Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like the gear as well wheel and rod and strut are very stout but the controller is weak, I bought a set of spare controllers just in case I crack another I haven't even landed that hard or stalled the plane at all. That's why I was asking about the weight. Here is his video

https://youtu.be/bL9Px_m1UqY​​​​​​

Comment

• link doesn't work

what part did you crack?
      Planes
      -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
      -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
        Maiden went great! Really do love this plane Only got one battery through it because I had to get home. Got to work on not to bounce, didn't do it hard but still do not like bouncing on landing. No flaps
        I had to use the extra 2 weights with a Admrial 5000 (new batter) all the way forward to get nose a little heavy.
        Notes:
        Thinking of doing a gear mix to elevator but would have to figure out a way to remove the up elevator mix for when I deploy flaps....ideas?

Bouncing is my major thing to over come
        You need UP elevator for flap compensation? Usually, it's DOWN elevator since the plane balloons when flaps are deployed. It shouldn't be too hard to do a gear to ELE mix BUT, realize that the more you have to TX do, the more trial and error it will take to get things right. You'll spend just as much time bouncing around while trying to get the mix correct. You're better off to just practice your landings with different flap settings, different approach speeds and different throttle management when landing.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
          You need UP elevator for flap compensation? Usually, it's DOWN elevator since the plane balloons when flaps are deployed. It shouldn't be too hard to do a gear to ELE mix BUT, realize that the more you have to TX do, the more trial and error it will take to get things right. You'll spend just as much time bouncing around while trying to get the mix correct. You're better off to just practice your landings with different flap settings, different approach speeds and different throttle management when landing.
          No sir, need up elevator when gear deployed, I only use half flaps while running pattered not for landing.

excellent point regarding the rx
          Planes
          -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
          -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Do not judge what correction is needed based on the response when you apply flaps at speed. Most will balloon when you apply flaps well above approach speed.
            When the plane stabilizes at proper approach speed, its usually nose down, needing up trim.

You can usually apply flaps and then use throttle to pitch up or down. Adding throttle causing the nose to come up as speed increases.

I have used that to save a model that had elevator failure. I controlled the approach angle with throttle and partial flaps.
            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

No sir, need up elevator when gear deployed, no flaps. But when flaps are down a way not to compound elevator settings

Example if I run 4mm elevator up as a mix for gear down and have flaps for landing to be 15mm up elevator. I don’t want 19mm of travel. Hope that makes sense. Using up/ down as reference example only
              That's what I don't get. You use 15mm UP elevator for flaps. It's usually DOWN elevator for flaps. I can see a little UP for gear down for the slight change in balance. Nevertheless, 15mm of compensation seems to be excessive, especially if it's in the wrong direction.
              I use no elevator compensation for my FMS Corsair as I slow the plane down a bit before deploying flaps, which are on a 5 second deployment time. Although I have yet to maiden my FW/FL Corsair, I have no mix for it either. I may be mistaken, but this style of plane generally "balloons" if flaps are deployed at too high a speed, which requires DOWN elevator. The only type of plane that I've seen where it dives on flap deployment is like the Phantom F-4 because the trailing edge of the main wing is quite far back on the plane. Now there may be a possibility that your Corsair needs UP elevator when flaps are deployed is that you are deploying flaps when the plane is too slow and the drag from the flaps is actually stalling the plane out and it starts to drop like a stone. If that is the case, then you need to correct that style of flying rather than trying to compensate by an elevator mix. I'd have to see your flying style to know for sure.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190503-191403.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	192938https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bL9Px_m1UqY

Comment

That's what I don't get. You use 15mm UP elevator for flaps. It's usually DOWN elevator for flaps. I can see a little UP for gear down for the slight change in balance. Nevertheless, 15mm of compensation seems to be excessive, especially if it's in the wrong direction.
                  I use no elevator compensation for my FMS Corsair as I slow the plane down a bit before deploying flaps, which are on a 5 second deployment time. Although I have yet to maiden my FW/FL Corsair, I have no mix for it either. I may be mistaken, but this style of plane generally "balloons" if flaps are deployed at too high a speed, which requires DOWN elevator. The only type of plane that I've seen where it dives on flap deployment is like the Phantom F-4 because the trailing edge of the main wing is quite far back on the plane. Now there may be a possibility that your Corsair needs UP elevator when flaps are deployed is that you are deploying flaps when the plane is too slow and the drag from the flaps is actually stalling the plane out and it starts to drop like a stone. If that is the case, then you need to correct that style of flying rather than trying to compensate by an elevator mix. I'd have to see your flying style to know for sure.
                  I edit my post after re-reading yours original.

I was using that as a example. I was pulling numbers out of the air. Not take it for actual numbers

just notice the gear panels, I had to hold what seems like a good bit of elevator to keep level flight as I did a fly by to check gear was fully deployed. However the wing was switching steady speed of 10-12mph.

I made sure to be at 30-40% throttle with flap.
                  Planes

Comment

• Originally posted by sethscorsair View Post
                    I could machine side plates
                    Planes

Comment

I could machine side plants
                      Like braces?

Comment

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"Screenshot_20190503-191403.jpg","data-attachmentid":192938}
                        I've had a couple of big retracts crack in that very same spot, back in the day when all my landings were quite hard on a rough field full of gopher holes. I rarely have hard landings now with my Corsair but it took a long time and a lot of practice to get it right. I'm not sure if this retract will work (hole spacing), but it may be the answer you are looking for:
                        https://www.motionrc.com/products/fm...-1700mm-planes
                        They are pricey. You'd need to make your own rotation pins. I bought one but have never needed it. I stopped landing hard after I bought it. I also recall a CNC side plates that was sold by a small machine shop catering to the RC hobby. I can't remember the name as it was some years ago.

Comment

• It's SmallpartsCnc.com

Comment

I've had a couple of big retracts crack in that very same spot, back in the day when all my landings were quite hard on a rough field full of gopher holes. I rarely have hard landings now with my Corsair but it took a long time and a lot of practice to get it right. I'm not sure if this retract will work (hole spacing), but it may be the answer you are looking for:
                            https://www.motionrc.com/products/fm...-1700mm-planes
                            They are pricey. You'd need to make your own rotation pins. I bought one but have never needed it. I stopped landing hard after I bought it. I also recall a CNC side plates that was sold by a small machine shop catering to the RC hobby. I can't remember the name as it was some years ago.

Comment

Like braces?
                              Side plates. Can’t edit my post on my phone for some reason. But the whole plastic piece would be machine alumn.
                              Planes

Comment

• Slow net here Boomer!!! You beat me by 4 minutes!!! :PLOL Have a great weekend!!! Jerry

Comment

• Aluminum units would be fantastic!!!
                                  ;)

Comment

• I knew if I mentioned it, somebody would know the company name. Thanks fellas. :Cool:

Comment

• Yes would love aluminum! That should have been what they were made of to begin with due to the amount of weight of the airplane. I may take 2 of the 4 ballast out as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                        Slow net here Boomer!!! You beat me by 4 minutes!!! :PLOL Have a great weekend!!! Jerry
                                        Thanks Jerry back at you.

Comment

Yes would love aluminum! That should have been what they were made of to begin with due to the amount of weight of the airplane. I may take 2 of the 4 ballast out as well.
                                          I have the aluminium side plates on both my 1400 FMS Cosair and my 1450 FMS P-51. They are great!

Comment

Working...
                                          X