Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, this is just proof that you CAN teach an old dog new tricks. Installed an A3L in the Avanti, on the starboard side under the forward end of the hatch, set her up to use the knob on the radio for gain, like all the other planes I have (Did a count and the Avanti is the only flying airplane that didn't have a gyro! Go figure) Flew her today and WOW, smooth as butter! The gyro just makes an airplane so much nicer to fly. The Avanti was never a difficult airplane to fly, just getting her back on the ground was the challenge for me. She sat for over a year as my skills definitely improved, thanks to my F.I RV 8! Best airplane ever! Now she's fun to fly again. Thanks guys!!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• 2 more till 100 flights...

Comment

• Sidewinders!
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Ps2727 View Post
          Sidewinders!
          Cool, now you can shoot down those pesky Havoks and Vipers.
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Love my Hi Performance Avanti with the Fierey Booty Afterburner

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnVH View Post
              Love my Hi Performance Avanti with the Fierey Booty Afterburner
              I rather like mine with the home-made afterburner:

Comment

• Originally posted by AFTERBURNER View Post

I am flying my Avanti with the FMS 2100KV fan and a 100A ESC. It works great.

Comment

• I’m installing the FMS 2100 Kv fan and found the mounting bracket too far forward compared to the stock Freewing fan (on the Avanti). I can move it forward about 3/8” and drill new holes, but will then have a small gap in the front and rear ducting. Is that how you installed yours? I’m a bit worried about the difference in thrust vectoring.

Am I missing something?

Cheers!

Comment

• Danonino, It's been over a year since I installed the FMS 2100, so I'll need to look at it to be sure. Best I recall, 2 of the holes lined up and I had to drill 2 new holes. The fan fits tight against the rear of the compartment, so it makes a good seal. I did have to remove some foam to get the proper fit. Hope this is helpful.

Comment

• This is Tim's upgraded Freewing Avanti 80mm EDF Jet with a trick.

Comment

• I was going to guess "reverse thrust" even before the video got to 10 seconds. There's not a lot of things we can do to an EDF these days that can be considered a "trick". Upping power - done lots. Thrust vectoring - also done quite a bit now. As for flight times, when I had my old Avanti S, I could idle it around with take off flaps and a 5000mah, 6s battery for nearly 10 minutes, so that too, wasn't my guess for a "trick".
                        I've been dabbling around with thrust reverse since last season on many of my EDFs since my DRACO came with it and then the Eflite 90mm Viper and Eflite F-16. I've done it with my twin 70mm PJ50 (Avian), 90mm Yak 130 (Hobbywing), Freewing F-18 (Hobbywing), Freewing AL-37 (Hobbywing), Freewing 90mm F-22 (FMS Predator), Flex 90mm F-100 Super Sabre (Hobbywing). Of all of these, the Avian reversing ESCs have been bulletproof while some of the Hobbywings have begun to fail. Nevertheless, I have not given up on them as I'm still tinkering with the travel limits on the switch that controls the reverse function. (I believe this may be the source of my problems with these brands of ESCs.) These reversing ESCs have been the neatest thing since sliced bread and are a huge benefit to those who fly off very short runways.
                        Tell Tim that he chose well with the Avian. Even though the Avian does require the use of a smart RX (or 2 for twins), their track record is by far, well ahead of the pack by leaps and bounds.

Comment

• Thank you sir and I will let Tim know that. He works on race cars, so he normally makes great choices in the high performance realm :D

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20221003_042017.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	358184
                            ​First of all, many greetings to you all. As you can see, I am new to the forum.
                            Can I have a little quick help?
                            A few days ago I bought my first EDF, of course, Avanti! :-)
                            I started reading the topic about him and I can see that it will be interesting.
                            I saw an interesting thing somewhere, but I can't find it now,
                            it is the RX/Gyiro tray for the Avanti EDF 80mm. It looks like a great solution for the avanti.
                            Question and request for help?
                            Does anyone have a link to thingverse where I can download that file so I can print it on my friend's 3D printer?
                            Thank you all in advance for help and I wish you all many happy landings!

Pero1969
                            Croatia.​

Comment

• Maybe something like this. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5147716

Comment

• Thanks for the add here. Just ordered my Avanti 80 S.. Will power it with the admiral 6000 6S lipo. Wondering about elevator deflection needed when using flaps. Have the Banshee and find very little deflection is needed for smooth landing.

Comment

• Have my Avanti coming in tomorrow and was looking for a on-line manual to prep for the receiver installation. I plan on using a Crossfire 6 channel nano receiver. Is this a standard receiver install ? Thanks for the help here.. Cary

Comment

• I use Lemon Rx. I have 8 electric planes with the 7 chg Rx in all of them. The Rx’s I use are with Stabilizers built in the and they cost under $40 on sale. Check the Lemon Rx out.

Comment

• Crossfire and DSMX are not compatible...

A basic 6ch works though some like 7 to separate the steering.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                        Crossfire and DSMX are not compatible...

A basic 6ch works though some like 7 to separate the steering.
                                        I would be using both Crossfire Transmitter and receiver in this model. Should work fine ?

Comment

• Absolutely.

Comment

Working...
                                          X