Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I will try this battery out, see how long the actual flight times will be. Will be a good one for my 20cc sized warbird as well. If you don't want to watch the flight the battery info will be at the end of the video.

Working on longest flight ever on the Avanti S. This video was a little over the eight minute mark with plenty left in the battery for at least one more minu...

Comment

• Good morning all ,
      I am interested to put a (simulated Afterburner) for my Freewing Avanti S 80mm.
      Did you have a good place to order?👍👍👍👍
      Thank you for your reply .

Comment

• Originally posted by Ludovic View Post
        Good morning all ,
        Here is a link to one option. I ordered for the Avanti and found that the first one I ordered didn't fit, so make sure you get the right one. I think the right one is 36mm, not 32mm, but it is probably best to measure.

The original CenterBurner line of simulated afterburner lighting systems is the world’s best and most trusted simulated afterburner lighting system! Designed around a custom built LED light boards, it provides a center "glow" and flame effect like a full size jet aircraft afterburner!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ludovic View Post
          Good morning all ,
          I have the RC Geek in all my EDF'S except the A10. When you order, send in the comment section to Chris exactly the fan you have, inrunner 80 mm so if you pick the wrong one he will correct it. The fans in the Avanti have changed several times so be specific. Also, I suggest you line the nozzle with highly reflective paint or better yet A/C aluminum foil tape.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20191002_180354.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.6 KB ID:	299373Click image for larger version  Name:	20191002_205620.jpg Views:	0 Size:	159.4 KB ID:	299374
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

I have the RC Geek in all my EDF'S except the A10. When you order, send in the comment section to Chris exactly the fan you have, inrunner 80 mm so if you pick the wrong one he will correct it. The fans in the Avanti have changed several times so be specific. Also, I suggest you line the nozzle with highly reflective paint or better yet A/C aluminum foil tape.

Click image for larger version Name:	20191002_180354.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.6 KB ID:	299373Click image for larger version Name:	20191002_205620.jpg Views:	0 Size:	159.4 KB ID:	299374
            Same here Hugh, AB always from Chris, super nice guy ever and the products works great all the time. Never had a single problem, not on single or twin motor. On the bad side, now i can’t have a jet without. .
            thank you Rc geek

Comment

• I used to think that I wanted one of these,.then I found myself not wanting anything to take away from performance (no matter how little). But I do like my tailcone (mine is the Red Avanti, painted tailcone black).

Comment

• I've got 10 flights on my new Avanti. Last flight was a follow the leader with 3 other Avanti's from take off (simultaneously) to landing. It was a hoot and I'm sure we'll do more of that. But with all the Avanti's at clubs -- it sure would be nice to have a livery with a different (or two) colors. I use photoshop to play with some options and think optic green would be awesome.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.png
Views:	1018
Size:	558.8 KB
ID:	302245

Comment

• I like that color, but I like my red more. But it gives me something to think about for the next one (yeah, there will be another one when this one dies).

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post

Here is a link to one option. I ordered for the Avanti and found that the first one I ordered didn't fit, so make sure you get the right one. I think the right one is 36mm, not 32mm, but it is probably best to measure.

The original CenterBurner line of simulated afterburner lighting systems is the world’s best and most trusted simulated afterburner lighting system! Designed around a custom built LED light boards, it provides a center "glow" and flame effect like a full size jet aircraft afterburner!

Thanks for posting that link and info. I now have a center burner on the way for my Avanti.

Comment

• A variety of 3D printable nozzles for the Avanti S.

The rear of the FW Avanti S looks unfinished. Here is a set of nozzles for the 80mm Avanti S, in a variety of styles from civilian noise abatement to MiG to F-4 to F-16 variable geometry to F-35 stealth. Print parameters are not important - choose infill and wall thickness according to weight needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post
                        A variety of 3D printable nozzles for the Avanti S.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4785745
                        Added another two.

Comment

• Gents,

how do I get the nose gear mod? I was watching YouTube and came across it. Looks like a small plate that doesn’t allow the nose gear to go back too far.

Thank you.

Comment

• Here is one...

Comment

• I posted awhile ago that I wanted a green Avanti. I'm good with Photoshop, but have no experience changing the color of a foam model for real, but concluded that if I wanted a green Avanti it was up to me. I bought a yellow ARF+ and commenced to learning. I opted to use Liquitex fluorescent green rattle can and I'm cutting my own vinyl. I've finished the vertical stab. Have two wings painted, now doing graphics.
                              I would like to put a better than stock power system in this and would appreciate recommendations. I want it to be a 32mm inrunner and 6S setup. The reason for the 32mm inrunner is I bought a afterburner setup for it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Avanti Stab.png Views:	1 Size:	1.08 MB ID:	305058

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Page View Post
                                I posted awhile ago that I wanted a green Avanti. I'm good with Photoshop, but have no experience changing the color of a foam model for real, but concluded that if I wanted a green Avanti it was up to me. I bought a yellow ARF+ and commenced to learning. I opted to use Liquitex fluorescent green rattle can and I'm cutting my own vinyl. I've finished the vertical stab. Have two wings painted, now doing graphics.
                                I would like to put a better than stock power system in this and would appreciate recommendations. I want it to be a 32mm inrunner and 6S setup. The reason for the 32mm inrunner is I bought a afterburner setup for it.

