First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RanGee View Post

I've seen a few forum members using this product with mixed success:
    https://soloshot.com/collections/soloshot3
    So it does exist. As I said though. Need a more affordable version for our market lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
      So, that's what it's like to fly with "kids". It looked like semi-disorganized chaos and with expensive planes. Too much yelling and talking, not enough cooperation. They didn't even wait for you to get your camera checked. They're your "friends", right?
      It was a blast!!! It did seem disorganized and maybe it was but this hobby is supposed to be one thing... FUN!!! OMG was it ever too!! I LOVE flying with kids! They energize the group and will keep you on your toes big time! They are all really good pilots too! These kids are all a blast to fly with and I enjoy every minute with them. This was not a planned flight so we get a lil out of hand but hey it was fun... here is another video from that same day with the kids putting on a really good show with their new Havocs after I balanced their fans for them... We gotta understand something here... kids could be out doing lots of other horrible things... but instead these guys are out at the field doing something like this which is so good for the community!

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlbrainiac View Post
        Sorry people never meant to offend anyone. Just you really can't see anything. I too have tried the hat cam thing but it just doesnt work. I'm amazed someone hasn't come up with a method of developing some software where by you have a targeting chip on board the model for the camera to lock on to and then set the desired zoom level for any given distance. With a remote override for the zoom on a switch on your transmitter to zoom out when you want to capture a whole manoeuvre like a loop for example rather than just the model going inverted.
        I'm sure that kind of technology must already exist. Would just be a case of a whiz kid developing the software and hardware to make it work and hopefully make it affordable for our market.
        I get what you are saying but we can't have a film crew chase us around with all that equipment to show off our toys. I really wish I did!! But also keep in mind that if you try to do this from your phone that is your own fault... LOL What works really well is watching them on your tv at home. I have the youtube APP on my TV and watch it that way...
        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

It was a blast!!! It did seem disorganized and maybe it was but this hobby is supposed to be one thing... FUN!!! OMG was it ever too!! I LOVE flying with kids! They energize the group and will keep you on your toes big time! They are all really good pilots too! These kids are all a blast to fly with and I enjoy every minute with them. This was not a planned flight so we get a lil out of hand but hey it was fun... here is another video from that same day with the kids putting on a really good show with their new Havocs after I balanced their fans for them... We gotta understand something here... kids could be out doing lots of other horrible things... but instead these guys are out at the field doing something like this which is so good for the community!

Before the old field closed last year and everyone went their separate ways, we used to group fly with HobbyKing Arctic Cats. We've had up to 6 of them in the air at once. Yes, it was chaos, but fun, thrilling and scary all at the same time. Best giggles and farts EVER!

Comment

• As for the "hat cam" thing, this will be one of the few times that I will publicly agree with "Fred". I do videos with my hat cam for ME, not for anyone else. Sometimes, someone will post up a question and the best answer is to show the video or when they ask, "Where are the videos?" In fact, many of my videos aren't even loaded to YouTube and those that are, some are even "private". A hat cam is all I've got. Not being able to see anything on a hat cam video is no different than NOT clicking on it and moving on. In both cases, you see nothing except that you've saved yourself some personal angst when you don't click on it. I mean, how hard is it to NOT click on it or to exit the video as soon as you realize it's a hat cam.
            Oh, and I'm NOT going to spend $900.00 for a self operating video camera (that may or may not work anyway) just so some people are happy with the resultant video. They weren't for you. I will no longer be posting videos on this forum without a "hat cam" warning. Or I'll just PM the video to anyone who needs an answer that the video will deal with.

Comment

• I've started setting up my Olympus P&S camera on a tripod, looking down the runway for some of my flights. It doesn't track at all, but I get video of take-off, landing, and some of the passes (depending on plane altitude). This, also, doesn't tend to produce Youtube-worthy video, but does give me the opportunity to pull screen-grabs for still photos of the planes in flight. I tried putting the GoPro on my hat, but not real happy with how that works. Most of my flight videos are taken from the plane's perspective with the keychain cameras. I already have a mount built for the maiden of my A-10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                but I get video of take-off, landing, and some of the passes (depending on plane altitude).
                You have homed in on my intentions precisely. Take-off, landing and some passes are pretty much all I'm interested in when I view other peoples' videos and that's all I focus on in my videos. If someone has a cameraman to zoom in, I consider that a bonus, but without it, I don't consider the video to be a waste of time.
                Come to think of it, a narrow field of view hat cam can accomplish these goals, too. At least with that, I can track a low pass and on my home computer on full screen and some magnification, even a YouTube video can show distance objects to give an idea of what's going on, not that when I fly further away, I'm trying to do exciting things anyway - even with real, live, human eyes, you can't see that well either.

