Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry everyone. The red scheme pre-order sold out already. I ordered a normal month supply and it sold out in 1 day. I had no idea the new color scheme would be this popular. I have more coming a month behind this order. The pre-orders will all arrive in late Sept. The next batch of red will arrive a month after that (late October). Unfortunately, yellow will also not arrive until late October. We started ordering less yellow in anticipation of the new scheme and we ended up with too few yellow due to human error. I apologize for the lack of inventory - it is our error and we'll try not to repeat it!

Comment

• See Tom, that's what happens when you get folks hooked on Avanti crackLOL:Silly:. Great flying bird in any color combination.

Comment

• I'm ordering more today! I'm really sorry for the inventory shortage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
          I'm ordering more today! I'm really sorry for the inventory shortage.
          :Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Tom,

Would you ever consider ordering a limited run of just solid color Avanti’s such as all gray or all white primer without any decals? That would be great for those of us who like to customize the color scheme easily. This would be like what you did with the all gray 70mm Hawk.

Comment

• I sure do love this plane. I attached a small 2K camera to the belly and captured a couple clips from this weekend. I'm quite impressed with the camera quality for $70. You can see on the video how well the landing gear works on grass fields. Enjoy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx89JTHQRQ8

Comment

• After flying over the weekend and still seeing more and more new Avanti’s at the flying field (I think we may be at about 9,000 now LOL), a little painting and design was in order (some carbon fiber accents done a while ago and airbrushed a checkered/carbon pattern in pearl black on top of the yellow paint). This should help ensure I recognize my own plane at the field and take mine home when done, and so nobody else thinks theirs is mine and takes it instead :Scared:. I’m looking forward to seeing the red Avanti’s at the field to make it even easier. Ha-ha
                Attached Files

Comment

• Hello everyone, Just singed up today. I am happy to learn from you and hopefully be able to help out in some ways.

I got the FW Avanti S ARF plus, got the FW 1820kv 80mm EDF inrunner. Strange that this EDF does not show up anymore in MRC site. No info re; the motor specs.

I'd like your advice on an ESC. I do have a HV 80amp Graupner ESC with built in telemetry, but I am thinking may be 80 amps may not be enough?

Any and all help and advice, on set up of what ever ESC you recommend will be greatly appreciated. I am looking at the Geko 125A or 155A 6S, or perhaps the HV 125A, what ya think?

I plan to run 6S, 40-55C, 4000-5000 packs.

Of course I have read some of the postings here, but at 113 pages, I must have missed a few...LOL...

Comment

• Originally posted by SmokingSam View Post
                    Hello everyone, Just singed up today. I am happy to learn from you and hopefully be able to help out in some ways.

I got the FW Avanti S ARF plus, got the FW 1820kv 80mm EDF inrunner. Strange that this EDF does not show up anymore in MRC site. No info re; the motor specs.

I'd like your advice on an ESC. I do have a HV 80amp Graupner ESC with built in telemetry, but I am thinking may be 80 amps may not be enough?

Any and all help and advice, on set up of what ever ESC you recommend will be greatly appreciated. I am looking at the Geko 125A or 155A 6S, or perhaps the HV 125A, what ya think?

I plan to run 6S, 40-55C, 4000-5000 packs.

Of course I have read some of the postings here, but at 113 pages, I must have missed a few...LOL...
                    Welcome! I have used the 80mm FW inrunner power systems many times with a Hobbywing 100A (if you have any other Freewing 100A ESC’s from other planes lying around, it works great and is the same). An 80A just doesn’t provide enough headroom/safety-cushion for the current draw on the system. It’s better to be safe the sorry. The 100A FlyFun Hobbywings can be found relatively inexpensive and tend to be very reliable. The Gecko 125A/155A will likely work as well, but depends on the firmware sometimes as it can take some configuring to make some systems run smooth. Usually with the 80mm Freewing inrunner power system, low timing works fine, but if it doesn’t run smooth on low timing then medium usually cures it. If you purchase the Freewing/Hobbywing ESC and need to change the settings easily, we can point you in the correct direction for a program card.

Comment

• Whew! Glad I made the pre-order. After watching so many Avanti's fly at our field and how well they fly, I finally succumbed. Next I will get a 3D printed ng support brace.

