done. My Old SU 30 is getting tired, but with all the upkeep and maintenance is still flying and looks the same as It did the first time I flew it. The MIG 29 will be a nice addition to my hangar

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post
        thanks for the info. Understood. Just use a bigger servo as far as all the math I am sure the people who designed this jet had all this done.
        I'm not. Otherwise why would they have had to put out service bulletins and provide new servos after the early releases started crashing?

Comment

• I would love to see the Red Star twin 80mm Mig29 offered in the USA so I contacted Motion RC since its available at RC-Castle. Here is the response I got back.

​​​​​​"Joseph---we currently have no plans to offer the Red Star variant--as it was developed for the Asian market by Freewing. However, if enough customers show interest on HobbySquawk, it may be considered.

Best-

Mike@Motion RC Support"

I'm not sure which forum we have to make our voices heard if were interested in the red star variant but I definitely would buy one!! Who else is interested.

Comment

• The Mig-29 Red Star is on the way to Motion RC. They are already on the water. We have the version which includes Thrust Vectoring on the way. The customer service team is great at supporting customers with existing products but they they have no knowledge of what new products are on the way to Motion RC. I work with Freewing directly on all the ordering and I generally keep what I've ordered to myself (loose lips sink ships, etc). 🤣 I'd like to do a pre-order to figure out the level of interest. It is an expensive plane since this is the version which has thrust vectoring included. Given the livery of the plane, I figured thrust vectoring is a must on this livery. As soon as Alpha can get me some pictures, we will start a pre-order. If the first batch runs out, I'll order more. clear as mud?

Comment

• Thanks Tom!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                The Mig-29 Red Star is on the way to Motion RC. They are already on the water. We have the version which includes Thrust Vectoring on the way. The customer service team is great at supporting customers with existing products but they they have no knowledge of what new products are on the way to Motion RC. I work with Freewing directly on all the ordering and I generally keep what I've ordered to myself (loose lips sink ships, etc). 🤣 I'd like to do a pre-order to figure out the level of interest. It is an expensive plane since this is the version which has thrust vectoring included. Given the livery of the plane, I figured thrust vectoring is a must on this livery. As soon as Alpha can get me some pictures, we will start a pre-order. If the first batch runs out, I'll order more. clear as mud?
                Great!
                Will the EU get these too?

Comment

The Mig-29 Red Star is on the way to Motion RC. They are already on the water. We have the version which includes Thrust Vectoring on the way. The customer service team is great at supporting customers with existing products but they they have no knowledge of what new products are on the way to Motion RC. I work with Freewing directly on all the ordering and I generally keep what I've ordered to myself (loose lips sink ships, etc). 🤣 I'd like to do a pre-order to figure out the level of interest. It is an expensive plane since this is the version which has thrust vectoring included. Given the livery of the plane, I figured thrust vectoring is a must on this livery. As soon as Alpha can get me some pictures, we will start a pre-order. If the first batch runs out, I'll order more. clear as mud?
                  Wonderful news! My VT-equipped grey one needs a friend! My only regret is not waiting for the Red Star one to come out first.

Comment

I am a bit bummed. My "normal" Mig is on its way here as I type this with the thrust vectoring upgrade etc. I guess i can always just return it and wait for the Red Star. I have too many planes as it is, and my wife will kill me if i buy twins..

Comment

• I know someone must have posted this, but can someone point me to the post for the TV setup? Just curious regarding pct of throw to each channel (elevator/rudder) in the mix people are using? Do you vary by flight modes? For those with Gyros do people have different Gyro settings per flight mode with TV? I fly Jeti so i can go rather nuts with settings but need a place to start.

Comment

• I have 100% on all three axis but on yaw I added a bit of expo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                          I have 100% on all three axis but on yaw I added a bit of expo.
                          Ty.. qq... so you have them mixed to pitch yaw and roll? I was only planning on mixing them to the pitch and yaw.

Comment

• Yes, all three.

I also did other mixing, full span ailerons, tailerons, crow and rudder air brakes. It all makes for a fun plane. And it's always a crowd pleaser. I still am not real comfortable with this plane as it still surprises me now and then getting into alpha lock at inopportune times like after a pitch flip or snap. Yes, the TVs allow you to get out of it but that split second to a full second is a clencher. Needless to say there are things I don't do low that I would with other planes.

Comment

Yes, all three.

I also did other mixing, full span ailerons, tailerons, crow and rudder air brakes. It all makes for a fun plane. And it's always a crowd pleaser. I still am not real comfortable with this plane as it still surprises me now and then getting into alpha lock at inopportune times like after a pitch flip or snap. Yes, the TVs allow you to get out of it but that split second to a full second is a clencher. Needless to say there are things I don't do low that I would with other planes.
                              Just figuring out full span allerions and tailerons, i might keep it simple to start and work up to rocking all 3 :D.

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post

Great!
                                Will the EU get these too?
                                We will have the Mig-29 Red Star with Thrust Vectoring in the EU as well but we do not have a shipment that left the Freewing factory just yet. Freewing is making them now. The USA pre-order will start in an hour or so. I'll post a link when we get it online. We don't have a lot in this first batch so please grab one if you want one. I was not sure how everyone would react to the Red Star scheme and the price (which is higher since the thrust vectoring with extra servos is included) so I went real conservative on the initial batch. Freewing is making more but they are likely a couple months away from reaching the USA and EU.

Comment

• On line, expected Dec 7th... Freewing MiG-29 Fulcrum Red Star Twin 80mm EDF Jet with Thrust Vectoring - PNP [FJ31621P] Motion RC

Comment

• Freewing Mig 29 Red StarMan, you are fast 😆 - you beat me to it! You can see by the ETA, the wait is not long. ETA is next week!

https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...g-pnp-fj31621p

Comment

• She’s beautiful Tom!

Comment

She’s beautiful Tom!
                                        It truly is. If I didn't already have the grey one and the earlier smaller version, I'd gravitate to this one like a bear to honey.
                                        This is my smaller one, also made by Freewing but made for SebArt (in Italy), from 7 years ago. I still have it although it's got many battle scars from all the flights its had. It's a twin 70mm, thrust vectored, skids for landing and strictly hand launched. The livery is the same and it is very striking in the air. I won't embed the video so it doesn't distract from the "star" of this part of the thread, but I'll just put the link so it's available for those who desire it. (7 year old hat cam tech.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfwoMow22Dg

Comment

We will have the Mig-29 Red Star with Thrust Vectoring in the EU as well but we do not have a shipment that left the Freewing factory just yet. Freewing is making them now. The USA pre-order will start in an hour or so. I'll post a link when we get it online. We don't have a lot in this first batch so please grab one if you want one. I was not sure how everyone would react to the Red Star scheme and the price (which is higher since the thrust vectoring with extra servos is included) so I went real conservative on the initial batch. Freewing is making more but they are likely a couple months away from reaching the USA and EU.
                                          Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Working...
                                          X