Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expo works in different ways for different people. You already know what it's like with zero expo. Why don't you start small and work your way up. Eg. start at 10, If not "right", then 20, then 30, etc. When you get to a point where it no longer feels right, go back by 1/2 as much as the last increase.
    It's like asking what orthotics, if any, does everyone like.

Comment

• Hi everyone,

I purchased the A-10 and currently in the middle of a rescheme plus adding in a few little extras. I was wondering if anyone had fitted and tubes in the cannon to make it look like it really has barrels? Also wondering if anyone has any tips for the ladder and any other little mods?

Thanks in advance and hope to chat to some of you soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pilot-GJC View Post
        Hi everyone,

I purchased the A-10 and currently in the middle of a rescheme plus adding in a few little extras. I was wondering if anyone had fitted and tubes in the cannon to make it look like it really has barrels? Also wondering if anyone has any tips for the ladder and any other little mods? Thanks in advance and hope to chat to some of you soon.
        PG, Welcome to Hobby Squawk, though I see you.ve been a member since March of '21. March Mayhem participant? I would think 1/16th inch aluminum tubing would work for your gun barrels and similarly that telescoping brass or aluminum tubing would be a good starting point for your ladder. In early posts in this thread RCjetdude did the ladder and storage door to his A-10 and much more. Click 'filter' above right and click 'Photos Only' and start at the beginning of the posts (page 1) just look for his work. It is very well done and will give you an idea of what is possible. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I can't quite remember why I joined way back in March 21,however I could have been after watching one of Pilot Ryan's videos and him mentioning the forum?

I've had quite a few models since joining, however I've really taken to rescheming them just lately, some of which have featured on the live Motion RC YouTube channel, my digital SU-35 was in the top 10 😉

I had just started searching through the photos and have already come across some of the ones you mentioned. I'm really enjoying this A10 and any little extras will add to the scale look, although I have a habit of making them look really good I end up selling them rather than flying them 🤦🏻‍♂️

Comment

• Elbee
            Elbee commented
            Editing a comment
            I do understand, many times it is the building that inspires me most and after a few flights, I am on the the next challenge. I must say that the A-10 is such a great flyer it is probably my favorite for that. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. Best, LB

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
          Expo works in different ways for different people. You already know what it's like with zero expo. Why don't you start small and work your way up. Eg. start at 10, If not "right", then 20, then 30, etc. When you get to a point where it no longer feels right, go back by 1/2 as much as the last increase.
          It's like asking what orthotics, if any, does everyone like.
          Yes I have been adding expo for the last few flights and the difference is noticeable given the small increments I’m using. I was curious to what others have found outside the recommended rates in the manual.

Comment

• Rates in the manual is in terms of % throws and purely for "starters" and for a general reference. What other use may have very little reference to what you might be doing. Expo is not even mentioned in the book because this is such an individual thing.
            OK, for what it's worth (and it isn't worth much). For AIL, I'm going with 70, 55, 40% throws with expo of 40, 30, 30 respectively. This is what I need to do to achieve the mm throws in the manual. For ELE, 100, 80,60% with expo of 40, 40, 40. RUD, 65, 55, 45% with expo of 40, 40, 40. Also, when I fly, I'll use a different rate for each control surface depending on how I feel and what I'm trying to do with the plane at any given moment. Thus, having set throws and expo programmed for any given plane isn't very helpful to others as I may not use one or two of the switch positions.
            As I said, my numbers are meaningless to anyone except me. Others may also have their control rods in different holes on the servo arm and on the control arm, making their numbers even less meaningful. Throw in a gyro and it's out the window. I think that's why very few people answer such questions about throws and expo. The best answers will be to use whatever works for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by lt1pwr View Post
              Just curious how much expo folks are using on the elevator? I'm trying to smooth out my landings on a grass runway and not have it too sensitive.

Thanks!

Jay
              I start with 30% and adjust as needed.

Mike
              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Hi everyone,

I purchased the A-10 and currently in the middle of a rescheme plus adding in a few little extras. I was wondering if anyone had fitted and tubes in the cannon to make it look like it really has barrels? Also wondering if anyone has any tips for the ladder and any other little mods?

I drilled mine out with very small drill bit, and then airbrushed weathering and gunpowder stains on it.
                Saves weight, no extra tubes to glue in.

-Dave
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by ATCDave1 View Post

I drilled mine out with very small drill bit, and then airbrushed weathering and gunpowder stains on it.
                  Saves weight, no extra tubes to glue in.

-Dave
                  Dave, Very nicely done. Looks great. Best, Steve
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Hi everyone,

cannon is 3d printed . The fuel port door open and closes with a micro servo in parallel with the gear door. Opens when gear is up and assists with cooling the battery

Click image for larger version

Name:	20221120_150032.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	361854

Comment

• Originally posted by ParaCanary View Post

cannon is 3d printed . The fuel port door open and closes with a micro servo in parallel with the gear door. Opens when gear is up and assists with cooling the battery

Name:	20221120_150032.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	361854
                      Love that idea, would be really interested if you had anymore photos?
                      ​​​​​​
                      Where did you get the 3d printed cannon from?

