X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by screamingtiger View Post

So the container comes in the 26th, so you guys will get the contents AND start sending out over memorial day weekend??
    That's why I estimate the 2nd week of June, as if you don't start shipping until after the holiday many of use wont get it that week. But plz let me know if that is is the plan!
    You just quoted Alpha saying they are shipping this week, yet twice now you have said the containers are arriving on the 26th. Where did you get this info?

Comment

• I smell bacon in the near future.

Mike
      \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by sisaksen View Post

I have developed a functioning flare system that i will apply to my A-10. It's only on the prototyping stage yet, but looking forward to get it on my jets. :)

https://youtu.be/Q0EE-gm7C60
        How cool is that! Enquiring Minds want to know more!
        www.TSHobbies.com
        Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• Originally posted by afjetmech View Post

You just quoted Alpha saying they are shipping this week, yet twice now you have said the containers are arriving on the 26th. Where did you get this info?
          Last week it was said the container was delayed in customs so it would be a week late. I'm guessing that's where he got the 26th, that's one week after they were expected.

If they ship this week we'll all have them in our hands before the second week in June, not sure where he is coming up with that. I they ship on the 26 (this Friday) most of us will have them next week, Friday is June 2nd which is NOT the second week in June.

Comment

• sisaksen - That's one awesome flare system ! Any details ? My only concern is setting our field on fire. Lot's of high, dry grass around. I suppose if you stay high enough, the embers would extinguish before reaching the ground.

Legman, thank you for your distinguished service ! Freedom is not free and I truly appreciate the guys and gals like you who put it on the line for us everyday. Salutations.

I only wish the Navy would have adopted a CAS platform like the A-10. Do you think you could stop this bird with an arresting hook on a Nimitz class carrier ?

Hawk

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
            Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
            I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• post 3164 have a look.
              SO: if they get the container, unpack it, get the boxes labled and mailed on the 26th, I do agree we should see them next week. Im am concerned they wont be able to do much until after the holiday which may put some of us in 2nd week of june for delivery.
              Question is if they will be shipping out this weekend or be able to do it Friday? Im fine getting it 2nd week of June, just trying to be realistic. End of 1st week is ok too or beginning 2nd week, only a couple days apart and depends on when they will be able to ship. hate to seem them work overtime on memorial day, lets instead remember out previous generations who had more to worry about than some foamy plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by afjetmech View Post

post 3164

Confused how they ship this week when the container arrives Friday is all.

I do think even if they ship out next week tues or wed most of us will still get first week in June, just late first week. To me shipping is usually 2 days or so being close to them.

So First week in June it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Racer686 View Post

I saw Eric (from Canada) fly his LX A-10 with the split aileron today, actually. I can tell you the split aileron is 100% not just for show. The plane slowed right down when deployed, and zoomed away when retracted.
                  Here comes mod city. How many channels do we need for all of these​? Need the down and dirty of the mechanical side.

Comment

• As of yet, no one has developed a functional deceleron mod for this Hog, but allot of us are thinking about it. It poses some real engineering challenges for a plane this size as was said by Alpha. But I for one am just stubborn enough to try and make it work. Brad

Comment

• The graphics are complete on this B1RD. Albeit an FMS, this was a great make over. Just waiting on the FW.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post
                        The graphics are complete on this B1RD. Albeit an FMS, this was a great make over. Just waiting on the FW.
                        Looks really good there CP.

Comment

• I just got my shipping notice for my second Avanti today, pre-order #2...
                          Didn't someone say the A-10s were on that same ship???

Comment

• Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post

How cool is that! Enquiring Minds want to know more!
                            I have developed this system together with a pyrotechnician. We use 15mm magnesium flares normally used for flareguns. Really gives a realistic effect. The prototype weighed about 2 pounds so i have to slim it to fit the A-10. :Confused: The prototype had 32 flares in two four by four boxes. For the A-10 i'm thinking about a single two by ten holes box 3d printed for light weight.
                            Would be awesome if it works :Cool:

Comment

I have developed this system together with a pyrotechnician. We use 15mm magnesium flares normally used for flareguns. Really gives a realistic effect. The prototype weighed about 2 pounds so i have to slim it to fit the A-10. :Confused: The prototype had 32 flares in two four by four boxes. For the A-10 i'm thinking about a single two by ten holes box 3d printed for light weight.
                              Would be awesome if it works :Cool:
                              Can't wait to see the completed work on the A-10.

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                                sisaksen - That's one awesome flare system ! Any details ? My only concern is setting our field on fire. Lot's of high, dry grass around. I suppose if you stay high enough, the embers would extinguish before reaching the ground.

Hawk[/SIZE]
                                A minimum 100 meter safety altitude must be maintained when releasing the flares. They burn for about 4 seconds but hot debris can make a fire hazard. Therefore the safety altitude. The intension of this system is to use it at airshows with a pyrotechnic display both in the air and on the ground.
                                Imagine yourself a strafing run coming in hot. Firing the gun with ground impact effects,pull up and release a barrage of flares as you make the escape!
                                And together with a bombing run follow-up it would be spectacular! :):Cool:

Comment

A minimum 100 meter safety altitude must be maintained when releasing the flares. They burn for about 4 seconds but hot debris can make a fire hazard. Therefore the safety altitude. The intension of this system is to use it at airshows with a pyrotechnic display both in the air and on the ground.
                                  Imagine yourself a strafing run coming in hot. Firing the gun with ground impact effects,pull up and release a barrage of flares as you make the escape!
                                  Just like Warbirds Over the Rockies. A really neat show.

Comment

Now we're talk'n!!!

Comment

• Well drat fellas, latest word is that the ETA is now early next week. Really a bummer but I guess technically it's still "end of the month" time frame which is what we had all along. Just sorry the ETA keeps shifting.
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• <sad face>

Comment

• Thanks for the update Aros.

Comment

Working...
                                          X