Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All of them should have the newest upgraded elevator servos and linkage.

The elevator servos and linkages were the issue on the old one and all should be updated now. Other things like too short of screws holding the elevator horns on and putting in larger gauge servo extensions have not been done. The reflex is a home made mod. Some flying off grass or high time flying off pavement have noted issues with the main gear toeing out...

I haven't heard anything new though James has hinted something is coming.

Have you considered the Arrows MiG29?

Comment

• Thanks Evan for the thoughts. I did the same thing with the big FMS Corsair… wires were way under spec and needed replacement but on a EDF with full flying stabs that is even more of a complicating risk factor and appreciate the heads up.

on the Red Arrows you mean the twin 64mm one? Or the TV FW?

I notice in some of the trailing link gear they wear a little and start to toe out a bit naturally. That can start to get hard on gear mounts and tire wear.

Comment

• Finally!

Fresh flights from yesterday!

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
          Finally!

Fresh flights from yesterday!

Great to see it in the air again, definitely right where it belongs!!!! Excellent video and recommendations, as usual.
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I got my mig 29 about a week go I I need to figure out what all I need to make she fly does anyone know let me know

Comment

• Originally posted by F2coffee View Post
              I got my mig 29 about a week go I I need to figure out what all I need to make she fly does anyone know let me know
              Hi F2coffee,
              suggest you take the time to read the many posts in this forum. Tons of MiG-29 expertise already captured here.

What is your EDF experience level?

-GG

Comment

• Duplicate

Comment

• Does anyone have an idea if there are 3D cockpit parts that match the general size of the Mig29 cockpit? I’m trying to avoid EPO gator under the canopy glass. I’m painting my -29 and want to do the cockpit before I get a clean paint scheme laid down. I see a few MiG-29 3D print upgrades available on thinguniverse.com, but no cockpit parts specifically. Mine does not have to be perfect scale… stand off of good. Anything really that will fit might work… would be better than gator :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie P View Post
                    Does anyone have an idea if there are 3D cockpit parts that match the general size of the Mig29 cockpit? I’m trying to avoid EPO gator under the canopy glass. I’m painting my -29 and want to do the cockpit before I get a clean paint scheme laid down. I see a few MiG-29 3D print upgrades available on thinguniverse.com, but no cockpit parts specifically. Mine does not have to be perfect scale… stand off of good. Anything really that will fit might work… would be better than gator :)
                    I just kinda made mine up, no 3D printing

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210711_174056.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	376368Click image for larger version

Name:	20210529_171612.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	376369Click image for larger version

Name:	20210529_164518.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	376370
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                      Great to see it in the air again, definitely right where it belongs!!!! Excellent video and recommendations, as usual.
                      Thanks Hugh!

The experimentation goes on!
                      Feels so good to be back in the air with the MiG!

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                        IGNORE list is a wonderful thing.
                        You are right. You Sir are now on mine. Some on here remind me of an Engineer friend's Saying he liked " If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, Baffle them with total BS LOL This Statement is from an old RCer' here in the great State of South Dakota.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post

You are right. You Sir are now on mine. Some on here remind me of an Engineer friend's Saying he liked " If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, Baffle them with total BS LOL This Statement is from an old RCer' here in the great State of South Dakota.
                          Oh dear.

Comment

• Is there a video that shows we're the 9g servo and the 30g servo go at for the mig-29 Fulcrum

Comment

• I don't know of a video but it's in the manual.

Comment

• Can anyone help me by telling me we're servo 9g digital hybrid metal 200mm and the 30g coreless metal gear servo 100mm go at

Comment

• In addition to the manual you can look at the motion site, it lists where each servo goes. The 30g servos were upgrades that came out on the plane after the manual was printed so you'll see them mentioned more on the site and in the notes.

Freewing MiG-29 Fulcrum Red Star Twin 80mm EDF Jet with Thrust Vectoring - PNP [FJ31621P] Motion RC

2/3 of the way down the page "Servos".​

Comment

• This is an answer to the plane wanting to point it's nose up when slow and power added, getting into a vertical "dance" that many can't get out of. Yeah, it happened to me a couple years back! Jammed power on a go-around... well, there ya go!

So, I added ~3 degrees of down-thrust by removing the nozzles and sanding an angle into the front face on each. Test flew it today and was very pleased. It's pretty close. More flight tests to come. I couldn't help but notice how high the engines are set on the full-size (giving down-thrust). If you look at the humps back there, it is telling.

Freewing got it wrong by engineering intake/thrust tubes straight from the intakes to the exhausts. That and a few other things. I'm not bashing them. Just being honest. I can only imagine the thought process and engineering it takes to bring something like this to fuition. Hats off to 'em. It really is a nice jet.
                                    Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Slowly getting more and more comfortable with the TVC upgrade on the MiG ^^

Comment

• Absolutely loving this jet now.

After today's flights I may have gone the tiniest bit too far on the nozzle downthrust. At 1/4 power and level, jam the throttle and she consistently nosed only very slightly down. Now this is not a bad thing. However, I noted that I am carrying a little more up elevator on these flights. And, that's with lighter SMCs. Same CG. So, I'm wondering if I should try 2 degrees when I re-build with the new fuselage. 2 degrees should give me a straight line on the above test.

BTW, flying dead straight up, she only slowly starting leaning to her back as I lost airspeed. This is an indicator that I still need more downthrust. ...Re-thinking, maybe better left as is. She certainly has a locked in feel. Rolls are superb and very axial. Only needs the slightest touch of down on the invert. Definitely, a very agile jet.
                                        Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Is anyone having problems with the elevator sticking on the mig-29 and what to do about it

Comment

Working...
                                          X