X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nyuhasz View Post
    I fly Futaba for all my jets (turbines and EDF)!and I always reverse the throttle channel in the TX. Try that.
    That doesn't reverse the motor. It just reverses the direction of the stick response.

Comment

• Originally posted by drexrc View Post
      I have an issue with the reverse throttle. Once I use it the motor will not come back to normal, it will just operate as reverse. Until I unplug and plug the battery it goes back to normal. Anyone have this issue?
      Evan is most likely correct.

You don't say what your radio is, but if it has a monitor screen, check to see that when you switch the reversing switch that the reversing channel output goes all the way in each direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Evan is most likely correct.

You don't say what your radio is, but if it has a monitor screen, check to see that when you switch the reversing switch that the reversing channel output goes all the way in each direction.
        Per the original post:

“My TX is Futaba T6K and RX aid Futaba R3008SB. The lead isn’t plugged into anything lol.​“

His Reversing lead isn’t plugged in

Comment

• I have a Frsky X20s, and yes, the travel of the channel goes from -100 to 100, I’ve also tried doing it from 0 to 100, it works perfect once, but then I return the switch to its original position (which made the thrust work forward at first) and i still get reverse thrust no matter go many time I toggle the switch it’s stuck in reverse. If I unplug and plug the battery it works fine.

Comment

• Sorry, I don’t have any other ideas. Hopefully someone else does, good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyuhasz View Post

Per the original post:

“My TX is Futaba T6K and RX aid Futaba R3008SB. The lead isn’t plugged into anything lol.​“

His Reversing lead isn’t plugged in
              That was NOT the post replied to. The reply was to drexrc. You quoted EazyStreet27.

Comment

I have a Frsky X20s, and yes, the travel of the channel goes from -100 to 100, I’ve also tried doing it from 0 to 100, it works perfect once, but then I return the switch to its original position (which made the thrust work forward at first) and i still get reverse thrust no matter go many time I toggle the switch it’s stuck in reverse. If I unplug and plug the battery it works fine.
                1. Try plugging a servo into the reverse channel RX port, and see if it moves through its entire range when you toggle the reversing switch.

2. Try plugging the ESC's reversing lead into a servo tester, and see if you can get the ESC to work properly that way.

Doing that should tell you if the problem lies in your radio (TX/RX) or in the ESC.

Comment

• Originally posted by TGoelzer View Post
                  Maiden in the books....I did install the weight that came with the plane and mounted it in as far back as possible. Still nose heavy but not too bad....Lands on the mains and the nose up easily.
                  Do you know where your CG is compared to the book recommended CG?
                  Thank, Gary

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                    The slow gear door action doesn't really bother me ..................... yet. If it does, I have one of these laying around to try:
                    https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...or%20sequencer
                    It came out of an older Freewing jet with sequenced door.

Follow up on this. I had a Freewing V2 sequencer (2 actually) in my spares box and finally got around to testing it. The sequencer does not leave a long enough delay between initiating the retraction of the strut and closing the main door, with the result that the closing door jams the strut part way through the retraction. Pity, about 1/2 second more delay and it would have been perfect. Unfortunately it is not adjustable.

Comment

• I remember those having an adjusting pot on them. I wonder if it was a V1 version. Might have been the accompanying light module back on the old F/A-18E and original Euro...

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                        I remember those having an adjusting pot on them. I wonder if it was a V1 version. Might have been the accompanying light module back on the old F/A-18E and original Euro...
                        I took it apart to look. There is no adjustable component on the V2 board.

I should have my custom Arduino sequencer finished by tomorrow. It's already done for the "scale" mode of operation - 5 seconds total transit time.

Comment

I have a Frsky X20s, and yes, the travel of the channel goes from -100 to 100, I’ve also tried doing it from 0 to 100, it works perfect once, but then I return the switch to its original position (which made the thrust work forward at first) and i still get reverse thrust no matter go many time I toggle the switch it’s stuck in reverse. If I unplug and plug the battery it works fine.
                          For those of you having issues with reverse thrust this is what fixed it for me (FRsky Qx7s) I had the same issue where the reverse would activate but not de-activate.

Comment

• It is the light control module that has the pot. Controls the flash frequency.

