Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle cut AND unplug the battery when carrying the plane/heli.

Comment

• Thunder Thrust at Chatham-Kent Airport in Canada was a big success. Here are a few photos of my A-10 in action. Lar Ing does a fantastic job of capturing this great Freewing A-10.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post
        Thunder Thrust at Chatham-Kent Airport in Canada was a big success. Here are a few photos of my A-10 in action. Lar Ing does a fantastic job of capturing this great Freewing A-10.
        Super excellent pictures!
        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Super excellent pictures!
          Thanks a bunch.

Comment

• Hey guys, just checking in.....it's been awhile but really had nothing to report until I got enough feeling back in my left thumb and forefinger to chance maidening the new A-10. Sooooooo I finally did it yesterday and got one more subsequent flight in before dark..........WOOHOO!!!!:Cool: This one has the upgraded mains and stock nose gear and I am here to tell you that ,for my field conditions,(short grass and hard ground) this is the hot ticket. No more bouncing problems even though I came down a little harder than I wanted. I mistakenly had my timer set to beep at 20% throttle which actually shuts the motors down. Had to reset to 36% to have the right throttle setting for landing for some reason:Thinking:. Anyway I got it reset while the batteries were still plugged in so it will be ready the next time I fly. Still getting used to the new IX 12. :Confused:

Comment

• Haven't flown mine in almost two months, waiting for the heat to die down some. Summer is build season for me, unfortunately the only thing I've been building this summer are home repairs. :Angry:
              Pat

Comment

• Here is mine, got four more flights on it this morning, I have lost track of how many flights now but mine is all stock gear and all. Got to be the best flying EDF out there...............:Cool:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1617[1].JPG
Views:	452
Size:	262.6 KB
ID:	154226

Comment

• That is some amazing paint job..and photography too! How's Noah doing? Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                    Haven't flown mine in almost two months, waiting for the heat to die down some. Summer is build season for me, unfortunately the only thing I've been building this summer are home repairs. :Angry:
                    I feel your pain on the house repairs. We've been in our house over twenty years now and maintenance/replacement is becoming a big part of my time.:Whew: Really cuts into buiding/flying time.:(

Comment

• I replaced the nose retract on mine as the play was getting large and it recently failed after perhaps 10 flights (fortunately in the down position). I contacted our friends at Motion yesterday with these accompanying photos and just arrived home to a shipping notice and note that a replacement was being sent out
                      These guys continue to impress me in most every way and I thought this should be shared. ​The first photo is the bad one, the part of the circuit board angled up and getting brushed by the screw mechanism. Second pic is of a good one.
                      Tom
                      P.S. Hi Brad!

Comment

• 150 flights now and still my favorite model to take to the field. Tried my hand at weathering a few weeks back (for the first time) and used the pastel pencil/minwax satin rattle can method. Not bad for the little effort I put in (two hours).

Freewing A10, F4, F22, Sebart Avanti S mini

Comment

• Dirt applied
                          Attached Files
                          Freewing A10, F4, F22, Sebart Avanti S mini

Comment

• Looking good, John2kx, dirt don't hurt! I like a well weathered 'hog!

The factory beater here has seen better days but it's still flying strong. It's above 400 flights on our lifespan test regimen. Most times we kill them at 300 but this one is special. It's now serving as a testbed for various products and accessories in development.
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• http://youtube.comPfiDORnQeolO.K. Just some video of a hard landing last week which shows how well the upgraded mains work for minimizing bounce. Not proud of the landing or takeoff for that matter but I think it illustrates how well these upgrades work on hard ground and short grass. Sorry, guess I can't figure out how to post the video properly.:Thinking:

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                                http://youtube.comPfiDORnQeolO.K. Just some video of a hard landing last week which shows how well the upgraded mains work for minimizing bounce. Not proud of the landing or takeoff for that matter but I think it illustrates how well these upgrades work on hard ground and short grass. Sorry, guess I can't figure out how to post the video properly.:Thinking:
                                The link doesn't work anyway. Go to your video on YouTube. Highlight the URL (address at the top) and copy it. Come back to your post here (edit) and click on the "A" for the advanced editor. Click on the little symbol that looks like a piece of movie film (insert video). Now paste the URL into the space and do what it says. Now your video will appear in the post after you "save" the edit.

Comment

• O.K. this is the video I was refering to in previous post. Thanks to Aros and xviper for the help in posting.

Comment

• Just thought I would give an update on my grandson Noah. Vision is 20/60. Doctors are mystified. Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes. Miracles do happen.

Comment

• Amen to that!

Comment

• Great news!!!

Comment

• ColtPilot, that is a very heartening, thanks for keeping us in the loop! I'm very happy to hear about Noah's miracle!
                                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
                                          X