Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "rivets"look fantastic!

Comment

• Rivets are Cool !! Now you've only got about 20,000 left to do on there !!!! GL with that .... Hehehehe !!

Comment

• Rivets all done the old fashion way, with a seamstress pattern marking tool pressed medium-firmly over a copy paper pattern scaled to the Freewing F-4 control surfaces from a 3-view. Followed with the last coat of white paint. As for the other 200K rivets,:Whew: I think I'll pass. I liked the result but I really worked harder to get the 'B' Nosegear Door right. Go figure. LOL LOL
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Looks nice LB!

Comment

• I only have about 5 flights on my rig so far. It seems she has competition with the other girls in the hangar ;) This is her on maiden day.
            There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• WBRC, Welcome to the "Squawk". She's a Beaut. :Cool: Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190226_142042.jpg
Views:	929
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	181715
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190226_142043.jpg
Views:	963
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	181716
                Bobaroo
                Innocent Bystander
                0 miles from you in
                United States, IN, Newburgh
                Joined Dec 2007
                2,320 Posts
                Perfect FlyingConditions today !! Put x5 Batteries through the F-4 today. Hadda cut it short however. Discovered a 'Crack' in the wing Again at the Retract Repair line. Time for more DrasticMeasures to be taken. Since I'm not really sure how the original Gear up through the Wing was repaired by the 'OtherGuy' and I can't be certain of the integrity of this Wing/GearMounts, I'm going to just do a FullOn CR/Ply SparType Repair and see it that Solves this for good. I'm certain that in Fusing the TrailingLink, has contributed to this situation. A fair trade for Keeping the WheelCovers intact on here !!!!

Trims were all over the place and Ailerons were acting very 'Soft' and 'Sluggish' through the Rolling Maneuvers, I knew something was 'Wrong' up there !! The 'Crack' is about 8" long, starts at the leading edge and travels along the BreakLine back to about Halfway into the Wing.

Trimming with different OrdPackages was predictable, the Rolls in the CleanConfig were noticeably 'Off'. This was corrected earlier with Rudder Offset. Today's GoofyRoll was a result of a Structural Failure with a Differential Twisting under Load. The Flap Control Horn became detach last week. One LandingLight wire came off today. Apart from these malfunctions, the Jet has proven itself to be Quite Robust.

This one will remain on 6S and I will continue with the Mods on here. My wing Repair will most likely make the LEFlap Mod Prohibitive and it's just as well. That's an easy one so a set of Fresh Wings will be best for that business.

'PaveKnife' Pod is next in the Queue for the UnderWing Stores !! DualArray AB is in the shop as well !! 'FoamiesRule'. Enjoy

Comment

• Originally posted by TMoyer View Post
                  This is my upgraded pushrod and beefed up servo mount. Pushrod is a H9 4-40 titanium Pro Link, Dubro 2-56 ball link for 4-40 rods on the stab end and a Dubro 4-40 safety clevis on the servo end. Quite strong and rigid.
                  That looks great! We should make an AD (Airworthiness Directive) thread for these planes. Something that documents potential risks and the steps taken to mitigate that risk. :)

Comment

• Hey this question is for LB but anyone can pipe in.... I have this pic as a screensaver.

I think this is a Weasel...

Looking at it, I am wondering:

a) what is that round intake on the Leading Edge of the port wing? Maybe that could be a 3D part for us to add?
                    b) the tail hook is down (so its a Navy plane) but I don't see LB's hooks for the catapult cable. Why no hooks?
                    c) there is another strange antenna at the top of the fin that seems different from the other ones I've seen. What's with that?
                    d) its a cool pic tho… amirite?

Name:	106970.jpg
Views:	653
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	181999
                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Name:	image_34370.jpg
Views:	794
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	182009Click image for larger version

Name:	image_36390.jpg
Views:	782
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	182010Click image for larger version

Name:	image_36391.jpg
Views:	811
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	182011Click image for larger version

Name:	image_36392.jpg
Views:	767
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	182012 [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":182

You're looking at a QF-4E Aerial Target Drone // They had a couple squadrons of these back when operating F-4s// Tyndall or Holloman. That ' Round Thing' on the leading edge is a TISEO / Target acquisition and identification sensor. That antenna on the tail is part of the Telemetry Sensor/ there are several around the aircraft// these Drones could be flown actual or piloted remotely.

This is a F-4G Wild Weasel !! Different variations of these as well !! Enjoy

Name:	image_34370.jpg
Views:	794
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	182009

Here's your QF-4E again !! Cheers

Name:	image_36391.jpg
Views:	811
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	182011
                      [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":182012}[/AY

Comment

Name:	RickHiltonPK.jpg
Views:	779
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	182082 j Click image for larger version  Name:	image_36414.jpg Views:	3 Size:	154.7 KB ID:	182080 AN/AVQ-10. This is gonna be Fun !!

Name:	image_36414.jpg
Views:	1249
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	182080

Comment

• WellNow ... That wasn't all that tough.

Name:	image_36425.jpg
Views:	764
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	182105Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190228_210050_1.jpg
Views:	722
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	182106Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190228_210214.jpg
Views:	717
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	182107Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190228_210547.jpg
Views:	763
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	182108

Comment

• Used a Click image for larger version

Name:	66-7709.jpg
Views:	1339
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	182117 FreeWing attachment to the Rail !! As Good a place as any, considering the Pylons are Multi-Use anyway !!

Comment

• BBR, you nailed it. Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                BBR, you nailed it. Best, LB

Thanks LB,.. I'm pleased with it.

I'll be retiring this Aircraft from R&D and placing it into a Flyable Storage S.tate. I've reached the Mod Limits on this one due to the condition of the Wings and Landing Gear. I am not going to replace the Wings because of the advanced GatorJet going on with this Jet. It would look pretty silly with Pristine Wings applied to it.

She flies Great on the Stock 6S Set-Up !! A thing of beauty in the air actually. Those overhead passes with the 3-G Pull exposing all those various OrdPackages Hanging on the Pylons and Yes, The conspicuously Absent Tires half exposed under there !! with a full compliment of Sparrows and ECM Pods rounding out the package.

All that remains on here are the Operating Canopies !! I'll be looking at starting those shortly.

Maintenance issue: Burned up that TailHook Servo sometime during yesterday's flights !! Noticed the Hook was not down on Landing Approach !! EasyFix !! Need a Proper Servo for that Hook Business. Cheers !!

Name:	IMG_20190301_113318.jpg
Views:	737
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	182185

Comment

• He fellas, I've noticed in recent posts I am seeing things like this:

Name:	IMG_20190301_113318.jpg
Views:	737
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	182185

Can any of you tell me what action you are taking that may be causing this? It started yesterday I believe...Appreciate the help. Obviously it's something to do with adding photos/attachments...
                                  My YouTube RC videos:
                                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by WrightBrosRC View Post
                                    I only have about 5 flights on my rig so far. It seems she has competition with the other girls in the hangar ;) This is her on maiden day.
                                    Looking great Dennis! Welcome to the squawk ;)

Comment

• ... .... Click image for larger version

Name:	81F8DgBsh6L._SX466_.jpg
Views:	728
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	182218

Name:	pave-spike-DFST8210233.jpg
Views:	747
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	182219

Comment

• When 'Upload Attachments ' button is selected, there is the unwanted script. When Selecting the 'Camera Icon' , the erroneous script does not appear.

Comment

• Thanks Bobaroo, we are looking into the issue...
                                          My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X