Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty good. It has large wheels and trailing link suspension.

Comment

• Originally posted by tcb2185 View Post
      How well does this fly off of grass fields. Im looking for a edf jet but our runway is grass and a bit bumpy.
      I'm flying off grass and the Avanti gets off extremely easy, so much so that I don't even use take-off flaps. Needs less than 100 feet on grass. The Avanti has fairly large main and nose wheels (larger than all my other EDF's including the Mig 29) which makes getting off rough or thick grass no issue. Get one, you'll love it!
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Good deal. She’s ordered. Can’t wait to get it. And start the build. Anything else I should be on the lookout for?

Comment

Good deal. She’s ordered. Can’t wait to get it. And start the build. Anything else I should be on the lookout for?
          The decals tend to lift, be prepared to stick them back down with a thin smear of FoamTac or similar.
          Put a brace behind the nose gear leg, there are 3d printed ones or you can make up something out of balsa and plywood.
          Apart from that it’s a great jet.

Comment

• Or coat the airplane with Minwax water based gloss to seal down decals, works every time.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark 2 View Post

The decals tend to lift, be prepared to stick them back down with a thin smear of FoamTac or similar.
              Put a brace behind the nose gear leg, there are 3d printed ones or you can make up something out of balsa and plywood.
              Apart from that it’s a great jet.
              All ready got that printed. I also did the rear thrust ring.

Comment

• I gotta admit this thing is bigger than I thought. Adding as3x to it.

Comment

• Double posted for some reason.
                  Last edited by tcb2185; Apr 19, 2023, 11:08 AM. Reason: Double post

Comment

All ready got that printed. I also did the rear thrust ring.
                    What is the "thrust ring"?

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20230423_111940.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	376176

That's a thrust ring in the exhaust.
                      Had my Avanti out today and she flew great even in the wind. Did some experimenting with speeds flying into a head wind, I found at 1/4 throttle she was still flying straight and level. Landed with one click of throttle and no flaps. She still had a bit of a bounce, no biggie. Hard to believe how long I've had this bird!

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	20230423_111940.jpg Views:	0 Size:	156.5 KB ID:	376176

That's a thrust ring in the exhaust.
                        Had my Avanti out today and she flew great even in the wind. Did some experimenting with speeds flying into a head wind, I found at 1/4 throttle she was still flying straight and level. Landed with one click of throttle and no flaps. She still had a bit of a bounce, no biggie. Hard to believe how long I've had this bird!

Grossman56

That's not his Avanti. I'm trying to clarify what he made for his Avanti.

I'd call what you show a "thrust tube".

Comment

• Great way to end the day here

Comment

• So given the release of the Cougar, I wonder what upgrades the V2 Avanti will have.
                            Do you think they'd install that new power system, include the quick release wing mechanism, and a gyro as well? Besides the new color scheme of course. I wonder when the V2 will be released too, hopefully this summer

Comment

• They are starting to put the new fan in other planes but not the ESC or gyro.

Comment

• i just finished my Avanti-M rework, so here a few pictures...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230603_214546_k300.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	378837Click image for larger version

Name:	20230604_071032_k300.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	232.9 KB
ID:	378838Click image for larger version

Name:	20230604_071041_k300.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	378839Click image for larger version

Name:	20230604_073202_k300.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	229.1 KB
ID:	378840

Comment

• How do I get the motor cover off the fuselage on my Avanti. Very tight fit any suggestions

Comment

• After taking out the screws I lightly screw two drywall screws in the holes to grab the cover and gently pull back and forth.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarbirdFan66 View Post
                                      i just finished my Avanti-M rework, so here a few pictures...

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230603_214546_k300.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	378837Click image for larger version

Name:	20230604_071032_k300.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	232.9 KB
ID:	378838Click image for larger version

Name:	20230604_071041_k300.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	378839Click image for larger version

Name:	20230604_073202_k300.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	229.1 KB
ID:	378840
                                      OUTSTANDING!!!
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• All of my control surfaces work except the elevators. I have no clue how to resolve this issue. Can anyone have any idea how to fix this. This is my first jet it’s the 88mm Avanti.

Comment

• Make sure all your connections are correct, RX to the board and servo wires to the board. Probably one in the wrong slot or upside down.

Comment

Working...
                                          X