I'm imposing an Avanti exception for our Warbirds over Grapevine event in October. Probably have a gaggle of Avanti's
                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Quick question. I recently lost my avanti in a corn field due to an unsolicited, very quick roll. Remarkably, only needed to replace the fuselage. I'm currently re-assembling and I'm planning on bypassing the built in mix board for the ailerons, flaps, and elevator. As I'm running the cables from the tail, I'm wondering; should I run the wires in next to the speed controller... or strapped below the speed controller plate (more exposed to fan input air, but I think I can secure them properly.
                        Thoughts??

Comment

• Anyone had any issues with the nosewheel leg “sticking up”. I think mine may be v slightly bent and I need a new inner strut. Are they available a spare part ?TYIA

Comment

• Originally posted by Checkmate View Post
                            Quick question. I recently lost my avanti in a corn field due to an unsolicited, very quick roll. Remarkably, only needed to replace the fuselage. I'm currently re-assembling and I'm planning on bypassing the built in mix board for the ailerons, flaps, and elevator. As I'm running the cables from the tail, I'm wondering; should I run the wires in next to the speed controller... or strapped below the speed controller plate (more exposed to fan input air, but I think I can secure them properly.
                            Thoughts??
                            Not understanding what your concern is. Are you worried about electrical interference from the ESC? I've run servo wires next to ESCs on several planes and it's never been a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timbo View Post
                              Anyone had any issues with the nosewheel leg “sticking up”. I think mine may be v slightly bent and I need a new inner strut. Are they available a spare part ?TYIA
                              Not sure what you mean by "inner strut" but have you looked at the parts list?
                              Freewing 80mm EDF Avanti S High Performance Ultimate Sport Jet - (Plug-N-Play) - PNP - FJ21213P Version Info: This is the High Performance version of the Freewing Avanti S 80mm. This version includes a powerful 3658-1920Kv inrunner motor with new 9-blade fan, 100A ESC and hybrid metal gear servos. Renowned worldwide as

Have you tried taking it apart and UNbending it?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                Not understanding what your concern is. Are you worried about electrical interference from the ESC? I've run servo wires next to ESCs on several planes and it's never been a problem.
                                That, and heat. The servo wires are unprotected.

Comment

• Hi new to this forum. First time assembly of my Avanti today all works apart from the flaps. When I powered it up the servos moved to centre position. Just can’t get flap servos to move as they are in the flap down position now. My elevator moves correctly when I flick the switch. I’ve got my wing type as 1 aileron and 1 flap and I’m using Spektrum iX12
                                  Mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by Checkmate View Post

That, and heat. The servo wires are unprotected.
                                    If your ESC is getting that hot, you've got bigger problems than worrying about melting the servo wires. They should be fine. Servo wires may not be "protected" but they are insulated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marksj100 View Post
                                      Hi new to this forum. First time assembly of my Avanti today all works apart from the flaps. When I powered it up the servos moved to centre position. Just can’t get flap servos to move as they are in the flap down position now. My elevator moves correctly when I flick the switch. I’ve got my wing type as 1 aileron and 1 flap and I’m using Spektrum iX12
                                      Mark.
                                      Setting up flaps is not that hard but it does need a sequence of events to make them work. Did you go into the servo sub-trim menu for flaps to try and "zero" them out as best you can? Then, did you go into the flap system page and assign the proper switch and deployment speed? Then start with the flap position "0" and dial that in to set the flaps as neutral as possible? Then moving to position "1", dial in whatever it takes to get you a desirable take off flap? Then go to position "2" and dial in whatever it takes for landing flaps? If your elevator is moving, that means you've dialed in some compensation but at this point, maybe that's not a good idea till you find out exactly how much you need. Start with that at zero. A slow flap deployment should negate any need for elevator compensation.

Comment

• Does anyone know if someone is selling the 3d printed landing gear support that I saw on a modification video?
                                        Thanks Rick

Comment

• Originally posted by RMatteson View Post
                                          Does anyone know if someone is selling the 3d printed landing gear support that I saw on a modification video?
                                          Thanks Rick
                                          +1

Comment

Working...
                                          X