Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help reqd. Having a brain fart moment and need confirmation, having moved the reciever and control board back on my Typhoon Ive plugged everything back in and check its working, which it is, but Im getting confused over the way the canards work. When you apply up elevator do the front of the canards go up or down. I should know this but............................Thanks in advance

Comment

• Easiest way to think about it is a canard delta pitches through the air as if the control surfaces are running inside a bowl

Comment

• They go up. Up elevator front of canards go up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurridriver View Post
          Help reqd. Having a brain fart moment and need confirmation, having moved the reciever and control board back on my Typhoon Ive plugged everything back in and check its working, which it is, but Im getting confused over the way the canards work. When you apply up elevator do the front of the canards go up or down. I should know this but............................Thanks in advance
          I think of it the easy way, I look at the trailing edges of the control surfaces, opposite of each other...

Comment

• V for victory. up = V, down = /\

Gravy

Comment

• Customized my "Dual Personality" Motion RC 90mm Eurofighter....

Mildly-Aggressive or Ferocious!!!

Your intercept approach dictates the personality response....​
              Attached Files

Comment

• I got the last of the decals on the tail and fin and added turbine wheel lines to fuse. The back line is supposed to be red but I didn't have red so it is black. The whole jet was given 2 coats of flat Polycrylic to take the sheen off the vinyl and give everything the same finish. Anyway its all done and ready to fly again.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Duplicate post removed
                  Last edited by viper1gj; Jun 16, 2023, 06:43 PM. Reason: Duplicate post

Comment

• Wow, lots of great liveries on this one. So I'll throw my hat in as well. Finally finished my "Bronze Tiger" Eurofighter. This one was extremely tedious for me , but it definitely is highly visible. It's the 8S version and I'm flying it on 2 HiV SMC 4S 4400's. The quality of the foam and hardware is certainly one of their best, I'm very impressed with it. Finished it off with 4 coats of clear gloss Spar Urethane which gives it a nice shiny hard surface.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230531_180203.jpg Views:	0 Size:	164.4 KB ID:	380281Click image for larger version  Name:	20230602_171013.jpg Views:	0 Size:	130.1 KB ID:	380282Click image for larger version  Name:	20230621_173858.jpg Views:	0 Size:	385.0 KB ID:	380283Click image for larger version  Name:	20230621_174102.jpg Views:	0 Size:	364.0 KB ID:	380284Click image for larger version  Name:	20230621_174642.jpg Views:	0 Size:	297.8 KB ID:	380285Click image for larger version  Name:	20230621_180417.jpg Views:	0 Size:	262.4 KB ID:	380286 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230621_200617.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	380293

With it's twin brother from another mother:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230621_183227.jpg Views:	0 Size:	151.2 KB ID:	380288Click image for larger version  Name:	20230621_183319.jpg Views:	0 Size:	148.4 KB ID:	380289
                    Attached Files
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Looks great as always Hugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                        Wow, lots of great liveries on this one. So I'll throw my hat in as well. Finally finished my "Bronze Tiger" Eurofighter. This one was extremely tedious for me but it definitely is highly visible. It's the 8S version and I'm flying it on 2 HiV SMC 4S 4400's. The quality of the foam and hardware is certainly one of their best, I'm very impressed with it. Finished it off with 4 coats of clear gloss Spar Urethane which gives it a nice shiny hard surface.
                        Wow, that thing is awesome! How did you put on the black and white stripes and get the green graphics in the black stripes?
                        Gary

Comment

• Originally posted by viper1gj View Post

Wow, that thing is awesome! How did you put on the black and white stripes and get the green graphics in the black stripes?
                          Gary
                          Callie did the graphics for me which had the green eyes and black with white areas where needed, including the tail & canards. Although about 1/2 of the stripes are my own painting (mostly on the bottom and armaments) so it would look like the real Bronze Tiger and since I like a lot of tiger stripes.

This is the real version, and the only thing I did a little different was have the orange blead into a yellow on the canards, tail and outside wingtips:

Click image for larger version

Name:	EuroFighter 5.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	380295
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• This is what Callie's graphic sheet looked like: I actually got 2 sets (6 huge pages in all) so I would have extra stripes or in case I messed up (quite common for me). Still had to do a lot of hand painting with gloss black to finish off the stripes and virtually the entire bottom is hand painted. The graphic sheets looked like a puzzle in hieroglyphics and I can honestly say I never really solved it more than maybe 50%.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230530_173321.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	380317Click image for larger version

Name:	20230530_173221.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	380318
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Callie did the graphics for me which had the green eyes and black with white areas where needed, including the tail & canards. Although about 1/2 of the stripes are my own painting (mostly on the bottom and armaments) so it would look like the real Bronze Tiger and since I like a lot of tiger stripes.
                              Nice work! After doing just my simple graphics I know it was a lot of work. Gary

Comment

• Short video on the maiden of the "Bronze Tiger". This aircraft flies exceptionally well and lands smoothly. They did a great job with this one!

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

...maiden of the "Bronze Tiger".
                                  Hugh, she is a marvelous flyer and one good-lookin' aircraft. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Short video on the maiden of the "Bronze Tiger". This aircraft flies exceptionally well and lands smoothly. They did a great job with this one!
                                    Nice nozzles.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Nice nozzles.
                                      Yes they are quite outstanding. Clearly created by the "Master Designer"! Thanks for making them available on Thingiverse.
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Hi all. I'm thinking of getting the Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon but I think I want to chose my own EDF and ESC so I'm thinking ARTF. Before I take the plunge I could do with understanding how to install the EDF/ESC and 'seal' the model back up for flight. I've seen the PnP manual online but it obviously doesn't cover EDF/ESC fitting. Does anyone know if there is a ARTF manual out there I could download and peruse? Cheers in advance. Phil.

Comment

• It’s easy, hatch on the bottom. I’m sending you a private message.

Comment

Working...
                                          X