X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
    Two years ago I started working on a powder cannon for my A-10 and while I have largely set it aside out of frustration for other projects I finally got around to trying something new. I think it is ready for some more air trials next.

Terrific job, that was fun to watch - I would love to see it in person. The sound coming after the smoke is a great touch! Well, I'm sure you'll get some video when you try it in the air!
    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• That was pretty cool. I think the delay between smoke and sound is a little too long though.
      The last couple of bursts sounded like the cannon needed to eat some more beans.LOL
      My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• I plan to shorten the delay considerably and you have to be completely off the throttle when the canon fires.

Comment

• That plane is fricking incredible. And I'd love to know how you made the linkage to get the canopy to do what it does.I'm going to do my Freewing 80 in the same trim scheme. what I was wondering is can you send me the screen shots you mentioned? I would love to see those.

Billbolz@live.com

Comment

• Incredible plane. I am doing my Freewing A10 trim scheme based on the "flipper". Can you send me the screen shots you mentioned? billbolz@live.com. How did you get the canopy linkage to do what it does?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
              I plan to shorten the delay considerably and you have to be completely off the throttle when the canon fires.
              eh, I think you should keep the delay. The real plane had a big delay, since the sound takes a while to reach the ground observer. (The videos our troops took of the A10 Brrrrting in Afpakistan are incredible). The sound is LOUD. Here's one for fun - dig it at around 35 seconds. (warning for the "sensitive" - this video has some "bad words" so.... if that concerns you you've been warned)

Here's another clean one demonstrating the delay quite clearly - start at around 53 seconds in. AWESOME!

I guess it will depend on how realistic you want it to be and how you want to present it to spectators. I could see shortening the delay just to head off the inevitable questions from people who don't get it! :Cool:
              Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• well after a few failed techniques and a faulty airbrush I bought on amazon my stencil krylon technique came out ok, time for clearcoat soon! was a busy weekend with a few other projects as well....thanks to all who I've bugged and those who posted tips and tricks! made it very easy

Click image for larger version  Name:	57405273150__A8CDB4D8-2B73-445D-B0EE-813C22BA703B.JPG Views:	0 Size:	81.4 KB ID:	185405

Click image for larger version  Name:	57445713547__B6B46817-BADF-4DA2-AD9D-BCF5356A0A50.JPG Views:	0 Size:	77.9 KB ID:	185402

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 18.28.57.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.1 KB ID:	185403Click image for larger version  Name:	57445714755__75DB193F-8437-4433-B35C-7475D69F05E6.JPG Views:	0 Size:	66.3 KB ID:	185404
                Attached Files
                Last edited by p51mustangman; Mar 20, 2019, 06:34 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

• Related to the upgraded landing gear for the 80mm A-10: Does the scissor linkage for the nose gear go toward the front or the rear? Same for the mains, front or rear? Looks like the mains should go to the rear, the nose to the front. That right?

Comment

• Mustangman, did you end up using Krylon rattle cans? Any concern over the propellant?

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	image_37093.jpg
Views:	631
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	185474
                      Originally posted by bbolz View Post
                      Mustangman, did you end up using Krylon rattle cans? Any concern over the propellant?
                      I did my A-10 with Model Master Enamel spray paint had had no issues. No primer used just right over the grey .

Mike
                      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by bbolz View Post
                        Related to the upgraded landing gear for the 80mm A-10: Does the scissor linkage for the nose gear go toward the front or the rear? Same for the mains, front or rear? Looks like the mains should go to the rear, the nose to the front. That right?
                        The scissor linkage goes to the rear on the stock nose strut. Did you switch it out for the trailing link strut?

Comment

• [QUOTE=p51mustangman;n185400] well...[QUOTE]

P51, She is lookin' GOOD! :Cool: Best, LB
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by bbolz View Post
                            Mustangman, did you end up using Krylon rattle cans? Any concern over the propellant?
                            new mains go backward, new nose "trailing link" goes forward. no, everything seems to have worked out well. Just waiting on my callie graphics and going to install scoops from DEE. Also Installed and painted the exhaust nozzles from DEE, upgraded gear, nose gear block and smaller nose wheel per scale appearance.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Elbee;n185525][QUOTE=p51mustangman;n185400] well...

P51, She is lookin' GOOD! :Cool: Best, LB
                              ty!

Comment

• P51, love it! Great job!

I have been out of the A-10 game for a while due to the fact I sold mine to help fund a giant scale project but have missed it ever since. So I bought another one today (payday! yay!) and can't wait to get her back in my hangar where she belongs. I will paint her the Arctic Camo once again since it looks so sweet! So anyhow, I know I could search the thread but to save some time if someone doesn't mind, could you please offer up the latest mods in relation to the gear that I may want to take a look at before the maiden? I still have nightmares over my "Bucking Bronco" landing and destroying the nose gear. I definitely don't want that issue ever again. Thanks folks!

My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I chose to go with the “flipper” scheme. I used a chalk powder for the color and clear coated over it.

Comment

• I like that muted Arctic Camo, very nice! How did you apply the chalk powder exactly? Curious.
                                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                      So anyhow, I know I could search the thread but to save some time if someone doesn't mind, could you please offer up the latest mods in relation to the gear that I may want to take a look at before the maiden? I still have nightmares over my "Bucking Bronco" landing and destroying the nose gear. I definitely don't want that issue ever again. Thanks folks!
                                      A general consensus is:
                                      • Pavement: stock nose, "upgrade" mains. Oleo all around
                                      • Grass: "upgrade" nose, stock mains. Trailing links all around

Other recommendations:
                                      Also, if you haven't before, get some 6mm square carbon tubes (i think its either 5mm or 6mm) and glue them into the channels inside the fuse on the sides. Should strengthen against bad landing and prevent snapping the fuselage

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                        I like that muted Arctic Camo, very nice! How did you apply the chalk powder exactly? Curious.
                                        this is what I used. It comes with some small brushes.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Dee View Post

A general consensus is:
                                          • Pavement: stock nose, "upgrade" mains. Oleo all around
                                          • Grass: "upgrade" nose, stock mains. Trailing links all around

Other recommendations:
                                          Also, if you haven't before, get some 6mm square carbon tubes (i think its either 5mm or 6mm) and glue them into the channels inside the fuse on the sides. Should strengthen against bad landing and prevent snapping the fuselage

Thank you DD, very helpful! I really appreciate the synopsis. :Cool:
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X