Comment

PC, nicely done, looks great and is clever as heck. Best, LB
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20221121_140541.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	361910
                          Originally posted by Pilot-GJC View Post

Love that idea, would be really interested if you had anymore photos?
                          ​​​​​​
                          Where did you get the 3d printed cannon from?
                          everything is printed on a Prusa 3d printer. You will save money if you buy a printer instead of having it commercially printed. Programming is easy with Free "tinkercad". If this is not your thing check out thingiverse.com. Search for DirtyDee for A-10 stl files which can be commercially printed. The gattling gun is hard to print requiring multiple steps. The holes are the hard part requiring a jig with support inside and outside the heat shield. I have included some pictures ​ to perk your interest. ​ Click image for larger version

Name:	20221121_140023.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	361904Click image for larger version

Name:	20221121_140042.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	361905Click image for larger version

Name:	20221121_140339.jpg
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	361906Click image for larger version

Name:	20221121_140103.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	361907Click image for larger version

Name:	20221121_140456.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	361908

Name:	20221121_135931.jpg
Views:	552
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	361903
                          Attached Files

Comment

Name:	20221121_140541.jpg
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	361910

everything is printed on a Prusa 3d printer. You will save money if you buy a printer instead of having it commercially printed. Programming is easy with Free "tinkercad". If this is not your thing check out thingiverse.com. Search for DirtyDee for A-10 stl files which can be commercially printed. The gattling gun is hard to print requiring multiple steps. The holes are the hard part requiring a jig with support inside and outside the heat shield. I have included some pictures ​ to perk your interest. ​ Click image for larger version

Name:	20221121_140023.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	361904Click image for larger version

Name:	20221121_140042.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	361905Click image for larger version

Name:	20221121_140339.jpg
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	361906Click image for larger version

Name:	20221121_140103.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	361907Click image for larger version

Name:	20221121_140456.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	361908

Name:	20221121_135931.jpg
Views:	552
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	361903
                            I'm literally printing the gun as we speak, cockpit and pilot are next, I then have a really cool idea for the ladder, will be printing off the more scale looking nacelle outlets and then for more scale looking ordinance. The new paint scheme is almost done, I've printed off the majority or decals using my partners printer.

I'm still pretty new to all this but I'm learning with every project.

Anymore pictures/details on the fuel port door as I think this would really finish the model off.

Comment

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":361910}[everything is printed on a Prusa 3d printer. You will save money if you buy a printer instead of having it commercially printed. Programming is easy with Free "tinkercad". If this is not your thing check out thingiverse.com. Search for DirtyDee for A-10 stl files which can be commercially printed. The gattling gun is hard to print requiring multiple steps. The holes are the hard part requiring a jig with support inside and outside the heat shield. I have included some pictures ​ to perk your interest. ​]

PC, The A-10 was my entry back into RC after 25+ years away. Things had changed a great deal, but all for the better.
                              • Freewing A-10
                              • Dirty Dee Cockpit Kit
                              • Prusa i3 MK3
                              • TinkerCAD
                              You're doing nice work there, Sir. Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I'm literally printing the gun as we speak, cockpit and pilot are next, I then have a really cool idea for the ladder, will be printing off the more scale looking nacelle outlets and then for more scale looking ordinance. The new paint scheme is almost done, I've printed off the majority or decals using my partners printer.

I'm still pretty new to all this but I'm learning with every project.

Anymore pictures/details on the fuel port door as I think this would really finish the model off.
                                the hinge for the fuel door is just .2mm pla. Very flexable at this thickness and mine has lasted for over 1000 cycles. Also try to design everything in vase mode with no supports. For strength print a tube to go inside to act as a doubler. Also consider using different materials. The IR sensor on my sidewinder is plastic tube, sanded to shape and buffed out with a dremel drill. All on Amazon. And while you are at it, make a case for your missiles. Hope this helps

Name:	20221122_065251.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	361965Click image for larger version

Name:	20221122_065314.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	361966

Name:	20221122_065331.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	361967Click image for larger version

Name:	20221122_070853.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	361968Click image for larger version

Name:	20221122_071051.jpg
Views:	524
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	361969

Comment

• Hi modellers.
                                  Which set of landing gear do You recommend for the A-10 model - 90% take-off and landing from hard surface ( asphalt runway) maybe 10% from grass.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAFALR30 View Post
                                    Hi modellers.
                                    Which set of landing gear do You recommend for the A-10 model - 90% take-off and landing from hard surface ( asphalt runway) maybe 10% from grass.
                                    Use Mixed Set v1 for hard surfaces (so you have to buy the upgraded mains), Mixed Set v2 for grass (so you have to buy the upgraded nose). I have flown Mixed Set v2 from both asphalt and grass no problem.
                                    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by RAFALR30 View Post
                                      Hi modellers.
                                      I've flown both the No.1 Factory Set and No. 4 Mixed Set V2, mostly on grass, although several times on asphalt as well. I personally like the stock mains, no matter what surface. The upgraded nose, although supposedly more suitable for grass, gave me an issue (only on grass) that ultimately caused me to go back to the stock nose gear. On about 20% of my take-offs, and a few on landing, the nose wheel was pushed back far enough to get stuck on the rear nose gear door, acting like an immediate brake and not allowing the nose wheel to turn. Usually happened on rough higher grass, but when it happened on a landing and skidded to a stop, I switched out the nose gear to the stock and never noticed a difference, on grass or asphalt. I heard from a few others this happened to them as well, and maybe coulda' modified the nose gear door, but the stock nose gear worked fine and I'm just a bit lazy.
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Here is a accessory to go with your A-10 that is selling on Etsy. It is a replica of the GAU-8/A Avenger in the A-10 that measures 19" long and 6" high while sitting on the stand. Here is the link to the shop also there is a pen holder on there as well https://www.etsy.com/shop/Exocoetus?..._id=1341983043.

I started designing the boarding ladder but have gotten side tracked on other projects on the AL-37 side. I plan on returning to it soon and I will put the .stl files up on here

Jeff

Name:	20221117_165411.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	362226Click image for larger version

Name:	20221117_165316.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	362227

Comment

Working...