Comment

As for the "hat cam" thing, this will be one of the few times that I will publicly agree with "Fred". I do videos with my hat cam for ME, not for anyone else. Sometimes, someone will post up a question and the best answer is to show the video or when they ask, "Where are the videos?" In fact, many of my videos aren't even loaded to YouTube and those that are, some are even "private". A hat cam is all I've got. Not being able to see anything on a hat cam video is no different than NOT clicking on it and moving on. In both cases, you see nothing except that you've saved yourself some personal angst when you don't click on it. I mean, how hard is it to NOT click on it or to exit the video as soon as you realize it's a hat cam.
                  Oh, and I'm NOT going to spend $900.00 for a self operating video camera (that may or may not work anyway) just so some people are happy with the resultant video. They weren't for you. I will no longer be posting videos on this forum without a "hat cam" warning. Or I'll just PM the video to anyone who needs an answer that the video will deal with.
                  I would have to agree with you xviper, those video of nosy dust particles chasing each other makes no sense; I typically post only those I feel that have value to others (like maiden flights, mishaps, etc.). Although I try to capture every flight, I only upload a selective few of those videos. I would love to get one of those Soloshots however at $900, it does seem a bit out of reach.

Comment

• Originally posted by RanGee View Post

I would have to agree with you xviper, those video of nosy dust particles chasing each other makes no sense; I typically post only those I feel that have value to others (like maiden flights, mishaps, etc.). Although I try to capture every flight, I only upload a selective few of those videos. I would love to get one of those Soloshots however at $900, it does seem a bit out of reach.
                    Those solos got camera are good but they aren’t their yet with the technology. Often times you end up with the particle chasing one another
                    Planes
                    -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                    -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post

Those solos got camera are good but they aren’t their yet with the technology. Often times you end up with the particle chasing one another
                      They can work but tend to be more like a drunk friend that cant find the plane for some of the flight... LOL!!

Comment

• Lol!! Drunk friend
                        Planes
                        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Latest update. Most of the graphics are on. Need a few changes from Callie and need to finish and install the wingtip and front fuse formation lights then some weathering. I like how it is turning out.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190807_224706.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.2 KB ID:	209544

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190807_224724.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.1 KB ID:	209545

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190807_224750.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.1 KB ID:	209546

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190807_224803.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.9 KB ID:	209547

Comment

• That looks awesome Steve! Nice job.
                            Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                              That looks awesome Steve! Nice job.
                              Thanks Pat. Wait 'til I have it all lit up.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                Latest update. I like how it is turning out.
                                RCJD, I, too, like how it is turning out...Bravo Zulu, SIr. Best, LB
                                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

You have homed in on my intentions precisely. Take-off, landing and some passes are pretty much all I'm interested in when I view other peoples' videos and that's all I focus on in my videos. If someone has a cameraman to zoom in, I consider that a bonus, but without it, I don't consider the video to be a waste of time.
                                  Come to think of it, a narrow field of view hat cam can accomplish these goals, too. At least with that, I can track a low pass and on my home computer on full screen and some magnification, even a YouTube video can show distance objects to give an idea of what's going on, not that when I fly further away, I'm trying to do exciting things anyway - even with real, live, human eyes, you can't see that well either.
                                  There are some of the videos I've watched, that I truly wonder how on Earth the pilot managed to keep track of the plane. Even when you can spot it, it seems nearly impossible to tell anything about orientation.

Comment

• Looks great Steve! Awaiting the Money Shot (all lit up with airbrake deployed)!
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Latest update. Most of the graphics are on. Need a few changes from Callie and need to finish and install the wingtip and front fuse formation lights then some weathering. I like how it is turning out.
                                      It looks amazing!! Really good job on that!

Comment

• Phenomenal job as usual! I didn't even notice the pylons and tanks at the first look. Are those 3D printed? Is there a file for those somewhere?

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                        Latest update. Most of the graphics are on. Need a few changes from Callie and need to finish and install the wingtip and front fuse formation lights then some weathering. I like how it is turning out.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190807_224706.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.2 KB ID:	209544

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190807_224724.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.1 KB ID:	209545

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190807_224750.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.1 KB ID:	209546

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20190807_224803.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.9 KB ID:	209547

Comment

That is just a beautiful job!. Hope to see your maiden video and the working air brake too

Rich

Comment

Working...
                                          X