First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hemidoo View Post

Is this the the unit you swapped to ?
    https://www.motionrc.com/collections...0-1900kv-motor
    Yes, I got the ARF plus and used this fan and 100A ESC.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Cool ... Thanks !

Comment

• Is anyone missing their belly gun pod? My bird came today and it went together without issue other than the missing gun pod. Hope to maiden her this weekend weather permitting of course!

Comment

• Originally posted by bmoranx View Post
          Is anyone missing their belly gun pod? My bird came today and it went together without issue other than the missing gun pod. Hope to maiden her this weekend weather permitting of course!
          This was talked about a page or two back. If you want one, submit a ticket to MotionRC and they'll put you on the list when they become available.

Well, post #350, page 18.

Comment

• Thanks xviper, I appreciate the update!

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

I have 38 EDFs and the L-39 is by far the most stable and predictable, that’s not to say it’s boring but rather it feels so locked in it makes me more comfortable pushing it to the limits...did I mention it’s crazy fast:Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	L39.jpg
Views:	832
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	155078

Thanks for posting your maidens, guys keep 'em coming! I look forward to yours, Pat. This bird gets even better with time. I'm working on tail sits, trying to get a brief hover. But you're right, George, the landings so far are always easy as a confidence builder.

I've got one in the paint booth...

​​​​​
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• My second flight of freewing L39. Its fleet week here so put on a scale airshow performance. What a great jet! My favorite freewing edf So far!!! https://youtu.be/D9Y-iVbYq0c

Comment

• My maiden https://youtu.be/19PanQrqpKo

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                    Maiden tomorrow. I'm taking 6 flight packs with me.
                    Post some videos sir!
                    Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Originally posted by JazzmanB View Post
                      Nice!!! Where was the flying site?? Beautiful!!!!

Comment

• Put the first three flights on mine today and was very comfortable with it before the maiden was finished. It slows down enough for landing that even the free wheeling on asphalt I was concerned about was not an issue.
                        This was the best video shot of it today. Shot by another club member using my good camera. Could have used a little more zoom but at least the plane was in frame for the whole flight.

My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

• Just finished mine. All ready to go but it'll get hung up for a while. This fell a few days ago and the field is still covered.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3242.JPG
Views:	578
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	155140

Comment

• Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come to Texas. The closest thing to that is in my cooler of adult beverages..... It is 84 F here today and breezy... ;)

Comment

• I am going to y harness the gear but cant find which plug is the mains in the wing elec block normally id just use my servo tester to figure it out but it is in tx and I am in Mississippi for few days any help is appreciated

blue box is very intermident on the gear channel

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                                I am going to y harness the gear but cant find which plug is the mains in the wing elec block normally id just use my servo tester to figure it out but it is in tx and I am in Mississippi for few days any help is appreciated

blue box is very intermident on the gear channel
                                Put a servo tester on each one and find the one that's operates the retract. DO NOT use the servo tester on the plugs that go to the lights. Don't even hook them directly to a Rx. You WILL burn them out. Stuart's video shows you which ones are the lights. With no servo tester, this will be tough. You can pull each plug and use an extension to go directly to the Rx to determine which one is the retract on each side.
                                Start at 2:20 and he shows you exactly which ones are the lights.

Comment

• thanks viper I got the gear all wired up by passing the blue box and the good news is they work every time and no hesitation and not intermident at all. saw tat the nose gear steering is not working so I Y harnessed the rudder and nose steering then to the rx and that works now.... ill watch the light mod and see if its worth doing..btw can the landing lights be Y harnessed to the rx direct voltage wise or will it burn them out?

Comment

• TiredIron Aviation
                                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Just to give everybody a heads up maidened mine today did great but when I landed the rudder moved almost all the way right found that the servo retaining screw was very loose that it let the horn move on the output shaft tightened it down and checked all the other servo horns all the screws were loose you might want to check yours it’s a stupid way to lose a brand new plani

Comment

• Maiden +3 today (wound up taking the A-10 too and used two of my packs for it ;)). Only needed 3 clicks of left trim. Flies on rails, lands like a feather with almost no power. Never went full flaps on landing, half flaps was plenty. Roll out was not bad, but I got it slowed down pretty good before touchdown. No video, but I should have some in-flight stills later.

Flies stable like the A-10, but sporty like the Avanti S. Freewing/MRC has another winner on their hands!
                                        Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                                          thanks viper I got the gear all wired up by passing the blue box and the good news is they work every time and no hesitation and not intermident at all. saw tat the nose gear steering is not working so I Y harnessed the rudder and nose steering then to the rx and that works now.... ill watch the light mod and see if its worth doing..btw can the landing lights be Y harnessed to the rx direct voltage wise or will it burn them out?
                                          I wouldn't risk it. If a servo tester can burn out those lights, I think the voltage directly out of a Rx could do the same.
                                          I've noticed just today after I got everything hooked up, that the retracts have a very long delay ( 3 to 5 seconds) - longer than any other plane I've got. Are you sure you were allowing enough time for the retracts to respond? I'm leaving mine as is. The delay doesn't bother me. It may simply be the nature of the beast (control board).

Comment

Working...
                                          X