Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a part for the Nose gear brace/support for the Freewing AvantiS in ABS or PLA, 30% filling, 0.2mm resolution, 5 layers everywhere If your plane never flew yet print the +1mm, i used the -1mm because i had a crash and i bent the front gear, i could not repaired it as a new one. -1mm = 13mm from the gear to the back of the plate 0mm = 14mm +1mm= 15mm +2mm= 16mm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0F_y3McXKQ

Here's the 3d file

Comment

• Originally posted by Hemidoo View Post
      now what? Some of us aren’t 3D printer knowledgeable. Thanks for your help with the file though. Can I just send that file to somebody online, pay them some $$ and the part shows up in my mailbox a week later?

Comment

• Yes, or if you have a buddy who has a printer, buy him a drink !

Sent an email to Chris (rc geek)
        for print help. Dirty Dee also is an expert 3D printer

Simple piece which can be mounted behind the front retract on the Avanti S. This will give the gear better support during landing, especially on bumpy ground and if you just so happen to bounce around and strike the front gear first.
        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
          Setting up flaps is not that hard but it does need a sequence of events to make them work. Did you go into the servo sub-trim menu for flaps to try and "zero" them out as best you can? Then, did you go into the flap system page and assign the proper switch and deployment speed? Then start with the flap position "0" and dial that in to set the flaps as neutral as possible? Then moving to position "1", dial in whatever it takes to get you a desirable take off flap? Then go to position "2" and dial in whatever it takes for landing flaps? If your elevator is moving, that means you've dialed in some compensation but at this point, maybe that's not a good idea till you find out exactly how much you need. Start with that at zero. A slow flap deployment should negate any need for elevator compensation.
          Hi thanks for your help. I should have mentioned I’m not a newbie with flaps as I have several including fms tigercat. My current problem is when I first powered up the Avanti all the servos moved to centre including the flap servos. But as of last night I can’t seem to get them to move now. Not had time tonight to look, but obviously power is there as they moved on power up, maybe my programming is at fault. I’m using Spektrum iX12

Comment

• My personal best for my stock Avanti so far.....strong winds today, but the Avanti handles it with ease :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Supertoyz View Post
              My personal best for my stock Avanti so far.....strong winds today, but the Avanti handles it with ease :-)
              Thats fast ! ! I've seen 120 mph

Comment

• He said "strong winds". Maybe that speed was achieved going with the wind.

Comment

• I have 2 landing gear braces for this plane if interested (40.00/ea), they are yellow and 3D printed from; Here is the .STL for the Nose gear brace/support for Freewing AvantiS :
                  https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2553111

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave_oh View Post
                    I have 2 landing gear braces for this plane if interested (40.00/ea), they are yellow and 3D printed from; Here is the .STL for the Nose gear brace/support for Freewing AvantiS :
                    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2553111
                    I'll take one. Can we do Paypal?

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

Welcome! I have used the 80mm FW inrunner power systems many times with a Hobbywing 100A (if you have any other Freewing 100A ESC’s from other planes lying around, it works great and is the same). An 80A just doesn’t provide enough headroom/safety-cushion for the current draw on the system. It’s better to be safe the sorry. The 100A FlyFun Hobbywings can be found relatively inexpensive and tend to be very reliable. The Gecko 125A/155A will likely work as well, but depends on the firmware sometimes as it can take some configuring to make some systems run smooth. Usually with the 80mm Freewing inrunner power system, low timing works fine, but if it doesn’t run smooth on low timing then medium usually cures it. If you purchase the Freewing/Hobbywing ESC and need to change the settings easily, we can point you in the correct direction for a program card.
                      Thx T-CAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                        Yes, or if you have a buddy who has a printer, buy him a drink !

Sent an email to Chris (rc geek)
                        for print help. Dirty Dee also is an expert 3D printer

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2873634
                        Dahawk:

Thank you for sharing the file on the Avanti Nose Brace. I'm not a 3D printer guy (yet....), so I clicked your link and ordered three RED braces from Print A Thing (I ordered two for spares - hopefully I won't need them). I got in on the pre-order for the RED Avanti, so I hope to see the jet later this month - can't wait!! Anyway, Print A Thing charged me $1.89 each, plus a $4.50 printer set up fee, and a $4.50 shipping fee - total for all three pieces was $14.67 (plus $1.00 for a tip as recommended on the site). I ordered the braces on Friday (8/31) and got them today (9/4). I can't wait to receive my jet and get the brace installed. The picture shows the top and bottom view of the brace, and of course I will drill the holes for screw access. My sincere thanks for sharing the file for us non-3D printer guys. If we ever meet, the drink is on me!

Regards,
                        Jim

Click image for larger version

Name:	Avanti Nose Brace.jpg
Views:	1007
Size:	244.4 KB
ID:	149948

Comment

• Beautiful quality kit is let down by poor quality wing fences mine are distorted so I’m looking at possible materials to make new ones from. Anyone had or done the same ?

Comment

• I seem to sense that a lot of people, myself included, never used the wing fences. They don't appear to do anything anyway.

Comment

• Yep. I threw them in the trash LOL. I don’t like the way they look and mine were distorted out the box too.

Comment

• made mine from plexy glass from lowe pic on this thread 2038 pg105 or 106 invisable wing fences

Comment

• Originally posted by Marksj100 View Post
                                  Beautiful quality kit is let down by poor quality wing fences mine are distorted so I’m looking at possible materials to make new ones from. Anyone had or done the same ?
                                  Mine were so bad I decided to make new ones. Went ahead and flew it without them. The airplane flies great so I never got around to making them. I have flown one with and mine without. I can't tell the difference.

Rick

Comment

• My Avanti had an argument with a sagebrush. the result was the leading edge of the wing got dented in. At first I was just going to get another set of wings, but then I considered it a challenge to repair her.
                                    First step was to lay a soaking wet towel over the damage and heat the area with a hair dryer

this is after the steaming:

Name:	IMG_3967.JPG
Views:	868
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	151528
                                    Then I started working it out and used Foam-Tac in the cracks and Foam Filler on the leading edge to regain some of the strength.

Name:	IMG_3970.JPG
Views:	850
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	151529
                                    Afterwards, the whole surface was covered in Foam Filler and sanded several times Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3976.JPG
Views:	849
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	151530
                                    To the point where she looked pretty good, then some paint matching and a lot of Minwax Spar Varathene that I allowed to roll down into the dimples that were not quite gone yet. Hand painted the graphics, not the greatest job and the grey isn't quite right, but good enough until Winter/repair season kicks in.

Name:	IMG_4024.JPG
Views:	863
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	151531

She's ready for the air (hopefully) again!

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Looks good! Best of luck on the reflight!

Comment

• Has anyone bothered with Electric brakes on the Avanti. I have about 250-300 ft of tarmac to land on

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                          My Avanti had an argument with a sagebrush. the result was the leading edge of the wing got dented in. At first I was just going to get another set of wings, but then I considered it a challenge to repair her.
                                          Then I started working it out and used Foam-Tac in the cracks and Foam Filler on the leading edge to regain some of the strength.
                                          Grossman56
                                          I'm not familiar with foam filler at all.
                                          What is is like, what is some brand names, and where can you get it?

Comment

Working...
                                          X