Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With some Spektrum and Spektrum compatible RX's (like Lemon or Admiral), you need to stand about 10+ feet away from the plane before you try to bind. If too close, "Bind failed".

Comment

• Also, 2.4 ghz WiFi and computer peripherals (wireless mouse and keyboard) can interfere with binding
      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• This was just a really rough day at the field. Thanks for all the tips. I'm going to work on this at home on the bench.

I also burnt up an aleron servo on my Extreme Flite MXS, and busted up the nose gear on my FW A-10. I need a couple days to clear my head.

Comment

• They do look good together

Comment

• Originally posted by hamburgrd View Post
            They do look good together
            The Avanti looks tiny ... and it's not ! :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hemidoo View Post

The Avanti looks tiny ... and it's not ! :-)
              Perspective! The Carbon Z Cub is huge (2m span) and yet, it looks small in the picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                Also, 2.4 ghz WiFi and computer peripherals (wireless mouse and keyboard) can interfere with binding
                Yet another reason the 2.4GHz band is a bad idea for RC applications.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach9 View Post

Yet another reason the 2.4GHz band is a bad idea for RC applications.
                  Any band can have issues...

The power of the WiFi and computer peripherals is low, but if you are in the same room as the device that is transmitting it can interfere with binding. Move to another room an it will bind fine, then you can fly an indoor micro and land it on the 2.4 ghz keyboard.

I used to land my Blade MSR (appx 6 inch 4 channel heli) on my cat while he was sitting on the 2.4 ghz keyboard.

Comment

• Originally posted by fhhuber View Post

Any band can have issues...

The power of the WiFi and computer peripherals is low, but if you are in the same room as the device that is transmitting it can interfere with binding. Move to another room an it will bind fine, then you can fly an indoor micro and land it on the 2.4 ghz keyboard.

I used to land my Blade MSR (appx 6 inch 4 channel heli) on my cat while he was sitting on the 2.4 ghz keyboard.
                    Video is a must! Did the cat move? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post

Video is a must! Did the cat move? LOL
                      Lol ! I get the "Harry eyeball " from my cat all the time when i'm spooling up testing my jets on the bench .

Comment

• Cat didn't care.

Comment

• Awe got the anti reaction bummer.:(

Comment

• Here's the typical crabby azz expression from my cat.

Comment

• Still have the MSR...

Comment

• Originally posted by hamburgrd View Post
                                This was just a really rough day at the field. Thanks for all the tips. I'm going to work on this at home on the bench.

I also burnt up an aleron servo on my Extreme Flite MXS, and busted up the nose gear on my FW A-10. I need a couple days to clear my head.
                                People think I'm weird. I never take anymore than 2 planes to the field at a time. I figure worst case is I may mess up two of em in just one day. If I'm feeling a little off, I just spend time with my friends, visit and never fly the second one. Different for everyone I guess. Sorry to hear ya had a bad day mate. Being a real pilot, I tend to go over these things multiple times in very detailed settings. Get em fixed, and get back at it.

Hope ya have a better day next time.

Woody

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                                  Avanti no2 ready for maiden... :)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1713.JPG
Views:	1385
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	114141Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1706.JPG
Views:	1433
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	114142Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1709.JPG
Views:	1403
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	114143Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1705.JPG
Views:	1458
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	114144Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1714.JPG
Views:	1365
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	114145
                                  I was asking someone that has a 3D printer that printed a exhaust but he hasn't figure it out. My afterburner is just clue to the rear. Were can I get a exhaust ring that will fit over my afterburner?
                                  Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by SmokeNgun View Post

I was asking someone that has a 3D printer that printed a exhaust but he hasn't figure it out. My afterburner is just clue to the rear. Were can I get a exhaust ring that will fit over my afterburner?
                                    Thanks
                                    What's shown in those pictures is not a 3D printed exhaust. I believe it's an f-16 nozzle sold by MRC for $2.49 (you have to cut and trim it to size). That's what I used. https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...mm-tail-nozzle

Comment

• I used this one on mine , fits pretty good with little trimming

Comment

• Not a great pic with my Avanti hanging from my shop ceiling, but you get the idea

Comment

• Originally posted by Planeclothes View Post

What's shown in those pictures is not a 3D printed exhaust. I believe it's an f-16 nozzle sold by MRC for $2.49 (you have to cut and trim it to size). That's what I used. https://www.motionrc.com/products/fr...mm-tail-nozzle
                                          Thanks for the tip

Comment

Working...
                                          X