Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing Twin 80mm/90mm A-10 Thunderbolt II Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woohoo! Congrats Shirty!

Comment

• Cheers mate. I'm looking forward to sharing the experience with you guys. $1007 all up for us in Perth, but I'm sure I'll get my money's worth in the fun this thing will be to fly. Now my mate Kurt has one ordered too, I'm pretty sure a tandem A10 shirty film is in order. Should be easy to mount a couple of möbius cameras on the wing pods on both too. :)

(Now the hell of waiting for it to arrive starts lol).

Comment

• I'm a Canadian lurker, chiming in on the price. The estimate was $499. I was going to buy the ordnance package anyway so as far as I'm concerned, the price is dead on. My landed cost by the way after shipping and exchange is just over CAD $900. This is a bargain to me especially when I've bought $2000 helis without flinching. The other thing is that with the way MRC has brought us all together for 4 months, giving us opportunity for input, planning, hearing great stories and just for the shear excitement, I would have paid another $200 just for the experience! Thanks, all!! :Hug:

Allan

Comment

• Well said. Especially for a Canadian lol. ;) Welcome to the squawk mate.

Comment

• I should have added an "eh?" for effect and then apologized for something!

Comment

• Lol. Don't worry mate. At least you guys speak recognisable English, unlike us Aussies eh? ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by ColtPilot View Post
                Just pulled the trigger on this A-10. Now I will have 3 LX's, 1 CGRC, and this one. Oh my what to do. A-10 Firenze.
                What to do is get the UMX A-10 to complete your set Tim!

Comment

• Looking forward to finishing my plane in MI National Guard markings from Callie Graphics. Do we have pictures of what the plane looks like as shipped without the water slide markings applied? Are they all missing or just some/

Pete

Comment

• Originally posted by abeeb View Post
                    I'm a Canadian lurker, chiming in on the price. The estimate was $499. I was going to buy the ordnance package anyway so as far as I'm concerned, the price is dead on. My landed cost by the way after shipping and exchange is just over CAD $900. This is a bargain to me especially when I've bought $2000 helis without flinching.Allan
                    My thoughts exactly, including the heli statement. Pretty soon the complainers are going to want their receiver of choice included in the price. I'd say Motion and Freewing satisfied about 99% of us and that is clearly a home run and should help keep them in business for a long time to come. So long as I have disposable income to blow on this hobby, I will be returning customer.

Comment

• Besides all should remember the INCREDIBLE CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND SERVICES.:Cool:
                      Dewey l

Comment

• I have no issues with the 50 bucks at all. I was prepared to spend that on armament. By the time I bought replacement gear and had to replace servos in my LX A-10 I had at least $550 in it and than gave it to a good friend to make for this one. Now the fun part the wait. If 50 bucks is the deal breaker on a model than your are in the wrong hobby.

Mike
                        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• I'm just hoping that the complaining about the price, the "lemons" (not sure where that is coming from), etc., doesn't make MRC stop being as transparent and forthcoming as they have been with this plane. I am very thankful to do business with a company that is up-front and honest with their customers. I was going to order the weapons anyway, so seeing the $550 price and reading the ordnance was included = spot-on for me.

And I'm glad someone else said it, but I 100% agree - if $50 makes or breaks you on a $500+ purchase, then perhaps this isn't the right hobby for you.

Comment

• I really think the only complaining was that one dude, and anybody that bought the fms one. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_Then View Post
                              I'm just hoping that the complaining about the price, the "lemons" (not sure where that is coming from), etc., doesn't make MRC stop being as transparent and forthcoming as they have been with this plane. I am very thankful to do business with a company that is up-front and honest with their customers. I was going to order the weapons anyway, so seeing the $550 price and reading the ordnance was included = spot-on for me.

And I'm glad someone else said it, but I 100% agree - if $50 makes or breaks you on a $500+ purchase, then perhaps this isn't the right hobby for you.
                              it's very obvious the majority here and the "other" forum are happy with the price. I'm more concerned that Motion may keep stuff under wraps due to the "other" guys offering the same product.

Mike
                              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• I am more than happy to pay this price. The people complaining would bitch if they were hung with a new rope. Let's just hang them with an old rope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_Then View Post
                                  I'm just hoping that the complaining about the price, the "lemons" (not sure where that is coming from), etc., doesn't make MRC stop being as transparent and forthcoming as they have been with this plane. I am very thankful to do business with a company that is up-front and honest with their customers. I was going to order the weapons anyway, so seeing the $550 price and reading the ordnance was included = spot-on for me.

Same here,100% Agree Mike! I can't afford Real Turbine powered Jets. But I'm not going to go to their pages and start Be itching about how expensive they are? I play at a level I can afford.
                                  Jim.

Comment

• I got mine ordered yesterday, so now I have a battery question. I have the HP 90mm F15 and the 90mm F16. Both fly extremely well but eat thru a 5000mah battery in 3.5 minutes at most. I have the 80mm fan F86 but I haven't flown it enough to get a good read on the 80mm fan vs battery life. What batteries are you guys looking to go with for this beast??

Comment

• Originally posted by dusmmdb View Post
                                      I got mine ordered yesterday, so now I have a battery question. I have the HP 90mm F15 and the 90mm F16. Both fly extremely well but eat thru a 5000mah battery in 3.5 minutes at most. I have the 80mm fan F86 but I haven't flown it enough to get a good read on the 80mm fan vs battery life. What batteries are you guys looking to go with for this beast??
                                      I have 2 x 500 mAh packs and 2 x 5500 mAh packs. If Tony was getting 3.5 - 4 minutes with 4000 mAh packs, I fully expect to get 5+ minutes with my batteries with throttle management.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Thank you. You said it better than I could have.
                                        Aros, Thank you and your team for the transparency you guys provided throughout this process. Please do not let the discontent of one person put the cloak back on the R&D process. Having the level of access to the behind the scenes development was enlightening for me and others here on Hobby Squawk and RCGroups.

I have always had a thing for 3 jet airplanes, the F-4 Phantom, F-16 and A-10. I fly off of a grass field so the A-10 was high on my list.

Comment

• they always tell me cool ain't cheep, but good luck all the same

Comment

Working...
                                          X