Click image for larger version Name:	Avanti Stab.png Views:	1 Size:	1.08 MB ID:	305058
                                Good job, Scott. The green color looks nice.

If you want a different EDF and Motor that fits your preferences, then take a look at purchasing the FMS 80mm 12-Blade with 2100kv Inrunner motor (32mm diameter). As for an ESC, a Hobbywing 100A will suffice and is the common ESC brand Freewing tends to use on their PNP jets. Keep in mind though that the FMS EDF/Motor above can push the limits of that 100A ESC (FMS tends to use 100A ESC’s with the power system mentioned), so smart throttle use is beneficial, keep the ESC in the stock location on this aircraft for good airflow, and then determine whether you want to use an internal BEC or external BEC as your preference.

Comment

• Ive used both acyrlic paint and iron on Oracover film on EPO foam models and definitly recomend the fillm over paint. The finish is much better and it adds protection to the foam making the model look as though it is a composite model. The 2 you tube clips below will help. Start with you iron on low temperature setting and gradualy increase until you find the 'sweet spot' where the adhesive melts but the film retains its gloss finish. Don't worry the EPO is very temperature resistant. Good luck with it.

Ready to transform your model's wing into a work of art? Discover the genius of 'Press'n Seal' as John unveils his signature method for flawless checkered de...

Comment

• Forgot to add the following link regarding an upgraded power unit. This guy has it to the max

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REJ6...efmCh&index=45

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Page View Post
                                      That seems a bit like putting the cart in front of the horse.

When you make your own afterburner you can customize it to any motor you like. See my blog:

And I have posted dozens of adapters for different motors on Thingiverse:

These are mounts to attach LED lamps to various EDF fan motors. The file names describe which ones. The 90mm_39 dual mount is customized for the Freewing Eurofighter with the 39mm inrunner motor, the 80mm dual is for the E Eflite F-4 Phantom and the 70mm dual is for the FMS F/A-18, although they should fit other twin tailpipe models with the same motors. The adapter "Short_Dual_FMS..." fits the FMS Rafale which has very limited space behind the motor. If a spec looks like 90_40mm it means a 90mm fan with a 40mm inrunner motor, etc.. With the exception of the special B-1B adapters (see below) if a file contains "V2", "V3" or "V4" in its filename it is specifically for the lamp listed here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R3Z1K3B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 These are only $2 each if a 10-pack is purchased, and they are very bright. Otherwise they are for the lamps listed in the following article: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3313547-Making-an-inexpensive-EDF-centerburner for details. Make sure lamps and adapters are securely attached and that all wiring is secured so it can't get sucked into the fan. I have added a small converter so that the different lamps in the link below can be used with the earlier adapters. You will need to remove the yellow plastic part and glue the bulb to the converter, which then fits the EDF adapter.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R3Z1K3B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 The adapter "Dual Flickr 70_30mm V2 FMS PRO inrunner.stl" is for a single 70mm fan with 30mm motor and with twin exhausts (FMS F/A-18) and has a divider between the lamps so they can flicker independently without bleeding too much into the other tailpipe. The ArrowsRC Mig29 and F-15 adapters do NOT fit onto the EDF motor. It goes in the tailpipe 1mm behind the motor - see the blog description. There is a spacer that can be used to precisely locate the adapter 1mm behind the motor - remove after attaching the adapter in the tailpipe. The 64mm F-16 adapter was created by Martin T and is described here:https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=45701171&postcount=331 The 70-30 B-1B adapters are for the XFly (Banana Hobbies) B-1B. The motor wires exit slightly to the side, so the hole in the adapter is offset to suit and you will need to make right and left handed versions It also is designed for the narrow LED lamps to minimize obstruction to the airflow in the narrow exhaust ducts. It is also short due to the limited space behind the motor. There are three slightly different versions.

Comment

• Ten different styles of 3D printable exhaust nozzles for the Avanti:

The rear of the FW Avanti S looks unfinished. Here is a set of nozzles for the 80mm Avanti S, in a variety of styles from civilian noise abatement to MiG to F-4 to F-16 variable geometry to F-35 stealth. Print parameters are not important - choose infill and wall thickness according to weight needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

That seems a bit like putting the cart in front of the horse.
                                          It would seem that way however I changed plans for the green Avanti once things progressed. I'd purchased the Afterburner for my red Avanti that I started with. I'd planned to put that airframe to an early retirement and move the power system to the ARF+ I'm painting green. However as things progressed well with the Green Avanti I decided to purchase an additional power system and have both a functional red and the new green. I ordered a Castle Phoenix Edge 100A ESC and Freewing 80mm 9-Blade EDF Power System w/3658-1920kV Inrunner Motor. I could not find the FMS system recommended above to buy in the states (except on Amazon where they wanted $200) - so I guess this will be close to the stock fan/motor with a premium(ish) ESC.

Making slow progress - nearly finished the wings today - however I'm not happy with the way the chrome pinstriping looks in the curves. It puckers.Click image for larger version  Name:	Avant Wings.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.0 KB ID:	305356

Comment

Working...
                                          X