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                            I remember those having an adjusting pot on them. I wonder if it was a V1 version. Might have been the accompanying light module back on the old F/A-18E and original Euro...
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	0 Size:	99.7 KB ID:	374240

Comment

• Unfortunately, I got two right side rails for the drop tanks. It will be a few weeks before Motion gets any left wing rails in stock. If anyone out there got my left wing and I got your right wing, let’s do a swap.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Interesting how close in size they are.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7A073C82-32AD-4A4F-8448-8DA67887DF2E.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	244.6 KB
ID:	374262Click image for larger version

Name:	1A396C9E-9607-493E-A48B-A1F69FCEFD12.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	272.0 KB
ID:	374263

Comment

• My flights today were to fine tune where I want the balance and to try and get the roll more axial, it’s absolutely horrid how bad the roll is. I tried removing the roll on the canards as well as adding more than the book amount. Then I tried opposite and additive rudder. Last I tried adding down elevator with aileron and that’s what it seems to like, so I need to offset the horns on the elevons…

Seems for me 25-30mm behind the marks is a good balance point.

I am impressed with the fan in this. I never use all the stores on these planes and am with this and the power is still pretty good even with the normal drag a delta has plus the drag of all the stuff hanging off it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                    Last I tried adding down elevator with aileron and that’s what it seems to like, so I need to offset the horns on the elevons…Seems for me 25-30mm behind the marks is a good balance point.....
                                    Excellent analysis of roll and CG.

I'll start with 30mm aft based on your testing.

What exactly do you mean by adding down elevator with aileron. When using elevons does this mean during roll commands you have the down going elevon moving more than the up going elevon? I usually program differential ailerons to off set adverse yaw by starting with 100% up and 80% down. It sounds like your testing may show just the opposite.

Thanks, Gary

Comment

• Exactly. On a two servo aileron airplane it would be as easy as turning on differential. Since you use standard aileron/ elevator on this and the mixing board converts that to elevons you can't just do that.

I found as I did a roll if I also added a little push to the elevator stick it rolled straight. But I need to figure out why. It may not be elevons. It may be the canards neutral point is not right. With the CG set the elevons are both drooped a bit and it may be I need to droop the canards and bring the elevons back up even with the trailing edges. Or maybe a little of both. I do know it's not having roll in the canard movement as I have my canards on separate channels and have tried roll with the canards turned off.

About balance. I put two of the 21g slugs in the tail stinger and use 645g batteries. I have the 6S version. Without stores I could get CG about 20mm aft of the marks and felt it was a little nose heavy, needed a bit of push inverted. When I added the stores and dremeled a notch for the canard and satellite receiver wires to lay in at the rear of the battery area so I could move the battery that extra 2-3mm back I could get about 35mm. It seemed a bit squirrelly though an inverted test showed it to be where I usually like my planes to be. I moved the battery forward about 10mm and it felt better. I don't fly with gyros and if you do I think 35 may be a good place. I know Jon and Jandro will probably move theirs back even more.

I think this is an interesting plane. It looks good in the air and in general it flies very well. I am amazed at how well the new EDF unit does in this. Deltas are draggy airframes and the stores add a lot more drag. On our paved runway she is off in about 50ft easy if you want and she has decent top speed. I think this EDF will be a good one for a lot of people that have the current FW fans or those that swap in EFlite fans. I usually swap in 8S but I think this one is staying 6S.

My only naggles about how it flys are both about roll, one it doesn't have a very fast roll rate, I'd say it's "scale" and then the roll is wonky. Real jets don't roll perfectly axially but this is way wonky even compare to "scale". Otherwise she is a fine scale jet.

Originally posted by viper1gj View Post
                                      ...What exactly do you mean by adding down elevator with aileron. When using elevons does this mean during roll commands you have the down going elevon moving more than the up going elevon? I usually program differential ailerons to off set adverse yaw by starting with 100% up and 80% down. It sounds like your testing may show just the opposite.

Thanks, Gary

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

I should have my custom Arduino sequencer finished by tomorrow. It's already done for the "scale" mode of operation - 5 seconds total transit time.
                                        Here it is. It has the same options as the stock sequencer but is a lot quicker and only requires the one channel, unlike using a sequencer on the TX.

The basic operation was easy to program. The hard part was dealing with unusual situations, like the gear switch being changed in the middle of an operation, or the gear and switch being in opposite positions on power-up.

https://youtu.be/wL4-i_eBheo

Comment

• So I did some measurements. The elevons were traveling quite a bit more up than down. I offset the servo arms one notch and did a bit of trim to get them closer to even. Then I found one travels a little further than the other in one direction. If I was set up as elevons in my transmitter and not as aileron/ elevator and the mix done through the board it would be really easy to make an adjustment. Since it's done through the board I had to do a small mix. Frustrating.

With the CG further back the plane needed quite a bit of down trim, about 2mm. I turned each canard one turn, about 1.5mm of down measured at the mold marks and adjusted the elevons even with the trailing edge.

Rain today…

Comment

Working...
                                          X